Possible Knee Injury

[quote]56x11 wrote:

[quote]BHOLL wrote:
In response to the whole GPS analogy:
FACT? Not once, a proper physical exam is more accurate than MRI, especially for partial thickness tears. However it seems as if your responding to more of the construed picture your boy 56 x 11 is painting. The orignial response to OP’s question, >>>>IS THIS URGENT? No in fact it is not and despite any shoulder pathology, REST, NSAIDS, CUFF WORK, AND ROWS can be performed safely irrelevant to differential diagnosis.
[/quote]

First of all, just because CroatianRage and I happen to believe you to be an irresponsible little man who is now furiously trying to justify his recent errors does NOT make me his boy. And it does not make him my boy.

And secondly, you just CONTRADICTED YOURSELF.

Here is your quote:

“Not once, a proper physical exam is more accurate than MRI”

Yet you made several comments in this thread why imaging for trivium (who has to be shaking his head in disbelief how this is panning out) that MY RECOMMENDATION FOR IMAGING IS INCORRECT.

Do you see what happens when someone makes erroneous statements and is neither man enough to back out or offer a mea culpa? He - this would be YOU, btw - is so busy trying to justify his manure that he eventually stumbles.

And to follow up on this post, I bet I know what you’re going to say.

You’re probably going to say that the following statement was a bit of a typo on your part:

“Not once, a proper physical exam is more accurate than MRI”

You’re probably going to rely on the position that you MEANT to say the following:

‘a proper physical exam is more accurate than MRI’

Then why do we even have imaging systems as a diagnostic tool…?

Furthermore, your premise that all physical exams are more accurate than MRIs implies that all physicians are infallible all the time. This is a laughable concept.

And if these physicians are so accurate in their diagnosis, why don’t suggest to some of these injured posters such as the fellow in this thread

to get that in person exam? Why did you imply that your advice was all that he needed to know. Which, to reiterate, was completely off when the OP of that thread GOT AN MRI.

[/quote]

Im just gonna point out how dumb some of the things your saying are:

Itis and cuff tear, I previously stated these are not mutually exclusive terms, an itis denoting acute inflammation can be and sometimes is caused by tearing or microtearing of muscle fibers

"Yet you made several comments in this thread why imaging for trivium (who has to be shaking his head in disbelief how this is panning out) that MY RECOMMENDATION FOR IMAGING IS INCORRECT.
"

Not sure what’s contradictory here, I’ve repeatedly stated imaging is not necessary and provided 2 studies to back my claim, 2 more than which you provided. Fact? Not once is in response to the GPS analogy, don’t see whats so confusing considering you literally retyped exactly what I wrote.

Why do we even have imaging as a diagnostic tool? hmmmm is it really that hard to figure out? It is for when the patient present with symptoms not consistent with physical examination and when patients are willing to undergo surgical intervention.

“Furthermore, your premise that all physical exams are more accurate than MRIs implies that all physicians are infallible all the time. This is a laughable concept.”

Nope, just Orthos the two studies I posted back that. And your view on MRI’s is highly simplistic, MRI’s (you haven’t even mentioned MRA), as they also require a high level of expertise to read and depend highly on the person reading them, therefore demolishing your entire argument of removing human error. Guess you thought you just send em on in the MRI and beep bop boo boo beep there ya go the computer says you ruptured your ACL.