T Nation

Possible to Lose Pounds in 6 Days?

I have a weigh-in on April 1st. Is it possible to lose the 6 lbs I need to lose to be considered as the proper weight. I want to do it healthy and by exercising. What are some good Cardio exercises that I can do to drop this amount of weight. I know a MMA Fighter can drop weight quick. Any suggestions?

If you have been at the same weight for awhile you should have no prob dropping six pounds.Get a sweat suit and ride a stanionary bike and sit a suana.You could also go get a colon cleansing kit as well, you could probably shed acouple pounds just there.

Thanks for the advice. It has to be a gym or outdoor exercise program because im in Iraq right now. I should have put that in the question. I need like some type of increased heart rate heavy sweat type of weight loss. Im just to new to working out to know what to do. I have lost 23 lbs over two months, but gained three back and need to lose 6 total. Any other suggestions.

You can’t really lose a pound a day of real weight. That would require a 3500 kcal deficit each day, assuming you even burn that many calories in a day.

However it IS possible to lose 6 pounds of weight mostly in the form of water. Keep carbs below 30g/day and drink tons of water for the first day or two. Be peeing every hour if you can. Then, cut water 2 days before your weigh in and your body will keep flushing water. Also, take diuretics (caffeine, dandelion root) and get a sweat suit/sauna to sweat off weight. I know you can also get special gum that makes you salivate a lot so you can spit weight away.

Water wight is why alot of people doing diets like atkins get results like -5 pounds in the first week- its mostly water weight.

[quote]rmiller20045 wrote:
Thanks for the advice. It has to be a gym or outdoor exercise program because im in Iraq right now. I should have put that in the question. I need like some type of increased heart rate heavy sweat type of weight loss. Im just to new to working out to know what to do. I have lost 23 lbs over two months, but gained three back and need to lose 6 total. Any other suggestions.
[/quote]

Why do you need to lose weight in iraq.

Army still had standards. Im mainly just trying to complete a personal standard to. I am trying to get in really good shape. If you look at the way my body looks now compared to my before pics then you would see the difference

yes, i did see your pics. which btw, fucking awesome job.

are you in the U.S. army? curious b/c it says armed forces europe on your profile

[quote]rmiller20045 wrote:
I have a weigh-in on April 1st. Is it possible to lose the 6 lbs I need to lose to be considered as the proper weight.[/quote]

You can lose weight that fast, definitely. But it’ll be short term.

None. I’d keep your training the same as you’ve been doing all along. There’s really nothing you can do (exercise-wise) that will drop the weight sooner.

Fighters (and weight class lifters) cut weight temporarily, and then put it back on as soon as possible.

Check these threads for more info:

With the “little” you have to lose, it’ll just be some nutrition tweaks the day or two before your weigh-in that help the most, in addition to some good old sweat.

Yes im in the US Army, I dont know why it says Europe. I guess because im on this side of the world. Im actually from Mobile, Al. I see your from Alabama to. Yes I have changed a lot in two months. Big difference and its very noticable in those pics. Im proud of myself. Just got to keep going and stick with the work out.

Also thanks to everyone for the help I think I might just make it. I dont know if I just had water weight or what but know Im showing three lbs lighter. I ran a bunch yesterday and got on the treadmill and did the 20 minute power walk on the high incline. Three more lbs to go to make weight and like 5 days to go.