Post deleted 15char

perrsonal info removed

We need to know your age to eval your photos. The absence of body hair does suggest low virilization and lower T levels. You have decent muscle definition and vascularity. Body hair and vascularity have a definite age component. Your body fat trimmed out very nicely, suggesting that thyroid function may be good.

Just what does “cut” entail?

Labs: Where are you located? Getting labs can be difficult if you are young and healthy. And many doctors who are willing will cut this list.

TT
FT
E2
LH/FSH
prolactin
CBC
TSH
fT3, fT4 - Please not T3, T4
DHEA-S, not DHEA

Some young men with low-T and low thyroid function damage adrenals by training with adrenalin to overcome a loss of energy. Starvation diets and extreme low fat diets can create similar results. The pursuit of body image does have some perils.

The first two stickies below apply to you now.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

1 Like

perrsonal info removed

During puberty, before T really comes on, DHEA increases and is thought to be what starts body hair growth. You could ask to have DHEA-S tested. At your age, this should be near lifetime high level. Do not test DHEA, test DHEA-S.

Your need for brain meds may be a complication of your hormone issues.

1 Like

Those temps are rather low. It is good for confidence if you can get someone else to hit 37C/98.6F

With low T and low thyroid function, there is concern that your are overcoming low energy with adrenalin and then over-training effects can occur when training may seem modest. Something to be aware of as a possible piece of the puzzle. Not uncommon in this situation.

You can add fT3, fT4 to your labs. Please not T3, T4

Have you not been using iodized salt? History please.

With low thyroid function you might:
feel cold easier
have sparse outer eyebrows
have generalized hair thinning

personal info removed

Do others in your home avoid salt?
Have you have had low iodine forever?

1 Like

Firstly there is nothing more important than your health, mental health is certainly a key part in that. With that said be careful with olanzaoine (zyprexa) as it can interfere with the bodies ability to regulate temperature (you may have a higher temperature). In addition as with all anti-psychotics, you can expect wieght gain and increased serum prolactin levels. Of note, olanzapine is a newer drug that has demonstrated clinically significant improvements with regard to increased serum prolactin (meaning a much smaller increase). However that is in adult patients whom are 24 and older and in juveniles also studied showed increased prolactin levels that exceeded lab ranges in >70% of patients. There is no study I could locate that was large scale that focused on your age but I thought you should be aware of the data that is out there.

Here is a study with regard to serum prolactin in adults

1 Like

Sorry to hear that you have those struggles. Perhaps getting sex hormones right will provide some stability or a foundation. Thyroid is also important for mood.

Selenium is very important in the diet and a lack of selenium sets up thyroid inflammation that can lead to a thyroid autoimmune disease. Look for a high potency B-complex multi-vit that has trace elements including 150mcg iodine and 150-200mcg selenium.

Trace elements are very important as many?most enzymes have metal or metal-like atoms as part of the the catalytic reaction sites.

Many are magnesium deficient. If you get leg/food cramps or can contract a muscle and have it lock up, you are deficient. This site’s Biotest store sells ZMA product, try 2-3 capsules in the evening or before bed. Magnesium can be calming for the nervous system in general, all the more VS a deficiency.

1 Like

With low thyroid function you might:
feel cold easier
have sparse outer eyebrows
have generalized hair thinning

Asking twice…

Profound fatigue-
Add:
AM cortisol and do at 8AM or 1 hour after waking up.
rT3