Post Workout Nutrition

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]iron.dragon wrote:
…fruit has more simple sugars which is good post workout, thats the only reason im asking…[/quote]

You sure about that?[/quote]

more than vegetables and grains? more than vegetables for sure… i suppose i could eat a piece of white bread but there’s juice in an orange for example tahts full of sugar…faster delivery

whether thats important post workout or not seems to be a silent undernote of this thread…

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

…fruit has more simple sugars which is good post workout, thats the only reason im asking…[/quote]

more than vegetables and grains? more than vegetables for sure… i suppose i could eat a piece of white bread but there’s juice in an orange for example tahts full of sugar…faster delivery

whether thats important post workout or not seems to be a silent undernote of this thread…[/quote]

I was asking if youre sure that simple sugars are good for post workout. Not commenting on whether fruit are simple sugars or not

as i understand it the sugars cause an insulin spike resulting in faster intake of sugar into muscle glycogen, and protein along with it

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

whether thats important post workout or not seems to be a silent undernote of this thread…[/quote]

I was asking if youre sure that simple sugars are good for post workout. Not commenting on whether fruit are simple sugars or not
[/quote]
I’ve been under the impression that a postworkout insulin spike is important, but lately i’ve seen that a good amount of people disagree. what do you think?

[quote]lemonman456 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[/quote]
I’ve been under the impression that a postworkout insulin spike is important, but lately i’ve seen that a good amount of people disagree. what do you think?[/quote]

Ive posted my thoughts on it in at least a dozen threads.

And there are just as many credible people who think a post workout insulin spike via simple carbs is a good thing. Decide for yourself by trying it out.

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:
Insulin spike is overrated imo. I’d worry about getting enough protein and cals. [/quote]

I think the point of the insulin spike was to “halt catabolism,” which I don’t this is a serious issue unless you train with depleted glycogen stores.

If no depleted glycogen stores > no PWO insulin spike because “catabolism” isn’t really a concern

If depleted glycogen stores > mid-workout insulin spike, continued through PWO window

And that’s all if you really care about the minutiae.