T Nation

Possible Allergy to UGL Test E

I bit my lip eating lunch yesterday. It got a little swollen and stayed that way until after dinner, when I ate some peanut butter, Then my lip started to swell at the site of the bite. When I woke up this morning, my entire bottom lip and half of my upper lip were so swollen that I couldn’t close my mouth. There was also swelling leading from the site of the bite all the way down to the jawline. It doesn’t hurt unless I poke it.

I went to the UTC, where they gave me a corticosteroid injection, and an rx for prednisone and antibiotics (just in case). An hour and a half later, the swelling has definitely diminished.

Here’s my question - I have been shooting home-brew test E for three weeks. Injecting myself makes me anxious, my injection sites knot up badly, and I have been getting the “test flu” the day after my shots. I also pinned 250iu hcg for the first time on wednesday night (roughly 18 hours before the bite, 24 hours before the real swelling began).

Is it possible that my body is not tolerating something in the gear, and that’s making my immune system overreact to something that I might otherwise be mildly intolerant of (peanuts)? If so, what should I do? I can get test from a different batch, but I don’t have another source, so if I have to stop the stealth gear, I have to stop the cycle.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Im definitely curious…what are you using for your oil?

Cottonseed. I’m not the brewer, it’s a guy I train with. He says cottonseed is the most hypoallergenic.

[quote]hockeysledder wrote:
Cottonseed. I’m not the brewer, it’s a guy I train with. He says cottonseed is the most hypoallergenic.[/quote]

Probably true if you aren’t allergic to cottonseed

What would an allergic reaction to the carrier oil look like? I’ve been getting knotting starting about 24 hours after each shot, but I figured it was irritation from the BA or the fact that I’m being pinned by a clumsy amateur (me).

My last shot (about 24 hours before the swelling started) there was much less knotting, it just seems odd to me that if it is an allergic reaction, that it would take so long to set in.

I have been eating half a jar of pb a day for about 2-3 weeks, so it’s possible I’ve always been a little intolerant, and getting some into a cut just pushed me over the edge…

I’m probably overthinking this.

There’s some talk about Test e powder produced in china having residual acids left behind. Because shortcuts are taken. The acid may cause an immune response in some people. So you may be allergic to low quality chinese test e.

Id be interested to see if you get the same reaction with cyp made by the same guy.

Can I switch from enanthate to cyp without any issues? I know I’d have to pin more regularly, but if it means no more knots…

Cyp and enanthate should both be injected twice a week.

You can switch, not ideal, but it’s not a problem. And it’s better than dealing with painful reactions.

[quote]hockeysledder wrote:
I bit my lip eating lunch yesterday. It got a little swollen and stayed that way until after dinner, when I ate some peanut butter, Then my lip started to swell at the site of the bite. When I woke up this morning, my entire bottom lip and half of my upper lip were so swollen that I couldn’t close my mouth. There was also swelling leading from the site of the bite all the way down to the jawline. It doesn’t hurt unless I poke it.

I went to the UTC, where they gave me a corticosteroid injection, and an rx for prednisone and antibiotics (just in case). An hour and a half later, the swelling has definitely diminished.

Here’s my question - I have been shooting home-brew test E for three weeks. Injecting myself makes me anxious, my injection sites knot up badly, and I have been getting the “test flu” the day after my shots. I also pinned 250iu hcg for the first time on wednesday night (roughly 18 hours before the bite, 24 hours before the real swelling began).

Is it possible that my body is not tolerating something in the gear, and that’s making my immune system overreact to something that I might otherwise be mildly intolerant of (peanuts)? If so, what should I do? I can get test from a different batch, but I don’t have another source, so if I have to stop the stealth gear, I have to stop the cycle.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?[/quote]

Hey dude I had that happen, I posted about it maybe a year ago I wanna say. I get an allergic reaction to test E, and was told that it probably was the oil. It’s pretty bizare it doesn’t happen every time. Sometimes I get a very bad coughing fit right after shooting, and no I didn’t inject into a vein I aspirate every time. This happens probably every 3rd shot or so, but I have broken out in hives once the day after the shot and had an anaphylactic shock, lips swole up tongue swole up and throat started to close. I’m positive it was the juice because nothing was changed in my daily routine. Anyway I keep a couple epi pins around the house. I’m not sure what oil was used in this gear, its “BP” gear, which is still UGL I think.

