Post-WO Meal Timing During Prep

The back.

Looking good, especially your back shot.

[quote]EyeDentist wrote:
Looking good, especially your back shot. [/quote]

Thanks man!

Yoo buddy how are things coming along??

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:
Yoo buddy how are things coming along??[/quote]

Hey man! Havent been on here for the past week or so, sorry I missed your message. Heres a little update. I’m in peak week now, comp is on 10th May Sunday.

I’m not looking to carb deplete then load, I might just keep carbs constant and dona slight higher intake on Saturday.

SB

[quote]Singhbuilder wrote:
Again, sorry about the shots they’re not the best.

SB[/quote]

Looking real good dude! Fwiw i thought i would be super nervous but i found myself to be more excited then nervous so dont worry too much

Looking awesome buddy
are u natural , right ?
do you mind posting some pics in a rest day?
how is your training ?(frequency, volume and intensity)
thanks!

Latest pics looking great!

Waiting on updates :slight_smile:

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Latest pics looking great!

Waiting on updates :slight_smile:

S[/quote]

Yeah same here, soooo
 Howd it go??

Hey guys sorry about the very late reply. I have been busy lately, my best friend passed last week so have been occupied with preparations etc.

In regards to the show, I made it somewhere into the top 15 out of 26 competitors. The show was very poorly organised, we were told to be there for 10am so i thought id be on stage soon after that. I ended up going on stage at 10pm!!!
I had not prepared for that so i had no meals with me, had to survive on protein bars and rice cakes.

The biggest disappointment was the fact that I didnt even get to pose as there were so many competitors on stage. The judges rushed it. We were told to stand on stage for 3-4mins, then all were removed and top 15 bought back. After that, stand for another 3-4mins and get rid of everyone and bring back top 5 to pose? So i waited 12hours just for that.

On the positive side, i learned that i need more mass. Overcame stage fright. And like ELS said it was actually an enjoyable experience for the time i was up there! Pics to follow soon!

SB

Hey guys sorry about the very late reply. I have been busy lately, my best friend passed last week so have been occupied with preparations etc.

In regards to the show, I made it somewhere into the top 15 out of 26 competitors. The show was very poorly organised, we were told to be there for 10am so i thought id be on stage soon after that. I ended up going on stage at 10pm!!!
I had not prepared for that so i had no meals with me, had to survive on protein bars and rice cakes.

The biggest disappointment was the fact that I didnt even get to pose as there were so many competitors on stage. The judges rushed it. We were told to stand on stage for 3-4mins, then all were removed and top 15 bought back. After that, stand for another 3-4mins and get rid of everyone and bring back top 5 to pose? So i waited 12hours just for that.

On the positive side, i learned that i need more mass. Overcame stage fright. And like ELS said it was actually an enjoyable experience for the time i was up there! Pics to follow soon!

SB[/quote]

Damn man sorry to hear about your friend and also the lack of show organization. But congrats and im glad to hear you got your ass up on stage. I was starting to wonder if you bitched out but that was not the case! Good job

Wow man, tough situation, and from the sounds of it, fairly poorly run contest. Still, you came through your prep showing great improvement, and physical as well as mental toughness no question.

Be proud, share photos with us when you get 'em, and set your sights on another show you can continue making improvements towards!

S

I have to admit, Singhbuilder, when I first started following this thread, I thought you were out of your league with the thought of competing. But man, much to my surprise you really pulled it all together and looked fantastic in the end!

Cheers!

Way too many people![/quote]

Damn that’s a ton! I’m surprised they didn’t divide into classes by either height or weight.

Looking pretty good in the pics.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

Way too many people![/quote]

Damn that’s a ton! I’m surprised they didn’t divide into classes by either height or weight.

Looking pretty good in the pics.

S[/quote]

Thanks Stu.
The men’s physique category was divided into short and tall. The short category was a few hours earlier and they had around 26 people. The judges split this category into half and judged them that way.

Even though we had more competitors than the short category we weren’t divided. This leads me to believe the judges were being lazy as it was the last performance of the day.

SB

congratulations!

Great job and well done dude.

May I please inquire what your training (and full cardio regime) has been like since you began your prep?

Thanks in advance

[quote]kaisermetal wrote:
congratulations![/quote]

Thanks man!

SB

[quote]moogweasel wrote:
Great job and well done dude.

May I please inquire what your training (and full cardio regime) has been like since you began your prep?

Thanks in advance[/quote]

Hey! Thanks.

My prep for that competition was pretty extreme, I started too far from my stage goal. I wouldn’t do the same this time but what I did was 2 hours of cardio at the peak of prep. My training was fairly basic, tried to lift heavy with a standard BB split.

I have stopped doing BB splits now (I feel they work better for chemically enhanced individuals). I now follow a 3-day a week strength program, my focus is on recovery now and I have packed on much more size in a short amount of time compared to the BB split days. I am now also vegetarian but vegan most days.

My stage weight was roughly 76kg at ~6-7%BF. I’m now 81kg ~10BF.

SB