Post Stroke Ripped Dream!! Help

my profile pic is actually mine(one with hair, at 83 kg,in march 2007)
entered bad company in college, weed /coke/ what-nots;ultimately had a stroke in aug2010, then diagnosed with bipolar in june2012… long story shot, put on a lot of weight(went upto 104 kg)
training relegiously since may this year, now at 94(at 24%) down from 100 kg…
regained almost full strength on my left side too, although cant flex it as hard as my right side

want to lose 10 kgs of bf in like 3, 3.5 months. currently squatting 300 lbs 3-4 reps, deadlift 350 lbs x1, bench 225x1
meds-aspirin, bp meds, cholestrol med, and lamictal
p.s. earlier asked a question about gear and considering the fresponses, decided to better stay away from it…for the time being atleast

Congrats on the comeback dude … Makes me feel like a pussy complaining about my shoulder, knees, etc when guys are coming back from serious, life threatening (and life changing) medical conditions … Good for you

I’m too lazy to do the math (damn metric system) but isn’t that like 25 pounds in 3 months? Might be a little over zealous for keeping your muscle and strength … For me about a pound or maybe 1.5 per week keeps me losing fat while still being able to eat enough to keep my energy/ strength and not feel like shit

Not qualified to discuss how your meds fit into the equation …

lets just say want to lose 25 lbs, without losing too much lean mass( i know would lose some obviously) in however little time its possible

There are plenty of guys on here who have posted diet logs for themselves or others that have been very successful … Jskrabac, Rattlehead, and Myosin immediately come to mind … Search their logs and posts for some guidelines about how to set up and implement a successful diet strategy … Anything from MightyStu, Ryanb, or Cris Colucci is also worthy of a look 4 sure.

My quick and dirty .02 would be to determine your maintenance calories and protein requirement, hit your protein each day and fill in the rest of your cals just below maintenance with essential fats and complex carbs. A food log is essential (I think) … Especially at first so you can make sure you are hitting your numbers.

Keep the carbs as high as high as you can at first while still losing 1-2 pounds per week (2 max) , and keep cardio to a minimum. This will allow you to adjust your carbs down and cardio up when you begin to hit the inevitable fat loss stall. Don’t start out with low carbs and lots of cardio, as that gives you no other option but increased cardio to reduce calories …

Always get your protein in, and adjust your cals down slowly when your weight begins to plateau (I do 100 cal drops per week initially, then adjust from there if needed) . Just remember its a process. Let time take care of itself - 4 to 5 months go by pretty quickly … If you are diligent and patient, you can make drastic, positive changes in that time.

thanks man…

No problem … But definitely search out some logs/posts from the guys I pointed out above … They know far more than me, and can give you more detail than I did here …

[quote]fatboi wrote:
my profile pic is actually mine(one with hair, at 83 kg,in march 2007)
entered bad company in college, weed /coke/ what-nots;ultimately had a stroke in aug2010, then diagnosed with bipolar in june2012… long story shot, put on a lot of weight(went upto 104 kg)
training relegiously since may this year, now at 94(at 24%) down from 100 kg…
regained almost full strength on my left side too, although cant flex it as hard as my right side

want to lose 10 kgs of bf in like 3, 3.5 months. currently squatting 300 lbs 3-4 reps, deadlift 350 lbs x1, bench 225x1
meds-aspirin, bp meds, cholestrol med, and lamictal
p.s. earlier asked a question about gear and considering the fresponses, decided to better stay away from it…for the time being atleast[/quote]

Congrats to you! Your story is really something! I wish you well!

I’m 44 & I was just diagnosed with 50 to 69% blockage of my carotid artery. Three days ago they put me on a simvastatin 40mg coenzyme cq-10 200mg & elavil 50mg but I’m feeling more dizzy now then the day I went in complaining of dizzyness & a headache.

One doctor told me I don’t need to changes my activities & just to stay on my low fat diet I’ve been on. The heart failer doctor didn’t say anything about my activities but asked if I bench pressed after answering him he didn’t say nothing. Both said they do not believe my dizzyness or headache is from the blockage. Is bench pressing & lifting something I should not do? Should I stop lifting?

how could stop lifting solve anything??
my doctor actually advised me to hit the gym… but this is after almost 3 years… my pgysio took me to the gym as soon as i was able to walk… i know the thing we do for vascularity (holding breath) is really bad for bp though

[quote]fatboi wrote:
my doctor actually advised me to hit the gym… but this is after almost 3 years… my pgysio took me to the gym as soon as i was able to walk… i know the thing we do for vascularity (holding breath) is really bad for bp though[/quote]

Yeah, depending on the medical condition, lifting will raise blood pressure temporarily, especially as mentioned when holding breath.

[quote]john2009 wrote:

[quote]fatboi wrote:
my doctor actually advised me to hit the gym… but this is after almost 3 years… my pgysio took me to the gym as soon as i was able to walk… i know the thing we do for vascularity (holding breath) is really bad for bp though[/quote]

Thank you both for your replies!

Yeah, depending on the medical condition, lifting will raise blood pressure temporarily, especially as mentioned when holding breath. [/quote]

My BP is pretty good it ranges between 138/90 (when I’m really nervous) to 113/78. I been seeing my doctor for over 10 years & he tried me on a BP pill (because it was always 140/90 to 130/80) but my BP was dropping too low. I saw a cardio dr in 2010 & he did a stress test & he said he didn’t want me on a BP pill that I didn’t need it.

I have very high anxiety to start with & finding out what I have now really has me worked up! I can feel my heart just pounding. I just called the cardio dr I saw last week & he said I have no limits the more exercise the better & my blockage might regress but I think he’s talking more cardio workout. I did tell him I lift some heavy stuff & I asked him if he thought my dizzyiness (without the room spinning) & my confusion (that just started last week) at times along with my words not coming out right (at times) & feeling like my motor skills are off (which just started) if he thought it was due to the blockage? He said no.

I want to keep working out! Maybe I should decrease weight & increase reps & make sure I breath & not hold my breathe during the exercise? I gotta get my mind off this!

also one doctor told me to lose weigt and i will see a consequent drop in blood pressure… if it works for you!!