Possible Pec Strain or Am I Crazy?

Hey

I did a pull workout a couple of days ago. Did not go heavy or do high volume. Workout felt fine all the way through.

The next day I noticed a bruise exactly where my pectoral muscles connect to the bone right by my armpit. It’s wierd because there is no pain, I have full range of movement, etc.

I am slightly concerned because I tore my superspinatus muscle a couple years ago, and the bruise looks very similar to that (althought that one showed up in a different area.)

I’m 33 - no spry chicken by bodybuilding standards. I know I need to pay attention to the signs my body gives me. I don’t want to go into the gym tomorrow for my schedules push day and fully tear my pec because I ignored this little thing.

Thoughts?

Thanks guys. I’ve only posted here once before but I got a detailed and very useful answer, so I figure you guys know what you’re talking about.

Is this thing normal, nothing to worry about, or should I take it easy for a while?

Take it easy and monitor. Sounds stupid but are you sure thats not bruising from impact? Maybe from your chest/shoulder being pushed up against a chest pad on a seated row for example, as you noticed it after a pull W/O.

1 Like

OK.

Sounds good.

And yes, I’m sure it’s not an impact bruise. I racked my brain trying to think if I could have accidentally hit something recently. I did not.

I have taken two days off. Tomorrow I will do my push day as scheduled, but I’ll start lower on the weights and monitor how it goes.

I felt kind of dumb even posting that, but like I said, I tore my superspinatus muscle with the same symptoms two years ago. I ignored that and it resulted in a partial tear and my PT ordering 6 weeks of no upper body movements. Can’t be too careful!

Thanks for the advice

Being reddish, that really looks topical, like stretch marks on shoulders and traps after squatting.

How did you get on with the push W/O? Bruising any better?