Post-WO Meal Timing During Prep

Not the best lat spread but its all I got.

SB

[quote]Singhbuilder wrote:

SB[/quote]

Try getting your elbows slightly in front of your torso (when viewed from the side) in order to really open up your lats.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

SB[/quote]

Try getting your elbows slightly in front of your torso (when viewed from the side) in order to really open up your lats.

S[/quote]

Ok thanks Stu will try that.

SB

So here is an update into the cut. Just over 4 weeks out.

220g protein
170g carbs
50g fat
~1980 calories

SB

So tonight i messed up. I cheated on my diet being 3 weeks out. I had sweets and kfc. Ive been fairly low carb the past 3 days. Have i just cost myself the show possibly? Should i not compete till next year now? What do i do?

SB

How the fuck do you just cheat on your diet during prep? Weak man.

You sound like youre just looking for an excuse to not do your show. Man the fuck up and see it through or go ahead and be weak and cheat some more. Your choice.

1 Like

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:

You sound like youre just looking for an excuse to not do your show. Man the fuck up and see it through or go ahead and be weak and cheat some more. Your choice.[/quote]

You’re right. Thanks man.

SB

You sound like youre just looking for an excuse to not do your show. Man the fuck up and see it through or go ahead and be weak and cheat some more. Your choice.[/quote]

You’re right. Thanks man.

SB[/quote]

Youll be fine but nit if you continue to do that. Maybe throw in some extra cardio this week. Only 3 more weeks man finish strong and youll be glad you did.

I did an extra hour today so 2 hours in total. Will do the same tomo.
And you were right, i was looking for excuses not to compete. Nervous as fuck.

SB

Current condition (3 days ago). Drier today due fuckery meal yesterday.

SB

Looking good dude! Nervous is good its normal. Bombing on stage will be nothing compared to the feeling of quitting. See it through.

Blowing shit up one day, and then digging in even deeper the next isn’t the worst thing in the world. In fact, it may have given you a nice little metabolic boost in the process.

Now,… man the f-ck up and see this through, or you’ll look back at yourself in disgust.

S

Thanks guys. Really need a push. I’m so so tired atm.

I’m carb cycling, going up to 150g on shoulders and chest days, then medium days of 50g and low days of 0g (cardio days).

Just a couple questions, do i need to cut out protein shakes?
My food choices are:
Tilapia
Asparagus
Salad
Peanut butter
Eggs
Brown rice
Oats
Are these ok?

SB

Some shots from yesterday.

There’s nothing inherently wrong with protein shakes, espeicially if their convenience allows you to get everything in during your work/school day. Most people will discard them in favor of solid foods simply because they will take longer to digest, and you will be fuller longer. This is pretty helpful when you’re coming towards the end of a prep and your hunger and blood sugar levels can be issues.

Definitely looking good. Those veins will pop even more when you have some serious tanner going on under the stage lights.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
There’s nothing inherently wrong with protein shakes, espeicially if their convenience allows you to get everything in during your work/school day. Most people will discard them in favor of solid foods simply because they will take longer to digest, and you will be fuller longer. This is pretty helpful when you’re coming towards the end of a prep and your hunger and blood sugar levels can be issues.

Definitely looking good. Those veins will pop even more when you have some serious tanner going on under the stage lights.

S[/quote]

Ah thanks Stu.
Shakes are so much more convenient to me although I only get ~50g of my daily protein from them. My calories are at roughly 1550 and an hour cardio a day.
Do I need to change anything or continue as I am?

SB

Im starting to panic about this lower ab fat. I’m just over 2.5weeks out, this should not be there. What do I do? Any ideas/suggestions? Someone help please

SB

Dont panic. Usually its the last bit to go, its like that with me too. 2.5 weeks doesnt sound like much but you can still lose a good amount of fat in that amount of time.

I dont think im experienced enough to give cardio or diet advice though.

Dont panic. Usually its the last bit to go, its like that with me too. 2.5 weeks doesnt sound like much but you can still lose a good amount of fat in that amount of time.

I dont think im experienced enough to give cardio or diet advice though.[/quote]

Thanks man.

Im deciding to increase my carbs slightly. I will continue carb cycling, but Im just not functioning on these low carbs for too long. I cant train or do cardio. So it will look like this:

Day 1: 150g
Day 2: 100g
Day 3: 50g
Day 4: 0g
Day 5: 0g
Day 6: 150g
Day 7: 50g

Protein will remain at 250g, fat will drop from 60 to 40g on high carb days. I have 2 days at 150g which correspond to my weaker muscles, chest and shoulders. This is my plan.

SB

15 days out.