Hm… I have never had a coughing fit or anything like that. I get a weird uncomfortable almost feeling in the muscle sometimes, which I attribute to the thick oil redistributing itself after I shoot.

Like I said, it takes me about 24 hours to knot up, twice the knots have been a little bit itchy as they start to subside, but that’s 3-4 days after the shot, and it’s so dry here in the winter than any skin irritation is gonna get itchy.

I’m gonna hold my breath and hope I don’t get any hives or anaphylaxis, that would really be a bad day. Gonna see if my guy can swap me bottles for something with a different oil or maybe some cyp.

Thanks a lot, everyone, this forum is really an invaluable resource for smart PED use. Much better than bro-science.

[quote]hockeysledder wrote:
Hm… I have never had a coughing fit or anything like that. I get a weird uncomfortable almost feeling in the muscle sometimes, which I attribute to the thick oil redistributing itself after I shoot.

Like I said, it takes me about 24 hours to knot up, twice the knots have been a little bit itchy as they start to subside, but that’s 3-4 days after the shot, and it’s so dry here in the winter than any skin irritation is gonna get itchy.

I’m gonna hold my breath and hope I don’t get any hives or anaphylaxis, that would really be a bad day. Gonna see if my guy can swap me bottles for something with a different oil or maybe some cyp.

Thanks a lot, everyone, this forum is really an invaluable resource for smart PED use. Much better than bro-science.[/quote]

yeah I used to get the knot too, it was different gear , “stealth”…and supertest 450. Awful stuff…had to cut it with sterile oil. I think in that case it was the BA that was too high. Good luck man. Maybe having some Benadryl around wouldnt be a bad idea.

I went ahead and pinned again to finish up the vial, this time into my delt (0.5cc) and my quad (0.5cc) with 0.5" 29g insulin pins. So much easier than trying to jab myself in the mirror with a longer needle.

I ended up limping around all day because of the knotting in my quad, though the knotting in my delt isn’t bad at all (probably because it’s not a postural muscle). But it was nice to give my glutes a break.

Nothing bad happened. It’s possible that I just gave myself a peanut butter allergy by eating way too much of it for too long. I did come down with a bug, but that’s probably a consequence of getting a massive injection of corticosteroids plus a prednisone taper plus doubling my PR squat the day after the reaction when my immune system was still suppressed.

EDIT: Gonna go shopping tomorrow and swap my unopened vials. Maybe some cyp, maybe something with a different oil, we’ll see. Maybe if I’m really lucky he’ll have some legit pharma-grade stuff lying around, but I’m not holding my breath.

Unfortunately, I have had three more instances of so called “idiopathic angioedemas”. I don’t see what else it could be besides something in the gear. This has never happened to be before, and now it’s happened 4 times at 4 different sites in 2.5 weeks in the middle of my cycle. Unless I can find some pharma grade stuff in the next week, I’m gonna have to stop the cycle.

I’ve been on about 5 weeks, so I’m assuming that my HPTA is suppressed and I will need to do a full SERM PCT?

Well, I did something potentially very stupid that seems to have worked out pretty well.

First, I was wrong about my gear being brewed with cottonseed oil, everything I can get is brewed with grapeseed oil. Since I cook with grapeseed and have never had any issues, I don’t think it’s the oil. I know that’s not terribly scientific, but I didn’t need a ton of justification to get back on my cycle.

I wasn’t able to find pharma grade gear, and I wasn’t able to get any cyp from my guy, but I was able to get enough prop to finish my cycle at 500mg/wk, which, as I understand it, is actually almost exactly the same amount of testosterone as 600mg of enanthate once the weight of the ester is accounted for. Since 8 days passed between my last shot of 450mg of enanthate and my first shot of prop, I have been on a little bit of a roller-coaster for the past 3 days, but I think things are starting to even out.

The best part is that my injection sites are now totally pain-free. No knotting, no soreness, no nothing. I have an epi-pen on hand in case I develop an angioedema in my throat or have a serious reaction, but I think I’m in the clear (knock on wood).

So, it appears that I am, in fact, allergic to something in cheap enanthate powder. I don’t suspect contamination of the TE, since I had the issues with 2 separate batches and I know of at least 5 others who ran one or more cycles with the TE and had no issues.

Would be interested to hear anyone’s thoughts, I’m just glad that I found a way to stop the random swelling and get back on my cycle.