Post-Diet Rebound

Does anyone know much about the post-diet rebound effect commonly used by builders? my understanding is that right after dieting your body is starving for calories, so for a week after you go crazy and eat a shit load, then ease up. Ive also heard that some people will diet for 4 weeks, then for a week go crazy while still eatting clean.

by this i mean reintroducing a gallon of milk a day and that kind of thing. the you diet back down for another 4 weeks. the theory being that you will put on a good amount of muscle in this one week, and then lean out for the following 4. anyone ever tried this or heard anything about it? Thanks in advance.

[quote]Deathroe wrote:
Does anyone know much about the post-diet rebound effect commonly used by builders? my understanding is that right after dieting your body is starving for calories, so for a week after you go crazy and eat a shit load, then ease up. Ive also heard that some people will diet for 4 weeks, then for a week go crazy while still eatting clean.

by this i mean reintroducing a gallon of milk a day and that kind of thing. the you diet back down for another 4 weeks. the theory being that you will put on a good amount of muscle in this one week, and then lean out for the following 4. anyone ever tried this or heard anything about it? Thanks in advance.[/quote]

Berardi talks about this a bit here: http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1226387

He’s not talking about “getting unshredded”, or the gradual increase in carbs; he’s talking about going right to eating 4,000 kcals a day right after contest dieting. I’ve heard a little about this “supercompensation” effect, but also don’t know many specifics of it. Stan mentioned it a little in his thread, too. I’m also curious about it, as most articles speak of gradually reintrducing carbs ratrher than going straight to pigging out.