T Nation

Porn/Libido Problem

HI All,
I’m a regular poster on this site, but because of the level of embarrassment of the situation, along with the fact that I have friends and family on here that I don’t want to know about this particular situation. I have decided to make a new sn to start this thread. But please recognize that this is NOT a trolling thread and I am in need of some serious advice.

I’ve been loosely following the “Addicted to Porn” thread since it popped up a while back. It caught my attention because I too started to realize a while back that I was becoming addicted to porn. Now let me preface this by saying that my issues caused by my addiction had nothing to do with needing more hardcore porn to get off, or needing to watch weird shit to get it up.

My only issue was that with the amount of porn i was watching and the amount of masturbating I was participating in, it was causing my to be unable to climax during regular intercourse. (basically I lated fucking forever) and it’s really just not as cool as it sounds.

So an incident happened last week that was the “final straw” for me. Basically my gf went away for the week on Monday and wasn’t supposed to be back till Friday. On Wednesday I was stressed out and horny so I took care of myself in the morning…than the afternoon…and then in the early evening. Well my gf surprised me coming home Wed night early. Of couse she wanted to hook up, but because I had already taken care of myself 3x I wasn’t really in the mood. So we didn’t have sex.

That night and the next day I was so mad at myself that I decided enough was enough and I was done masturbating/watching porn/looking at pics of girls. So I stopped masturbating, Well obviously Thursday I was horny as could be but I held strong. On Friday however I was incredibly horny and didn’t go to work. Well of course I kept thinking about checking out some girls and masturbating, and unfortunately I succumbed…sorta.

So basically I started getting into it, and then Wed. Night popped into my head, and I immediately stopped. I was like almost done too, but I was like fuck this I can’t keep doing this. And I stopped…(but basically gave myself blueballs?)

After that on friday I started working out…that was my way of getting my mind off of this shit. I havent been working out for months because of an injury i sustained at work. But recently I’ve started jogging and on friday i started doing some foam rolling and body weight exercises.

Saturday comes and I’m not horny at all, so I’m like this is great Ill just keep myself busy. Sunday comes and I’m still not horny…and I’m thinking to myself ok this is weird I should be standing on end right now, but this is what you wanted so good for you. Monday comes and I’m still not horny. Now it’s the middle of the day Monday and I’m still not horny. So I get home from work and I’m immediately like “uh I think something’s wrong”

I turn on my computer and start looking at porn/going on Facebook. Well I go to my usually videos and whatnot but nothing’s happening. As in im literally not getting turned on.

Now look at this from my point of view. I’m an avid masturbator/addicted to porn. I just stopped for the first time in years, and I’m on day 5 of not doing anything to myself or with a partner. My dick should be rock fucking hard and 2 jiggles later I should blow a volcano of cum out of it. BUT NOTHINGS HAPPENING.

So at this point I’m still watching porn and doing my thing…and I finally start to get a little hard(barely) def not what it was like before and then finally climax. And not nearly as much as I should of had after holding it for 5 days.

So at this point im freaking out like wtf is wrong with my dick. And I start going through all of the scenarios…Low T, addiction to porn is causing me to need more, etc.
On Tuesday I’m still worried and have no fucking clue what to do. That night I try having sex with my gf. and for the first time in my 27 years of existence I get Limp dick…

I immediately blame it on the condom and that was that. And come to think of it now, I didn’t climax that night either.

So I wake up Wednesday in a panic as I’m sure most men would. Start doing some research about ed and whatnot.
And here are my conclusions:
I literally depleted all of the testosterone out of my system.
Some of the body weight exercises that I was doing, like the supine bridges, may have caused an issues in my pipes. (not enough blood flow to my dick) I’ve had issues with my glutes and hips since I was a kid so I really really focus on supine bridges to help with that.

Like hardcore squeezing of my glutes. (so maybe I did damage to my balls, dick like bicyclists do?
God fucking hates me

I should add some stats.
27 yrs old, 180lbs 5’10â??. Healthy male, very healthy eating habits, very active lifestyle.

Started taking zma on Monday because I was worried about the situation and know from past experience that zma woke me up with raging boner in the middle of the night.(have not had one boner in the am or middle of the night at all since incident)

And most importantly-never ever fucking ever, have I had any issue with ED or low sex drive. I actually pride myself on how horny I am, Masturbating once a day and still being able to have a rock hard dick to fuck your gf is wonderful. And it is very well known about how hard my dick gets. I’ve had numerous partners comment on how hard my dick was compared to others.

