Possible Thyroid Problem?

So i read TC’s article a few weeks ago abut iodine deficiency causing thyroid problems etc and it got me wondering.

The KSman posted a thread about thyroid issues and their link to morning body temp and and again, iodine deficiency being a possible cause.

I was curious about this, im a pretty big guy quite heavily muscled currently sitting at around 245lb @ 5’10. Also been overweight and always struggled to lose weight but if i really tried then it would happen

Anyway 3 years ago i came to live in Egypt, KSMAN sent me a link about iodine deficiency in egypt being pretty high - maybe due to the agriculture etc and the bad water.

For my size i should be able to lose weight on 3000 cals a day, if i take 3000 cals a day i pretty much gain weight.

So this got me thinking and yesterday i bought a digital thermometer and i tested my morning body temp this morning.

I tested it 3 times alternating the sides of my tongue to try to be as accurate as possible.

This is what i found:

Averaging at 96.6 - now when anything below 97.3 is hypothyroidism, have i found a possible cause for my trouble?

Should i start to supplement with iodine to see if this has any effect?

Thanks.

Yes, but I can’t really add anything that is not in the sticky. You could post more data as per the advice for new guys sticky.

Other basic considerations/issues:

insulin resistance
abdominal obesity
hypogonadism
estrogen dominance
liver health
gut flora, use a high quality probiotic, one with may ‘species’, many products are a joke

[quote]KSman wrote:
Yes, but I can’t really add anything that is not in the sticky. You could post more data as per the advice for new guys sticky.

Other basic considerations/issues:

insulin resistance
abdominal obesity
hypogonadism
estrogen dominance
liver health
gut flora, use a high quality probiotic, one with may ‘species’, many products are a joke[/quote]

Thanks, i do carry a lot of fat in abdominal area, and also my labs showed that i had elevated e2 levels as well. i assume that because of my bf% i am slightly insulin resistant also.

Ill try my best to get some kind of iodine supplement here, but i am already struggling with this.

You could post more data as per the advice for new guys sticky.