Post-Surgery Lifting/Conditioning

I had my appendix removed two weeks ago and my staples taken out a week after. The doctor was clear in telling me to avoid rugby for about a month, but wasn’t clear on running and lifting. It’s a pain to get into see him, so I was curious if anyone here has had a similar situation and advice. Thanks

SQUATS AND MILK!!!

yeah I don’t know…

[quote]depeter wrote:
I had my appendix removed two weeks ago and my staples taken out a week after. The doctor was clear in telling me to avoid rugby for about a month, but wasn’t clear on running and lifting. It’s a pain to get into see him, so I was curious if anyone here has had a similar situation and advice. Thanks[/quote]

I had my appendix out when I was a kid, but wasn’t into lifting then. I’d say when in doubt it is best to err on the side of caution. A month seems like a lot now, but it will fly by. Maybe take this time to work on small things like grip strength, traps, arms, mobility, etc.

The point is that you find ways to use the time productively so that you might actually be better off by the time you’re able to get back to lifting hard and heavy.

Also, on a completely unrelated note, you are gonna want to get on a good quality probiotic. Trust me on this, not having an appendix is a recipe for dysbiosis in the gut.