Possesion of Prohormones Illegal

I was just flipping through one of my dad’s GNC magazines (I know, I know). Anyway, it says that the possession of prohormones are illegal- I thought it was just the sale of them. “In fact, prohormone possession will now be treated as a federal crime punishable by up to a year in jail, even if you bought the product prior to the change in the law. Distributing prohormones will be considered a felony punishable by up to five years in prison, even for a first offense.”

This is a bunch of horsesh*t, just wanted to make sure everyone knew the details. Better hide my Legacy real well.

To clarify, I was aware that it was illegal to use any that had been bought after the ban, but I did not know that the could not be had at all.

This is interesting.

I did a google search and it appears that a lot of people are interpreting the bill as outright possession becomes a punishable offense. This is different that what I read here in the past. Does anyone have a definative answer on this or anyone with a legal background want to take a shot at interpreting the bill?

What are prohormones? Androgens, hormonal pre-cursors (a few examples would help me out)? Where do things such as tribulis terrestris and eurycoma fall?

In any event, yeah, that ban is bull.

[quote]veruvius wrote:
What are prohormones? Androgens, hormonal pre-cursors (a few examples would help me out)? Where do things such as tribulis terrestris and eurycoma fall?

In any event, yeah, that ban is bull.[/quote]

Tribulus (TRIBEX) is not a prohormone. Niether is Vitex, Eurycoma, Alpha Male, RED KAT, M, etc.

MAG-10 and 4-AD-EC are prohormones and are no longer being produced.

I just think that it is absurd…our government is infringing on more and more rights. I have never used prohormones, but cannot say that I would never 10 years down the line. Who knows? But, it is absurd that these rights should be taken away.

Vioxx is estimated to have caused heart attacks or strokes in over 100,000 people.

How many documented adverse health reactions have prohormones caused?

Just more substances that the pharmaceutical industry will be able to proft from eventually, just like ephedrine.

Sickening…

The ban is an amendment to the steroid act simply adding the compounds of precursors as additional banned anabolic steroids. Possession or sale of precursors after apx. January 20th is just like possession or sale of any other anabolic without a prescription (may as well be crack)- no matter when purchased. That said, I doubt that anyone will knock on your door at night with a warrant to search your freezer for MAG-10. However, I wouldn’t haul the bottles in my gym bag up to the small-town family YMCA either.

Agreed…agreed…AGREED!
My question is when did we as Americans decide to absolve ourselves of personal responsibility?
If i want to load up of hair lossing, zit causing, muscle building prohormones, why can’t I? That’s right, because the government knows if I fuck myself up i will run crying to my lawyer saying “Biotest Did it!”
I blame this ban on a snowball effect:
I’m fat…McDonalds’s did it.
My surgery didn’t go as planned…it’s my doctor’s fault.
When did we stop taking responsibility for our actions?
Now, becasue parents pawn their children off at after school sports and programs, they can take an even less active role in raising their children. So who would parents blame when lil’ Johnny prematurely seals his growth plates and fucks his nuts up?..
The government is so sick of picking up the pieces of people who can’t take responsibility for their own actions (or lack-there-of), and they are covering their asses so a new generation of undereducated and undedicated parents can’t run crying to them when something goes wrong.
When will it end?
I don’t think Andro is the last straw. This is a frightening trend in Our great Nation, and as long as people can sue cause they didn’t realize the coffee was soooo hot, we will contunue to see our FREEDOMS taken away.

I agree with you and the rest of this thread…that’s why I started voting libertarian this year. Fuck the Democrats and the Republicans.

[quote]ChemicalD wrote:
Agreed…agreed…AGREED!
My question is when did we as Americans decide to absolve ourselves of personal responsibility?
If i want to load up of hiar lossing, zit causing, muscle building prohormones, why can’t I? That’s right, because the government knows if I fuck myself up i will run crying to a lawyer saying “Biotest Did it!”
I blame this ban on a snowball effect:
I’m fat…McDonalds’s did it.
My surgery didn’t go as planned…My doctor did it.
When did we stop taking responsibility?
Now, becasue parents pawn there children off at after school sports and programs, they can take an even less active role in raising there children. So who would parents blame when lil’ Johnny prematurely seals his growth plates and fucks his nuts up?..
The government is so sick of picking up the pieces of people who can’t take responsibility for there own actions (or misactions), and they are covering their asses so a new generation of undereducated and undedicated parents can’t run crying to them when something goes wrong.
When will it end?
I don’t think Andro is the last straw. This is a frightening trend in Our great Nation, and as long as people can sue casue they din’t realize the coffee was soooo hot, we will contunue to see our FREEDOMS taken away.[/quote]

And one more rant…
What the fuck is with banning prohormones but keeping (gulp) ALCOHOL flowing? How many kids die from some sort of alcohol related whatever?
Do i even have to explain!!!
Strongman: yeah fuck the two-party system, it disgraces the foundation of this great nation.
Our old dinosaur leaders are so out of touch with the common man, even a genius like me can’t comprehend it!
The sad part is, the common man is so oftern out of touch with what actually goes on that he would shit bricks if he understood how out of touch the legislators are with him. (yeah.)

Yes, they are illegal to possess so send all of yours to me now.

The addition of the prohormones to the steroid ban is just a repeat of the initial steroid ban. The politicians look busy, and the people don’t know shit so they think its good.

I had this very argument with an uncle of mine over the holidays. He tried to tell me prohormes cause leukemia. I laughed my ass off.

The fact is, guys and gals, we are a minority. We want to improve our bodies and our health through hard work (with a little help from a few products) while everyone else is content to get fat while “trying” the latest idiot diet. So when politicians say something is evil, most of the time the majority doesn’t fight back because they aren’t informed/ don’t care about us.

It is too bad we aren’t all a racial minority who needs prohormones to practice our religious beliefs. Being a citizen of a country who enjoys doing something that hurts nobody else just doesn’t cut it anymore apparently.

Yeah. I don’t know why alcohol or cigarettes aren’t banned yet. I’ve taken prohormones over the years and my nuts never shrunk and I never had acne covering my body. If you overdose on something, bad things can happen. Aspirin can kill. Ibuprofen can kill. Lots of things can kill. Why point to prohormones? Banning prohormones is just going to push the users into using steroids. The government really f0cked themselves on this one. Banning something for no good reason. I have yet to see a case of someone getting killed from taking prohormones.

why isn’t tobacco or alcohol illegal? here’s why MONEY! it’s all about the benjamins. Alcohol and tobacco makers are HUGE for the economy, and the money that gets donated to medical research from both industries is unreal.

Besides, it looks good for a congressman/woman to vote for a ban on steroids/prohormones/anything associated to getting muscular. After all the bad press with roid rage, shrinking nutts, b/acne, ANYTHING! it looks good for them to do it, the sheeple think that said congressman is doing them and their posterity a big favor.

We on the other hand know that this is absolute bullshit, just wait for the uproar that will be caused when something as effective and safe as creatine gets banned, or even worse, protein!

Rumor has it that the FDA is also working on making ALL herbal supps/vitamins require a prescription for purchase. Yes, your doctor would have to prescribe you vitamins! It gets better too, the only companies allowed to make said supplements would be the pharmaceutical companies. Gee… I wonder who could be PUSHING this on the politicians?

Anyways, I need to get in line for my fish oil prescription and for a multi-vitamin.

[quote]randman wrote:
Yes, they are illegal to possess so send all of yours to me now.[/quote]

you crack me up, man.