T Nation

Post-Workout Protein Alternatives?

hi.... could somebody recommended an alternative to whey for a post workout protein choice? i have stopped eating all dairy due to guy health issues . would it be appropriate just eat a piece of meat? thank you

My sister-in-law uses some type of vegetarian brand that is also dairy-free.

I have never used it, so I can't exactly comment on the product itself.

thanks i'll take a look

You can get pea protein, but it tastes awful! Meat will work.

any animal that has passed through death and fire will be adequate

Amino drink immediately after and a quality steak, especially grass fed with post workout meal

If you want to have a protein shake after training, pea, rice, hemp and soy protein are an option. Personally I just have some BCAA's and a banana or some shit immediately after gym and eat the biggest meal of the day when I get home.

Please, Please stay away from Soy Protein…bad idea. Read TC Luoma’s article on this

I’ve heard that Whey isolate is lactose-free. If it’s lactose intolerance that’s turning you off whey, then you could try WPI

This is the protein powder I use and this is where I buy it because you can’t find it anywhere else at this price. I personally like it with almond milk and sometimes throw in 1/4 cup of oats and 1/4 cup of peanuts in the blender with it. If you’re on the go it mixes really well and both flavors taste way better than any other non dairy protein powder IMO.

Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Powder in sweet vanilla bean and creamy chocolate fudge.