T Nation

Post Workout Glucose (Dextrose)

hi,

i have been working out for a while and made some decent gains. however, i have been recently reading arnie’s ‘bible’ and he states how important taking glucose is within 20 minutes of a workout.

i have never done this as i was unaware. obviously i am concerned about this and wish to rectify it.

i know that you can purchase supplements that contain glucose but how many grams of glucose should i be consuming post workout?

thanks.

[quote]the_wildman wrote:
hi,

i have been working out for a while and made some impressive gains. however, i have been recently reading arnie’s ‘bible’ and he states how important taking glucose is within 20 minutes of a workout.

i have never done this as i was unaware. obviously i am concerned about this and wish to rectify it.

Buy some Surge and follow the label rcommendations for your body weight.
i know that you can purchase supplements that contain glucose but how many grams of glucose should i be consuming post workout?

thanks.[/quote]

Read "solving the Post W/o Puzzle I and II here it covers all your ?'s and mopre

Phill

Read the article mentioned above, but basically you should have about 50g of Dextrose and 20g of Whey in a shake immediately post workout followed by a solid meal an hour later, give it a try, Or just buy Surge and have a serving post workout…

SHadoW

thanks for the replies

interesting articles. thanks!

the Biotest Surge looks the ideal product that i am after, however it is expensive here in the uk - twice the u.s price - welcome to ‘rip off britain’.

as a rule of thumb i usually shoot for either 1g per pound of body weight for glucose and whey OR 1:2 ratio of whey to glucose depending on your goals and how u respond.

for an all singing all dancing supplement reflex growth matrix is pretty good and PRo recover from cnp is basically Surge.

hope this helps

[quote]antman wrote:
as a rule of thumb i usually shoot for either 1g per pound of body weight for glucose and whey OR 1:2 ratio of whey to glucose depending on your goals and how u respond.

for an all singing all dancing supplement reflex growth matrix is pretty good and PRo recover from cnp is basically Surge.

hope this helps
[/quote]

Yup in the UK get pro-recover by CNP its ?20 for 16 servings and is the same as Surge, take one serving after/during your workout.

Hi,

I have just come across this product:

www.myprotein.co.uk/formulas/our-formulas/recovery-formula/

Will this be a sufficient for a post workout supplement?

It is cheap as chips!

Thanks.