Post-WO Meal Timing During Prep

[quote]Singhbuilder wrote:
Thanks for the input ELS. I’m currently sticking to the 30mins and also my training has changed too. Still going heavy but supersetting everything. Carbs are at 300g from oats, sweet potatoes and white rice.

SB[/quote]

Yeah my carbs are at 20g so i assume our bodies are quite different lol. Either that or shelby likes to torture me.

Any comments on the amount of cardio I am doing in regards to my BF% in the pictures?

SB[/quote]

If your diet stays the same, a bunch, if it changes, not as much.

You can’t really just make a guess based on a pic, because there are a good number of variables that you need to juggle during a prep. I will say that you look to be needing to drop at least 20 lbs to be anywhere near contest range, so if you’ve got a time frame, and have been keeping a relatively steady weekly amount of weight loss, you should have some idea.

S

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:

Yeah my carbs are at 20g so i assume our bodies are quite different lol. Either that or shelby likes to torture me.
[/quote]

Ouch that is torture!

SB

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

If your diet stays the same, a bunch, if it changes, not as much.

You can’t really just make a guess based on a pic, because there are a good number of variables that you need to juggle during a prep. I will say that you look to be needing to drop at least 20 lbs to be anywhere near contest range, so if you’ve got a time frame, and have been keeping a relatively steady weekly amount of weight loss, you should have some idea.

S[/quote]

Thanks Stu. Right, so in light of your comments im going to drop my carbs to 200g and replace them with protein (chicken breast). The competition is on the 10th May so I am a little over 7 weeks out. I have been losing fat steadily over the past 3 weeks, overall weight loss is 2kg (4.4lbs).
Im just afraid to drop carbs as its resulted in muscle loss in the past when I have attempted it.

SB

Update:

So currently my macros stand at

200g Carbs
217g Protein
26g Fat
1986 kcal
I am going to bring the fats up slightly to have a total calorie intake of ~2200kcal a day. The carbs are coming from oats and white rice on one day, and then sweet potato and oats the next day.

I have replaced my 10.30am banana and whey shake with a salad and chicken breast. Currently not counting carbs from veg.

SB

Update:

So currently my macros stand at

200g Carbs
217g Protein
26g Fat
1986 kcal
I am going to bring the fats up slightly to have a total calorie intake of ~2200kcal a day. The carbs are coming from oats and white rice on one day, and then sweet potato and oats the next day.

I have replaced my 10.30am banana and whey shake with a salad and chicken breast. Currently not counting carbs from veg.

SB[/quote]

Hows the fatloss coming along?

Hows the fatloss coming along?
[/quote]

In the mirror, it looks to be dropping off very quick. On the scales, im down 3kg (~6.6lbs). My obliques are showing now very sharp. Obviously lower ab fat is still there. Im 7 weeks out, Im trying not to rush but the mental games have started. Feeling small, not weaker though.
Will try get a pic up later today.

SB

Sorry its not the best poses.

SB

SB[/quote]

Nice, definitely headed in the right direction

SB[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks matey!
Just wondering if I should up my carbs slightly to 250g or keep them where they are. Im so low-carbphobic its unbelievable. Also any tips on getting plain chicken breast down you? Any flavourings?

SB

SB[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks matey!
Just wondering if I should up my carbs slightly to 250g or keep them where they are. Im so low-carbphobic its unbelievable. Also any tips on getting plain chicken breast down you? Any flavourings?

SB[/quote]

I have just the thing for chicken, i fuckin love this sauce and unlike siraracha, there is no sugar, its just herbs and spices, i look forward to it every day.

.[/quote]

Ah thanks man ill have to look for this online see if i can get it here in the UK.

SB

.[/quote]

Ah thanks man ill have to look for this online see if i can get it here in the UK.

SB[/quote]

Totally worth it, do you guys have sriracha sauce over there?

At 7 (I assume now 6) weeks out, I wouldn’t do anything that could be construed as “pumping the brakes”. If indeed you need lower carbs to see movement, then don’t do something silly like jack them back up a week after dropping them. You look ok, but not knowing what sort of competition you plan on standing beside, I’d certainly be pushing the effort if I were in your shoes.

S

Totally worth it, do you guys have sriracha sauce over there?
[/quote]

I havent come across it to be honest.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
At 7 (I assume now 6) weeks out, I wouldn’t do anything that could be construed as “pumping the brakes”. If indeed you need lower carbs to see movement, then don’t do something silly like jack them back up a week after dropping them. You look ok, but not knowing what sort of competition you plan on standing beside, I’d certainly be pushing the effort if I were in your shoes.

S[/quote]

I see. Thanks for the input Stu. I have seen some of the physiques I will be up against and are fairly leaner than me. But what puts me down is that they are clearly assisted. I had my posing session yesterday and we determined the front pose was my best pose alongside the back pose.

As of today I am 7 weeks out.

SB

Hi bro singh

I posted on your last thread which was about your issues u faced and u took macuna pruriens . I am facing the exact thing with similar test numbers … Can we get in touch plz so ill get more info and maybe share what am experiencing i really need your help? Hope u wont ignore cuz u might save a life :slight_smile:

2 updates to this thread, so overall weight loss is at 8lbs. Strength is still sustained (hit a PR on incline dumbell press).

I have played around with my carb timings starting yesterday. As I do my cardio first thing in the morning and hit the weights in the evening, I have moved the bulk of my carb intake to the evening. This is how my diet looks now.

8am: Chicken breast and small sweet potato ~100g cooked weight (after cardio)
10.30am: 50g almonds
1pm: Large tuna salad and green tea
5pm: Chicken breast with sweet potato ~70 - 80g of carbs
6pm TRAIN (half way through ill have half my oats and whey isolate shake)
7.30pm: Remaining half of oats and whey shake.

I know oats are not the best carbs to be consuming during and postworkout so I may decrease my oats and add in dextrose?
Also, to avoid spiking cortisol in the evening should I hit weights in the morning and do my cardio in the evening?

SB

For anyone following here is a little update into my cut.