Positive Bulllying Story

We hear enough about the bad news. Here’s a really uplifting one from ESPN.

thumbs up!

Thank you for sharing this. This was heartwarming.

Awesome

YAY!!!

Thanks Puff! Made my day!

great story.

I really have no problem with kids given each other a hard time, it’s part of growing up.

However you have to be the lowest form of life to harass and abuse the mentally handicapped.

Looks like some young bosses handlin’ business off the field too.

Awesome, thank you Ms. Puff.

Thank you! I thought it was such a great story. I’ve come back to it several times since I read it a couple of months ago, so I thought I’d share.

A good one to read to your kids this evening around the dinner table.

That was great.

Faith in humanity. Restored.

I was hoping there would be more beating up of bullies by linebackers.

Still a heartwarming story I guess.

Real inspiring stuff. Young people with mental disabilities need a lot more support than others, so bullying gets taken even harder.

Side note/semi related: Oregon safety with autism pulls in touching interception

Here is a story of my friend’s little brother. When we played football(2006-2007), he was our water boy. We made him feel like part of the team; gave him a jersey and everything. He would show up to practices just to help out. BTW, he did a junior special olympics and was throwing up 40+ ppg in basketball.

It’s good to see that the world can be a good place sometimes.

Now I know this is a nice story but really, they couldn’t stop the harassment through the traditional means so went for the thing that exemplifies how rediculous our society is.

Good looks
Good grades
On the Football team as Quarterback

How cliche is this?

In the UK there are stories where mentally handicapped or old people are abused by youths, the police and society at large do nothing.

If you use force against these little runts you go to jail on pedophile charges, you lose your livelihood and the like.

Unfortunately these very people I talk about end up killing themselves.

There are serious issues with western culture when you cannot do anything about bullying. I was bullied in high school but I was lucky enough to have a group of teachers and parents who could tackle it.

I got into fights with the bullies as well but they were sorted out by the school authorities why is it so bad these days?

[quote]harrypotter wrote:
Now I know this is a nice story but really, they couldn’t stop the harassment through the traditional means so went for the thing that exemplifies how rediculous our society is.

Good looks
Good grades
On the Football team as Quarterback

How cliche is this?

In the UK there are stories where mentally handicapped or old people are abused by youths, the police and society at large do nothing.

If you use force against these little runts you go to jail on pedophile charges, you lose your livelihood and the like.

Unfortunately these very people I talk about end up killing themselves.

There are serious issues with western culture when you cannot do anything about bullying. I was bullied in high school but I was lucky enough to have a group of teachers and parents who could tackle it.

I got into fights with the bullies as well but they were sorted out by the school authorities why is it so bad these days?[/quote]

That’s the curious part. A majority of the “problem” is how much media attention it gets. Everyone has been bullied in their life. Everyone has bullied someone else in their life. Why is it so “out of hand” nowadays? Not much has changed besides the rise of social media, which is just another tool for a bully, but no significant power is gained this way vs. in person.

If you use force against these little runts you go to jail on pedophile charges[/quote]

You know, Potter, when you spank a kid, you’re not supposed to pull down your own pants…

[quote]Elegua360 wrote:

If you use force against these little runts you go to jail on pedophile charges[/quote]

You know, Potter, when you spank a kid, you’re not supposed to pull down your own pants…[/quote]

serious lols

Glad I read that story. Usually the crap news I peruse each morning doesn’t exactly brighten my day. Nice to know that there are still some damn good kids out there. Actually teared up a bit. Thanks for sharing.

S

Very nice thanks for sharing!

Good story… nice to hear some kids don’t let the temporary world of HS go to their heads, and are trying to make a positive impact. To me the best part is no one blowing their own horn on this. The fact that it was just done because it was the right thing is the beauty here. Nice to see that the QB’s brother plans to carry this on too.