Post Finasteride 5/6 Months - Recovery Advice (Generic Blood Panel)

Good Afternoon,
I have been off of Propecia due to sexual side effects for roughly 5/6 months, and although I have gained some energy back, my low libido is still present. Some days are better than others.
So, I decided to get bloodwork done from my primary care doctor and the results of out of range tests are as follows:

AST: 42 (10-40)
ALT: 83 (10-60)
Vitamin D: 26 (30-100)
Testosterone: 370 (260-816)

I do not have any other tests results for LH or FSM or E2, etc. My Thyroid was 2.0 (.45 - 5.33) So near mid range.

I believe I am a good candidate for a possible HTPA restart, but wanted some input on the above values.

Any help would be appreciated. I can beat this shit, but I want to know where to start.
And before anyone asks why I haven’t tested the LH or FSM E2, it’s because my doctor is retarded. If I need to, I will have it done. Just wanted advice up to this point.

Thanks

I would START with 10k iu of vitamin D oil caps a day.

Your age will determine your chances at a restart, odds go way down after the age of 30. Even then most don’t have a successful restart, usually what broke can’t be fixed when it comes to the pituitary gland.

Where your located will matter a lot, look up Dr Crisler he is attempting to find a cure for Post Finasteride Syndrome and has helped a lot of guys.

Thyroid lab ranges are bogus and you would be better near TSH=1.0
Mid-range TSH is a problem!

TSH=2.0 can be a real problem. Often a direct result of not using iodized salt. You might have these signs:

• feeling cold easily
  • general hair thinning
  • sparse outer eyebrows
  • dry skin

You can evaluate your overall thyroid function via oral body temperatures - see below.

AST/ALT could be from training and sore muscles, otherwise perhaps a problem.

Vit-D25 should be much higher, find 5,000iu Vit-D3 tiny oil based gel caps. Take 25,000iu first five days, 5,000iu thereafter.

LH/FSH probably low.

Post Finasteride seems to be permanent. We have had guys try, but I do not recall this getting fixed.

So you have two problems. TRT fixes one, but thyroid is a big issue and you will not feel right until both problems are addressed. Thyroid might come back with iodine and selenium if that was the problem.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.