Post Surge Meal

So you know how on the Surge Recovery label it suggests consuming a meal 67% Carbs and 33% Proteins about an hour afterwards? Well any meal suggestions? I suck at math.

[quote]FutureGL wrote:
So you know how on the Surge Recovery label it suggests consuming a meal 67% Carbs and 33% Proteins about an hour afterwards? Well any meal suggestions? I suck at math.[/quote]

I’m pretty sure it’s just a general recommendation. What’s more important is to follow your overall nutritional strategy since it should be tailored to your goals.

As far as the ratio given, it’s simply 2:1 carbs to protein.

hmmm this ones a tough one because i love eggs, mackeral and brown toast with no butter after a Surge shake… think protein though and you should maybe have chicken, turkey, beef, sweet potato, wholemeal pasta brown rice that sort of thing…

think protein and clean carbs; try not to add any fat to the meal and you should be set.

oh ok yeah I guess I was kinda overthinking it. something like chicken breast and spinach? should I add a starch?

What i’ve been doing (and it’s been working nice for me) is 1/2 Surge during workout, 1/2 Surge after workout, shower, then immediately on to sipping a litre of milk with 60g whey in it. Then i’ll put a yam or 80g brown rice on to cook, by which time i’ll have finished the milk. I then eat the rice with chicken or something, a 50-50 carbs and protein meal.

hmmm! i might have to give that a try. it sounds college friendly.