T Nation

Post Cycle Workouts.

I just wanted to get an idea of some of you on your PCWO’s.

I just came off of a pretty tame 8 week fat burning cycle.

week 1-6 - 75mg/day Winstrol orals
week 7-8 - 80mg/ Anavar
Nolva 9-11 - 40mg, 30mg, 20mg

Went from 218 (25%+ bf) to 193 (10-11% bf). I lost very little muscle on my legs but added a little to my shoulders and chest.

My workouts were as follows:
Mon-Sun - Walk @ 4mph for 1 hour
Mon - Chest
Tues - Back
Wed - Shoulders
Fri - Arms
Sat - Legs

Now that I’m in PCT I’ve cut it down to the following

M, W, F - Walk @ 4mph for 40 min
Mon - Chest, Triceps
Tues - Back, Biceps
Thurs - Shoulders
Friday - Legs

Trying to keep at the 10-11% bf mark from here on out.

Does that sound about right to you guys?

What do you guys tend to do post cycle?

My thoughts:
~I would switch Thurs and Friday around to give more time for your shoulders
~I like to go to an HIT type workout as far as hitting it very hard with few sets during this period. Just like Dorian Yates would train. Just what works for me and some I know to back off the volume during that time, and increase it while on.
~Your avatar is offensive.

just a quick question was your bodyfat 25 percent and you dropped down to 10 or 11 , fuck thats fantastic what was your eating like ???

Now, a word to the would be wise, I may or may not be talking out of my ass here (unintentionally), but I really think it depends on two things:

1. what your PCT looks like and how fast you usually bounce back

2. how draining your training is at the end of your AAS cycle before PCT.

Firstly, your response to PCT will pretty well determine your ability to handle training stress–if you’re feeling good instead of drained and fatigued, or vice versa, how much energy you have, what your normal training looks like, all that.

Secondly, do you enter the post-cycle time drained or fresh? I mean, are you overreaching when you’re coming off cycle, or did you recover 100% (CNS/ training debt wise) by the time you start PCT?

If you feel good, and/or used the last week of your cycle as a “down week” to use the extra test in your system to overcome the overreaching phase, then it makes sense IMHO to go back to normal training, whatever that is for your goals. If you’re a high volume geek, you might tool it down just slightly while you bounce back.

If you don’t feel good, are fatigued, drained, and/or had a very strenous last week “on”, then be careful and cut it down some more.

If I said something out of wack, somebody say something to me. Nice results man.

Holy crap those results are incredible!

[quote]TheBeat2 wrote:
My thoughts:
~I would switch Thurs and Friday around to give more time for your shoulders
~I like to go to an HIT type workout as far as hitting it very hard with few sets during this period. Just like Dorian Yates would train. Just what works for me and some I know to back off the volume during that time, and increase it while on.
~Your avatar is offensive.[/quote]

I’ll second this. The thought is high weight, low volume, as you don’t want to overstimulate your muscles during your recovery. You can do more harm than good until your body has reached homeostasis.

I agree. Keeping the weight high is important because strength improvement seems better retained when this is done for at least the first couple of weeks.

Also agreed on low volume. It’s not as if you are going to grow anyway. You want enough stimulation to maintain as much as possible, but keeping draining of the body’s energies fairly moderate.

And just in general: hypertrophy style training makes no sense at this time as you are not going to grow anyway.

Besides making sure to keep strength up or as close as possible to where it was on big and important lifts, it can also be a time to do a modest amount of work on those odd little, non-recovery-draining assistance exercises that you didn’t do during the cycle. For example, if you didn’t do rotator cuff work during the cycle and you are weak in that, you actually may make gains in that regard doing a modest amount of rotator cuff work in the first couple of off weeks. Or any other smaller, often-not-directly-trained movement that you are weak at.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
I agree. Keeping the weight high is important because strength improvement seems better retained when this is done for at least the first couple of weeks.

Also agreed on low volume. It’s not as if you are going to grow anyway. You want enough stimulation to maintain as much as possible, but keeping draining of the body’s energies fairly moderate.

And just in general: hypertrophy style training makes no sense at this time as you are not going to grow anyway.

Besides making sure to keep strength up or as close as possible to where it was on big and important lifts, it can also be a time to do a modest amount of work on those odd little, non-recovery-draining assistance exercises that you didn’t do during the cycle. For example, if you didn’t do rotator cuff work during the cycle and you are weak in that, you actually may make gains in that regard doing a modest amount of rotator cuff work in the first couple of off weeks. Or any other smaller, often-not-directly-trained movement that you are weak at.[/quote]

Bill, as always some great advice!

