T Nation

Post Cardio Nutrition

Pre, during, and post workout I consume shakes that consist of dextrose, maltodextrin, and whey (along with vitamin C & E). Ratio about 3:1 (simple carbs to protein). My question is should I consume the same shakes on days that I only do cardio? Thanks all!

No. I have heard some people who do intense enough HIIT to warrant some sort of Post nutrition, but I don’t buy it. Just eat a regular meal afterwards.

I don’t. And I just don’t feel depleted enough to do so.

Christopher

If you’re doing cardio for fat loss then fewer shakes is better.

Have I ever mentioned that I don’t like protein/CHO drinks during a workout? Whatev. I’ll fight Philll about this till the end. lol

Also, I don’t know the quantity of antioxidants being used, but considering the typical dose and mentality of most people (myself included), it might be too high.

Here’s the Top Ten Myths about all this: http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=659666

[quote]David Barr wrote:
If you’re doing cardio for fat loss then fewer shakes is better.

Have I ever mentioned that I don’t like protein/CHO drinks during a workout? Whatev. I’ll fight Philll about this till the end. lol

Also, I don’t know the quantity of antioxidants being used, but considering the typical dose and mentality of most people (myself included), it might be too high.

Here’s the Top Ten Myths about all this: http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=659666[/quote]

Bring it on DAVVVVVEEEE!!! :slight_smile: I care not what you say HA!! :slight_smile: LOL

Science says this and that in the end find what works for you. That said Dave and much of his science mumbo Jumbo has led to many things that work for me. Just have to sort the cream from the crop

Thanks DAVE!!

As for what you should take goal dependent and what type of cardio as well. If your doing say HIIT and actually DOING IT High intensity intervals then a Surge type beverage would be optimal. If moderate/low intensity what ever you normally would would eat at that time.

Phill