So TNationrs I’m looking for some advice on the situation as well as possibly some insight on why the incident happened. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. I know this is a long post but I felt that the info was prevalent to the situation.

Cliff notes:

I decided to stop masteurbating.
I now have ED

may be caused by low T(unlikely)
I think I somehow did damage to my genital area and that’s what’s causing the problem.

I have no idea how to fix it.

Am begging for some assistance

EDIT: I should ad that about every couple of hours i get this pain in my ball sack particularly my right side. Kinda like what it feels like after you get kicked in the balls. Like when that pain is nearing its end. It’s sill there lingering but its not nearly as bad. (if that makes sense)

Short answer: dopamine levels spiked down after stopping porn and masturbation. Youre in withdrawal

It’s called “flat-lining”.

You basically just need to tough it out. I would tell your GF about all of it. Just educate her and it’s something that is temporary and your sex drive can soon get to being better than ever.

Also you could get some horny goat weed and tribulus or something. Get you some of them dick pills.

But don’t watch porn and try to “test” whether or not you can get hard. There is nothing physiologically wrong with your dick. You can still get as hard as ever, it’s just the dopamine circuit in your brain needs time to reset.

[quote]RRibber wrote:
Short answer: dopamine levels spiked down after stopping porn and masturbation. Youre in withdrawal[/quote]

So wouldn’t watching porn bring my dick back to its usual hardness? Because I’ve been trying that and it hasn’t been working at all. Ive never had so much limp dick…ever

[quote]csulli wrote:
It’s called “flat-lining”.

You basically just need to tough it out. I would tell your GF about all of it. Just educate her and it’s something that is temporary and your sex drive can soon get to being better than ever.

Also you could get some horny goat weed and tribulus or something. Get you some of them dick pills.

But don’t watch porn and try to “test” whether or not you can get hard. There is nothing physiologically wrong with your dick. You can still get as hard as ever, it’s just the dopamine circuit in your brain needs time to reset.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I don’t want any horny goat weed or tribulus because 1 week ago I had absolutely no issues and I wasn’t on anything. So unless I have an actual issue than I “should” be able to get back to normal without any substances.

I just told your above poster that I was “testing” it on a daily basis. Did it again this morning but will stop now. Thanks for that advice.

Also is the pain related to the situation? or just a coincidence?

And another thing, I have gotten hard when “testing” but I’m talking about a pathetic excuse for hard. Like hard enough that it stands up but soft enough that I can bend it pretty good. I’ve never had anything like that before, I’ve NEVER been able to bend me dick when it was hard.

Wait 2 weeks, don’t worry it will fix itself, weither you do something or not.

I agree with everyone saying just tuff it out. It hasn’t been very long. In the mean time just hone your pussy licking skills.

I think you just need to relax. You sound way to stressed out, which is probably part of the problem. Give it a few days and bang your girlfriend. It’s weird, but tell your girl anyway. Maybe she will help you out, which is a win win situation right.

Thanks for the post guys.

I’ll obviously give it some time but I mean really do I have a choice? haha

I am a little stressed but I can guarantee I’ve been more stressed in the past and it was never a problem at all. Infact I’m usually more horny when I’m stressed.

I’m not sure if it’s prevalent but I wanted to add that on the first week of February, I was put on 7day medrol dose pack of prednisolone (4mg) for an injury I had. After that ended for about 2 weeks after I got horrible bacne, but there was no other side effects besides that. The bacne cleared up the beginning of last week. Not sure if it could be related but like when you go to the Docs’ people need to know all the info to make a determination.

Another thing to keep in mind is that you may be “psyched out” now. Don’t let yourself get nervous or anxious going into sex once your dick is fixed. Just understand that it was a temporary chemical problem in your brain. There is no reason to go into sex nervous about performance once you’ve given it time to get sorted out. Just wanted to throw that in there.

You’re stressed because you think porn has wired your brain in the wrong way.

You haven’t had sex with the GF when you wanted too, therefore more stress occurs.

