Porsche 911

[quote]GribGrob wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Magarhe wrote:
sorry again, I don’t mean you are an idiot, just didn’t know how else to put it … it is one helluva error of cause and effect to try and link any of that to cancer, and if you work in the field you should know a lot better, so I was flabbergasted

Why are people afraid to call someone an idiot? There are idiots in the world. It isn’t wrong to point them out.

really? In that case: You’re an idiot.

For people on this thread to be preaching about cancer to someone whose career is based on it is absolutely ridiculous.
Do you not think his knowledge of cancer goes slightly deeper than the evidence laid out in this post.

The point of the thread was just that, to make a point. Therefore allowing to take from it what we want and change what we do in our lives accordingly if you feel that way inclined. Had a tnation writer posted that there wouldn’t be this negative feedback, i guarantee.[/quote]

I just clinically confirmed whether or not four patients had a particular form of cancer before lunch. With that in mind, I can also say I have a career “based in cancer”. What does that mean exactly? I could care less who wrote this. My response would have been the same. You are an idiot as well for not knowing what is bs and what isn’t. You must be fun at parties.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Magarhe wrote:
sorry again, I don’t mean you are an idiot, just didn’t know how else to put it … it is one helluva error of cause and effect to try and link any of that to cancer, and if you work in the field you should know a lot better, so I was flabbergasted

Why are people afraid to call someone an idiot? There are idiots in the world. It isn’t wrong to point them out.[/quote]

Why does someone have to call some one else an Idiot just because they disagree with them. I am befuddled

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
Why does someone have to call some one else an Idiot just because they disagree with them. I am befuddled
[/quote]

A person can have a well thought out point of view that you simply don’t agree with (based on personal experiences, etc). That doesn’t make a person an idiot. That makes it a difference of opinion.

A point of view based on idiocy makes a person an idiot.

[quote]Massif wrote:
pittbulll wrote:

A person can have a well thought out point of view that you simply don’t agree with (based on personal experiences, etc). That doesn’t make a person an idiot. That makes it a difference of opinion.

A point of view based on idiocy makes a person an idiot.
[/quote]

I would say Durden has a Hypothesis it may be full of holes but I did not think it idiotic.

Idiot
  1. A foolish or stupid person.
  2. A person of profound mental retardation having a mental age below three years and generally being unable to learn connected speech or guard against common dangers. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I would say Durden has a Hypothesis it may be full of holes but I did not think it idiotic.

Idiot

1. A foolish or stupid person.
  2. A person of profound mental retardation having a mental age below three years and generally being unable to learn connected speech or guard against common dangers. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

[/quote]

I didn’t call him an idiot. Others did. I didn’t respond to this thread because I thought his arguement was full of holes, not well thought out, untestable, and goes against much of the research that is available today. If you won’t to get more sleep, fine, do it, but don’t pretend that the majority of mankind’s ills are due to not getting 12 hours sleep a night.

I also don’t use the dictionary for the literal explanation of an insult.