Post OVT Training Help

On December 14th I will have completed CT’s OVT program, and unfortunately will also have to get my wisdom teeth removed (all four)!! So, in part I have two questions:

1. For those of you that have completed the OVT program, what type of unloading did you perform for the next 1-2 weeks? I was thinking of staying with the same bodypart split, performing 2-3 straight sets of 8-10 reps per exercise with a weight around my 10-12RM. Would this suffice or should I lower the volume?

2. Now, for the people that have had their wisdom teeth removed, how long was it before you were able to get back in the gym, and how long before you could eat whole foods?? I know that it affects people differently, I was just wondering how other people responded to it.

Thanks,
GSUPike

It’s been a while but the last time I did OVT I took it easy for a week and then jumped right into the Advanced GVT which is a 10X3 program. Made more great gains.

I had my wisdom teeth cut out a long time ago. Everybody is different, especially when it comes to how much or little pain and swelling you have as well as how you respond to the pain meds. Just go by how you feel and don’t push too early.

I did CT’s OVT and then immediatly started his Mutation Series program. Excellent excellent results.

[quote]GSUPike wrote:
2. Now, for the people that have had their wisdom teeth removed, how long was it before you were able to get back in the gym, and how long before you could eat whole foods?? I know that it affects people differently, I was just wondering how other people responded to it.
[/quote]

I had them removed two at a time. With the first two, I was back in the gym 4 days later. I got a bit of a fever and pretty much slept and took my meds. I was eating whole food the first day. I just made sure to chew really good with my front teeth and swallowed carefully.

The second time, I didn’t have a problem at all and was back in the gym 2 days later (once I ran out of Percocet, not gonna lift while on that). Whole foods same day as surgery again.

Just make sure you follow the doc’s instructions: No alchohol or tobacco during recovery, warm salt water rinse after each meal to prevent dry socket, no using a straw (the suction can pull out the blood clots), take your meds as prescribed.

If you do that, you shouldn’t have problems. Everyone I know that had problems violated one or more of their instructions, and they paid for it.