Post-Finasteride Syndrome but I Respond to TRT. What Can I Do?

I have previously taken testosterone gel 46 mg/day.
Now I’m on testosterone propionate injections 50 mg twice a week.
I had T 3.3 ng/ml during testosterone gel long term application (blood test in the morning before daily application). Before TRT my T was 4.0 ng/ml.
I have experienced the same effect from gel the first times (not so amazing like injections). Then the effect slowed down to baseline.
I have had very good response with testosterone gel and gemfibrozil (ppar-a agonist to treat high TG). T level was about 9 ng/ml. Sincerely I don’t know why the interaction works so well. (stopped due to insane high TC…maybe more cholesterol so more precursor steroids and neurosteroids? Is it the trick?)
Paradoxically I got diffuse bacne with TRT+PPARa (T 9 ng/ml) and no sign of bacne with testosterone propionate injections (T over 15 ng/ml).

cool doc.

I always thought ppar agonists looked better than statins for cholesterol. Is there any reason you use prop instead of u? I figure less pinning seems preferable.

Propionate has less half-life so it’s more manageable according to my endo. (especially if you have sides during long-acting TU)

You’re going to need to take Prop more often than twice a week. EOD or daily would be best, it’s a short ester and often not the easiest to use for TRT

1 Like

Yeah I just caught that part. Prop is pretty much daily or EOD max. When are you testing vs. injecting? Right after? Right before?

1 Like

Thank you for the reply.
Endo has prescribed twice a week.
Less amount but EOD?
Endo has said me that propionate is less estrogenic and more manageable.

Blood exam after 24 hours (peak) from injection.

Typically we want the trough value, your lowest point. Because who cares what your peak is if you’re dropping below the therapeutic point?

As for the Prop, not aware of any evidence of it not aromatizing any more than any other ester. Test is test and it’s gonna get converted to e2 at a controlled rate.

HL for Prop varies, but typically 24-48 hours, so EOD at minimum, 30mg each time would average 105mg weekly.

Do you advice 30 mg EOD?
Basically I’m more stressed (mentally) with injections.
Maybe I need less amount.

You’ll get over that. Use small needles, it becomes routine.

Maybe this will help visualize the rollercoaster of Prop.

6 weeks 50mg e3.5d
6 weeks 30mg EOD
6 weeks 15mg QD

1 Like

Very interesting chart.
Thank you!

I see we have another graduate of Hollywood Upstairs Medical College.

Prop is to be taken ed. Eod is suboptimal but will still work. And no, it’s not less estrogenic. It’s testosterone. It’s the same goddamn thing as any other testosterone, ester notwithstanding.

2 Likes

I did a laugh out loud at the Hollywood upstairs medical college. On a serious note test propionate is good in terms of getting in the system quickly but as you can see most people would agree that it’s more tedious to stabilize. Any time I used it by day 3 I was crashing so it was definitely every other day which gets a bit old.