Post workout sandwiches

How-d fellow Testosteronians. I often add a sandwich or two to my post-workout meal to increase the insulin response and add in a few carbs and was wondering what sort of spread would be the best? “Best at what?”, well I’ll let you decide that - whether it be protein synthesis, insulin response, or whatever.

Thanks.

As a professional chef and avid bodybuilder I have considered the problem of what to eat and when for training purposes for a long time. Two of my favorite easy to make ( and low fat ) sandwich spreads are: 1 lb. of cooked skinless, boneless turkey breast, two stalks of celery, 1 clove of garlic, 1 tsp. salt, 1-8oz. container of plain yogurt. Rough chop the turkey, celery, and garlic. Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until well mixed. This keeps well in a covered container in the refrigerator for 5 days. Another easy sandwich item to have on hand is to buy Flank steak at your local meat market. It is a very lean cut of beef. Marinate the whole steak (usually about 4 lbs on average) in 2 cups of orange juice, 3 cloves of minced garlic, and 1 tsp. dry basil.Marinate over night in the refrigerator. The next day, grill on med heat about 10 minutes a side or until done to your preference. When cool slice thin crosswise and keep in refrigerator for 4 to 5 days to use for sandwiches. Flank steak is also cheap (about $1.49/lb. here in the midwest), so it will leave more money to buy more supplements!

Bloody hell! I was expecting ‘Ah… peanut butter’. This is amazing! Thank Chef Ken. I’ll be sure to eat at wherever you work next time I’m in the midwest. I’ll just look for the real buff dude in the cool hat…