Possible Ankle Injury?

OK so earlier today I had some sort of accident.

It was all fine, I even refused check up despite being in ER (I was even writting comments here on forum while I was in waiting room LOL).

Now pain appeared few hours later and doesn’t seem to go away. Front part of my ankle hurts when I walk, and it kind of goes a bit up on my leg, so far I see no swelling. It also hurts when I lift my foot up, but I can move it.
Does anyone know what this could be and how can I solve this or I’m gonna have to go to doctor?

Update: I noticed a minor swelling…

I’ll probably go to doctor, anyone had similar situation?

It’s most likely a high ankle sprain. They’re annoying, and vary widely in terms of recovery time. I had one not too long ago, got it from twisting my leg while stepping over a baby gate (macho, I know). Outside of ankle and halfway up my shin swelled up and hurt terribly for 2 days. However, high ankle sprains can cause problems for weeks or months. Depends on the severity.
RICE that shit.
Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation

Rest it, ice it, put an ace bandage or an ankle brace on it, and elevate it frequently. Add in some anti-inflammatories for good measure and that’s all you can do.

If the pain persists for longer than 2-3 days with no improvement, you should see a doctor. If it’s getting steadily better, it’s likely okay.

You don’t want to hear how I got it… I’m kinda embarrassed to write it…

It was already much better yesterday. So I didn’t go anywhere. It doesn’t hurt at all till I walk longer distances.

Actually wasn’t super interested, but you want to tell me, and now you kind of have to

1 Like

I had job interwiew that day.
And job interwiew was near where my ex lives, so after the interwiew I called her and asked if it’s OK for me to come over, she said sure.

Now, the thing is that she still shares room with her sister, despite the fact they are both 20yo now. And they sleep in bunk beds to make it worse, and she insisted for us to do it on upper bed because bottom one is her sister’s bed.

So we did, but those beds are kinda narrow, and when we were changing positions - she pushed her leg against the wall hard enouogh to knock over whole bed.

We both fell, she said her arm is broken, I was there and checking it out (it really was) and then sister came in (I had no idea she came home in meanwhile) and I told her that we gotta take her to hospital, and then she asked me why don’t we use condoms? And then I realized that we are both still naked and that to make it worse - I still have a boner.

So we went to ER… and I refused checkup because I was fine.