You then think “hmm, I’ll put it off for a bit” and do your own thing, whcih is good. You then wonder why you’re not hard as a rocket ready to blow because lets be honest, most guys with a decent sex drive start to get a tingle in the balls.

However this does not happen for you.

Which equates to more stress. Stress is a major dick killer, coupled with your porn addiction I’d say once you’re over them things will return.

You will need to re-train you dick however and warn your girl to not milk you so hard.

:wink:

[quote]harrypotter wrote:
You’re stressed because you think porn has wired your brain in the wrong way.

You haven’t had sex with the GF when you wanted too, therefore more stress occurs.

You then think “hmm, I’ll put it off for a bit” and do your own thing, whcih is good. You then wonder why you’re not hard as a rocket ready to blow because lets be honest, most guys with a decent sex drive start to get a tingle in the balls.

However this does not happen for you.

Which equates to more stress. Stress is a major dick killer, coupled with your porn addiction I’d say once you’re over them things will return.

You will need to re-train you dick however and warn your girl to not milk you so hard.

I get what you’re saying regarding stress. It’s just hard to believe that stress is the actual issue. Considering this part of my life is like a walk in the park compared to this time last year.

What do you mean by the end of your post…as in it’ll be like im a teenage boy having my dick touched for the first time, or something else?

;)[/quote]

Its all in your head man. You are being very hard on your self (no pun intended). Get with your girl and make it your mission to get her off as hard and as many times as possible without your cock. You have made your self way to sensative to the issue.

Yeah, sounds like you are just getting performance anxiety, even with yourself. Just relax, and like someone else said, in the meantime make sure you are pleasing your gf in otherways.

[quote]JCMPG wrote:
Its all in your head man. You are being very hard on your self (no pun intended). Get with your girl and make it your mission to get her off as hard and as many times as possible without your cock. You have made your self way to sensative to the issue.[/quote]

Yeah…hate to break your bubble but woman actually WANT a cock inside of them and want the guy to screw them.

Fingers and mouth only go so far.

I hate to break it to you but I know that. What I am proposing is a way for the OP to interact with his GF and make it all about her without any part of it being about him to help alleviate some of the pressure he is currently putting on himself.

[quote]harrypotter wrote:

[quote]JCMPG wrote:
Its all in your head man. You are being very hard on your self (no pun intended). Get with your girl and make it your mission to get her off as hard and as many times as possible without your cock. You have made your self way to sensative to the issue.[/quote]

Yeah…hate to break your bubble but woman actually WANT a cock inside of them and want the guy to screw them.

[/quote]

You speak like you know the feeling.

[quote]ineedhelp wrote:
Thanks for the post guys.

I’ll obviously give it some time but I mean really do I have a choice? haha

I am a little stressed but I can guarantee I’ve been more stressed in the past and it was never a problem at all. Infact I’m usually more horny when I’m stressed.

I’m not sure if it’s prevalent but I wanted to add that on the first week of February, I was put on 7day medrol dose pack of prednisolone (4mg) for an injury I had. After that ended for about 2 weeks after I got horrible bacne, but there was no other side effects besides that. The bacne cleared up the beginning of last week. Not sure if it could be related but like when you go to the Docs’ people need to know all the info to make a determination. [/quote]

You have mentioned a connection between stress and being horny several times. The thing is, you may not even be horny. When you are stressed, if your first inclination is to masturbate (to porn) then you may simply be self-soothing. Feeling “horny” and your initial physical responses that prompt you to jack it could arise from the anticipation of release.

It may help to find alternate means to deal with stress during this process.

yes I agree, it is not a hormonal thing, you may have been using porn as stress reduction/management… Check out this site for some articles… http://yourbrainonporn.com/

I would take a vow of abstinence all together… not with you’re girlfriend but no more masturbation and porn, even fantasizing about pornogrpahic things while rubbing one out or with your chick can send one to relapse… The best thing to do is to just clear youre head, block all porn from the computer and don’t ever look at porn again… For a person that has developed sensitized pathways relapse can happen if you start doing it again, even after a long time,… because chemically you are set for those huge spikes in dopamine and seeking behavior.

You will flatline and your libido may seem shot for up to six weeks. but thats a reboot, don’t use porn to allievate it, that is you’re brain re stabilizing to normal sexual behavior again… I could say plenty more but a good read over some core articles on that site should be more then enough information and understanding for you.