I tend to work my rotator cuff pre-shoulder workout. I’ve blown both of them out 9 years ago and still not what they used to be.

Now I’ve also changed up my workout as I do every other month.

Something I’ve notice from the oral only cycle is I never really “shut down” 100% (at least I don’t feel like I did). I haven’t had any post cycle lack of motivation and my lifts are still going up. Something I left out of my first post is 1 week into the cycle I fractured my right hand in 2 spots and sprained my wrist and thumb. For the next 2 weeks I was doing double cardio sessions per day. Week 4 of the cycle I started lifting again @ night but very light weight and for reps. Each week my hand healed enough where I could hold more weight and post cycle I’m lifting heavier than my last week of the cycle.

All and all I would have to say this is by far the one of the best cycles I’ve ever done. I lost almost 25 total pounds, added some muscle to my upper body and this post cycle is the easiest I’ve ever had.

[quote]dza1978 wrote:
just a quick question was your bodyfat 25 percent and you dropped down to 10 or 11 , fuck thats fantastic what was your eating like ???[/quote]

Jeez guys…

Sorry I was kinda busy last week. Grandmother, Cancer… not cool…

I wish my blog was working I would have posted everything there.

Anyway to answer you questions yes. I was getting very fat. My last pre-diet morning weigh-in was 218 lbs. My last diet weigh-in was 193 lbs.

This is what I did along with the other stuff.

First I cut my calories down to 1800/day carbs maxing out at 80 and protein 220-280 and the rest was fat. 10 days in I bumped it up to 2200 cals a day and protein I bumped to 250-300 and carbs bmped to 90-100.

Second Cardio.

6am every morning 1 hour @ 4mph treadmill sometimes the elliptical or stair master to change it up.

6pm - 5 days a week weight training (weeks 2 & 3 I did cardio @ night too bc of a broken hand)

The Winstrol and Anavar only preserved the muscle mass and added a little during the diet.

Really it’s all diet and cardio.

You’ve got to pay the piper as they say!

thanks man, im about to jump on a cycle of sustenon and deca and a few weeks in some testaviron that should preserve my muscle, ive dialled in my diet so all should be good , thanks again and hope your grandma is ok …take care

You definitely need to keep your weights as high as possible while on PCT. I know it sucks cause you don’t have that xtra reserve to call upon when you need it or that higher than normal pain threshold. But, when your back on your cycle, you’ll be that much stronger.

For PCT, I’ve found one OTC AI that could be helpful to you. It’s Arimatest and yeah, it’s a GNC product but, like the saying goes, “don’t knock till you try it.”.

I hate the over-hyped propaganda B.S these big supplement companies expel to the general public. They compare their test booster supplements to anabolics as equally strong “alternatives” which is crap. However, they finally,FINALLY, have something out there that actually does produce results.

Please don’t believe the 10,000% increase claim just realize that it has a very strong AI known as 6 bromo which has a ton of solid evidence that it is extremely effective.

I have used it for a PCT and only lost 2 pounds during the time and maintained all my strength. Hell, some of my lifts went up actually while on this stuff.

Sure there other PCT supplements out there that have 6 bromo in it at half the price but, it is sublingual making it 2-3x more bioavailable in the body than caps or pills.

[quote]brahmabull71 wrote:
You definitely need to keep your weights as high as possible while on PCT. I know it sucks cause you don’t have that xtra reserve to call upon when you need it or that higher than normal pain threshold. But, when your back on your cycle, you’ll be that much stronger.

For PCT, I’ve found one OTC AI that could be helpful to you. It’s Arimatest and yeah, it’s a GNC product but, like the saying goes, “don’t knock till you try it.”.

I hate the over-hyped propaganda B.S these big supplement companies expel to the general public. They compare their test booster supplements to anabolics as equally strong “alternatives” which is crap. However, they finally,FINALLY, have something out there that actually does produce results.

Please don’t believe the 10,000% increase claim just realize that it has a very strong AI known as 6 bromo which has a ton of solid evidence that it is extremely effective.

I have used it for a PCT and only lost 2 pounds during the time and maintained all my strength. Hell, some of my lifts went up actually while on this stuff.

Sure there other PCT supplements out there that have 6 bromo in it at half the price but, it is sublingual making it 2-3x more bioavailable in the body than caps or pills. [/quote]

Join date over 2 years ago and that is your first post.
You are recommending an AI for PCT? An OTC AI as well. I don’t get it. Something seems strange.

[quote]brahmabull71 wrote:

Sure there other PCT supplements out there that have 6 bromo in it at half the price but, it is sublingual making it 2-3x more bioavailable in the body than caps or pills. [/quote]

interesting - so where do YOU work??!

;p