Portable Squat Stand Recommendations?

Do any of you use portable squat stands? If so, any recommendations. I want some that I can just throw in my car and pull out to use, without any assembly.

Recently I have been having a very full schedule, and I am thinking that I could workout in the parking lot at work at lunch time.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I have the Vulcan racks from Ironmind:

Expensive but excellent.

Keep an eye on ebay and craigslist.

I got this one for Christmas and so far I really like it. It will come apart so you have two separate pieces. I also like the fact that it has dip handles. I don’t know if this is portable enough for you. I never tried to stick it in a trunk but if you have a truck of SUV then you should have no problem with portability.

This is the only set of stands rated to hold over 600 lbs. at this price range that I found. I’ve seen stands for $200 and under that weren’t rated to hold anything above 250 lbs. In order to get some decent capacity, you had to bump up the price to over $300. If you can afford the Vulcan stands, by all means buy those. But I would recommend these stands if you have a budget.

http://www.theg2scart.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=G2SSQTDIP

A good alternative to the Ironmind racks are the racks from BW Products. http://www.bwproducts.com/fitness/equipment/racks/r04.htm

They are virtually identical to the old ironminds at a much cheaper price. I have been very happy with them and they will hold whatever weight you need. They do not have plastic on the saddles to protect the knurling on your bar but just take the uprights to a Line-X dealer (similar to rhino lining) and have it sprayed. It Costs $25 and it works very well.

[quote]thedeck wrote:
A good alternative to the Ironmind racks are the racks from BW Products. http://www.bwproducts.com/fitness/equipment/racks/r04.htm

They are virtually identical to the old ironminds at a much cheaper price. I have been very happy with them and they will hold whatever weight you need. They do not have plastic on the saddles to protect the knurling on your bar but just take the uprights to a Line-X dealer (similar to rhino lining) and have it sprayed. It Costs $25 and it works very well.
[/quote]

Thanks! In fact, I finally decided on the BW product. It’s less expensive than the Iron mind, more expensive than Garage Store. I just decided this past Friday and so am awaiting its arrival. I also ordered the dip bars to go with it.

Just wanted to say I really like your parking lot idea. Now I can never use a busy schedule as a reason not to train.

[quote]Ryan71 wrote:
I have the Vulcan racks from Ironmind:

Expensive but excellent.

Keep an eye on ebay and craigslist.[/quote]

Same here, and I fucking love them, got the dip bars with it. I picked up their wrist roller too, and just bought a 24 inch(?) piece of gas pipe with caps on the end, then I just place it on the squat stands.

What weights will you be using to squat with as that’ll have to be in the car or stored somewhere where you work also!

Hardcore mate and I like your idea!

Koing

entheogens, you are awesome

that is all