Possible Legal Trouble?

I am paranoid about some possible legal ramifications coming my way from a misunderstanding. I just accepted a pizza and signed the receipt, in my own name, thinking that my roomate had ordered it and left. Unfortunately, it was my neighbors who gave the wrong address and I just spoke
with them. They tried to accuse me of signing their name on the receipt but I had to set them straight on that. Anyway, i had just woken up from a nap and was entirely too passive about it.

Can I get into trouble because of this???

Seems pretty minor to me. It’s an honest mistake and we’re talking about…what…like ten bucks?

Especially if you actually signed your own name I don’t think you have anything to worry about. Some people just like to make a big deal about things especially if they think it will somehow work out to their advantage.

[quote]lumbernac wrote:
I am paranoid about some possible legal ramifications coming my way from a misunderstanding. I just accepted a pizza and signed the receipt, in my own name, thinking that my roomate had ordered it and left. Unfortunately, it was my neighbors who gave the wrong address and I just spoke
with them. They tried to accuse me of signing their name on the receipt but I had to set them straight on that. Anyway, i had just woken up from a nap and was entirely too passive about it.

Can I get into trouble because of this???[/quote]

They could take you to small claims court and make you pay for the pizza if they really wanted. Better skip town while you still can.

do you have the reciept

You are in big trouble. I am sure your neighbours will be serving you papers to sue you for conversion…NARF.

Here’s a solution. Pay them back for the pizza. Engage your brain next time.

You are fucked! I hear that carries a mandatory 10 year sentence.

I hope you like taking it up the ass because you are going to be somebodies bitch.

Is the pizza really a pizza? Or is pizza a metaphor for something?

[quote]TrainerinDC wrote:
Is the pizza really a pizza? Or is pizza a metaphor for something? [/quote]

Philipina transvestite hooker?

dont mind the smart ass remarks, there is no way you will be in trouble, it is a simple misunderstanding. maybe if you stole their card and ordered it then you would be, but the courts are way to overloaded for stupid shit like this. id say fuck em, but maybe pay them back if they make such a big deal

Why would your roommate order a pizza and then leave knowing you were sleeping. That doesn’t pass the common sense test. You knew it wasn’t your pizza and thought you were getting free food, thief. But you got caught and now you’re peeing your pants.

I’m being sarcastic by the way. Give the guy his money back and as a token of goodwill pay for a pizza to be delivered to his apartment.

WTF? Why would they be pissed even if you did sign there name. I cant believe the amount of people saying give the guy his money back, as its a real hardship on him that you paid for his pizza and he had to walk his fat ass over to your apartment to ask for it.

Sounds like your neighbor is being an asshole. Don’t stand for that!! Order an extra large all dressed pizza for him. Then take a dump on it and leave it in the middle of his kitchen. That will teach him.

[quote]Playboy wrote:
dont mind the smart ass remarks, [/quote]

I think he very well should mind the smartass remarks. he could accidentally run a yellow light today and THEN how will he get into Harvard?! Huh?!

Start grabbing your ankles because Bubba is gonna make you his bitch!

[quote]lumbernac wrote:

Can I get into trouble because of this???[/quote]

depends on the state you are in

but probably NO, it is the delivery guy who screwed up.

and the neighbours giving the wrong address, well that is their fault

and you can take action against them with the “they set me up” defense/attack

furthermore, it could have been considered a gift to you, for reasons unknown

basically they should not have a leg to stand on

nevertheless, I would try to make it up to them somehow, because they are neighbours, and fighting with neighbours stinks, I’d make it up 110% and then you’ll have some good relations with them, rather than start a big fight over it

Putting the wrong address on a package cost me a $180 car amplifier. NOONE is paying me back for it and UPS will not honor insurance. Tell the guy its his tough luck, eat the pizza, and go back to bed. HAHA!

Gee your neighbors are dickwads for getting so bent over such a minor, small mistake.

1. Kick your neighbor in the nuts.
  2. Tell him it was meant for your other neighbor. You just delivered it to the wrong address.
  3. Bill your neighbor $30 for the kick to the nuts he received
  4. If he doesn’t pay, threaten legal action for accepting a kick to the nuts that he didn’t order. Tell him you’ll drop your case if he calls it “even” with the pizza deal.

simple solution…

You people telling me you wouldn’t be pissed if someone hijacked your pizza? As much as people on this board claim to eat, I would say there are a few irritable fuckers that would be pissed!

Was your neighbor fat? They get really upset when you take their food.

[quote]MaloVerde wrote:
You people telling me you wouldn’t be pissed if someone hijacked your pizza? As much as people on this board claim to eat, I would say there are a few irritable fuckers that would be pissed!

Was your neighbor fat? They get really upset when you take their food.[/quote]

Gee, I don’t think the issue is whether anyone would be pissed or not. He was asking whether he could get in trouble. Those are two seperate issues. Can you see the two seperate issues? One issue…two issues.