Posing Music?

Hey all, I’ve never competed before but I’m considering entering a figure competition this November. My question is, is there a sort of music that any of you have found to be better than another for competition? I’ve heard you’re pretty much judged on EVERYTHING, and assuming that includes your music selection, has anyone found that most judges have a preference for one genre over another? I know it can’t have a lot of cussing or anything like that. Even beyond just the judging aspect, I’m curious as to what everyone’s experience has been or what your process is for selecting music to pose to.

[quote]Beebopalooa wrote:
Hey all, I’ve never competed before but I’m considering entering a figure competition this November. My question is, is there a sort of music that any of you have found to be better than another for competition? I’ve heard you’re pretty much judged on EVERYTHING, and assuming that includes your music selection, has anyone found that most judges have a preference for one genre over another? I know it can’t have a lot of cussing or anything like that. Even beyond just the judging aspect, I’m curious as to what everyone’s experience has been or what your process is for selecting music to pose to.[/quote]

Normally for figure you just do your presentation to whatever song they have going at the time.

In the NPC, bodybuilding, physique, and fitness competitors get something like 60-90 seconds for their individual routines with their own music. A lot of the time, the figure and bikini girls only get a few seconds before the next one is sent on stage behind them.

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:

[quote]Beebopalooa wrote:
Hey all, I’ve never competed before but I’m considering entering a figure competition this November. My question is, is there a sort of music that any of you have found to be better than another for competition? I’ve heard you’re pretty much judged on EVERYTHING, and assuming that includes your music selection, has anyone found that most judges have a preference for one genre over another? I know it can’t have a lot of cussing or anything like that. Even beyond just the judging aspect, I’m curious as to what everyone’s experience has been or what your process is for selecting music to pose to.[/quote]

Normally for figure you just do your presentation to whatever song they have going at the time.

In the NPC, bodybuilding, physique, and fitness competitors get something like 60-90 seconds for their individual routines with their own music. A lot of the time, the figure and bikini girls only get a few seconds before the next one is sent on stage behind them.[/quote]

What the heck lol, that’s what I thought originally but I’ve been trying to look up videos of past competitors and it seems like half of the figure videos I see have them doing a routine to music and half the time they go up and pose, then walk away. The internet is just trying to confuse me I think. But cool, thank you!