T Nation

Porn Addiction


#1

Just wanted to share this great video.


#2

Porn is HORRIBLE for people… It can lead to ED and even makes alot of people have issues getting it on with real life girls… http://yourbrainonporn.com/


#3

I cant leave my house without watching 6 hours of brutal facefucking videos


#4

thanks for the very informative video!

I actually made a bet with a few friends a few months ago, about who could abstain from porn for a longer period of time… Well, all of them (including me) went back to watching porn, afer the bet was over (about 4 weeks or so), but it somehow stuck with us that one is better of without it… still we all had relapses but overall I reduced it from 3-5time daily to 1-2weekly and it seems like it is getting easier over time to watch less and less of it, but the urge is still really strong, especially if the last time I got laid is a time back…

does anybody maybe have some tips on how to control the urge (especially when drunk/high, depressed or really, really horny?)

And does anybody know if masturbating (using one’s phantasy) is bad too? I mean it obviously would have an effect on the brain, but will it strengthen “porn-independent” erections by strenghtening “neural erotic phantasy circuits” or make it hard to sustain an erection with a female (because one is used to masturbating)?

btw I do rarely have problems with sustaining an erection (unless really drunk/etc), but I had it happen two or three times (I’m in my early twenties btw) and it scared the shit out of me…


#5

Check out the site and read the articles… Even fantasizing in your head about it can lead to the same effect… Some people fantasize about porn to get off even when they are with their real life girl friend… You don’t need to be a scientist to know that can be problematic…


#6

Yeah I’ve noticed that porn is a problem for me when I get off on it without any woman involved.

Your brain becomes detached and has an effect on how your body reacts to being naked or receiving any pleasure. You need to un-wire the shit porn did to your head.


#7

[quote]jenz wrote:
I reduced it from 3-5time daily [/quote]

da fuq, what are you 12?


#8

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:
Porn is HORRIBLE for people… It can lead to ED and even makes alot of people have issues getting it on with real life girls… http://yourbrainonporn.com/

[/quote]
So um are there any articles that are peer reviewed on the site? Or even any that aren’t by the admin of the site? Or any that have been submitted to any reputable publication?

C’mon man.

I could start a website and only submit “articles” by me espousing my position. Do you think conclusions that are factual could be drawn from that site?


#9

Anyone who thinks porn is healthy or that it does not or can not become an ENORMOUS problem or addiction on par with any drug is dangerously misinformed.

The science and thousands, probably more like millions of case studies say otherwise. It is extremely unhealthy.

http://www.yourbrainonporn.com


#10

Did not see that the link had already been posted, but it bears posting twice, anyway.


#11

[quote]Cortes wrote:
Anyone who thinks porn is healthy or that it does not or can not become an ENORMOUS problem or addiction on par with any drug is dangerously misinformed.

The science and thousands, probably more like millions of case studies say otherwise. It is extremely unhealthy.

http://www.yourbrainonporn.com
[/quote]
Are you saying ANY amount of porn is unhealthy?


#12

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:
Porn is HORRIBLE for people… It can lead to ED and even makes alot of people have issues getting it on with real life girls… http://yourbrainonporn.com/

[/quote]
So um are there any articles that are peer reviewed on the site? Or even any that aren’t by the admin of the site? Or any that have been submitted to any reputable publication?

C’mon man.

I could start a website and only submit “articles” by me espousing my position. Do you think conclusions that are factual could be drawn from that site?

[/quote]

Why not look for yourself, if you are actually interested in anything other than naysaying. Do you have an argument with the science, or is this just the standard internet fare. NOT PEER REVIEWED SQWAWK! Thosands upon thousands of guys on the forums using the information on that site and finding help and relief from a horrible addiction is not enough for me to acknowledge someone might be on to something because THE PEER REVEIWSSQWAK!


#13

I loled, for maybe 5 minutes.

Dragging on and on with jokes kills the funny.


#14

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]Cortes wrote:
Anyone who thinks porn is healthy or that it does not or can not become an ENORMOUS problem or addiction on par with any drug is dangerously misinformed.

The science and thousands, probably more like millions of case studies say otherwise. It is extremely unhealthy.

http://www.yourbrainonporn.com
[/quote]
Are you saying ANY amount of porn is unhealthy?[/quote]

Is ANY amount of cocaine healthy?


#15

[quote]Cortes wrote:
Did not see that the link had already been posted, but it bears posting twice, anyway. [/quote]

The porn issue is certainly debatable; however that site is bad science or not really science.


#16

I know this is not going to get a lot of support on this site, but the way porn affects the brain, no, is NOT healthy.

Have a look at the site before launching into knee-jerk reactions. I’m not interested in engaging folks that just want to shit all over something that have not taken a lick of time to look into.

Not saying that’s you, imhungry, I can just see what’s coming.


#17

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]Cortes wrote:
Did not see that the link had already been posted, but it bears posting twice, anyway. [/quote]

The porn issue is certainly debatable; however that site is bad science or not really science.

[/quote]

How so?


#18

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]Cortes wrote:
Did not see that the link had already been posted, but it bears posting twice, anyway. [/quote]

The porn issue is certainly debatable; however that site is bad science or not really science.

[/quote]

How so?[/quote]

Genuinely curious here. Because if you’ll read the forums, you will discover a LOT of people with the exact problem the site addresses, and a LOT of people who are cured of this problem by following the recommendations laid out on that self-same site.


#19

http://candeohealthysexuality.com/porn-addiction/


#20

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:
Porn is HORRIBLE for people… It can lead to ED and even makes alot of people have issues getting it on with real life girls… http://yourbrainonporn.com/

[/quote]
So um are there any articles that are peer reviewed on the site? Or even any that aren’t by the admin of the site? Or any that have been submitted to any reputable publication?

C’mon man.

I could start a website and only submit “articles” by me espousing my position. Do you think conclusions that are factual could be drawn from that site?

[/quote]

Why not look for yourself, if you are actually interested in anything other than naysaying. Do you have an argument with the science, or is this just the standard internet fare. NOT PEER REVIEWED SQWAWK! Thosands upon thousands of guys on the forums using the information on that site and finding help and relief from a horrible addiction is not enough for me to acknowledge someone might be on to something because THE PEER REVEIWSSQWAK![/quote]

I looked. I saw no content by anyone other than the site host and personal anecdotes.
Horrible addiction to what? Orgasms?

Let me do a personal case study. When I was in high school I could get hard when the wind blew. After years and years of sex and masturbation well it takes more than the wind but dammit I can still get hard. Thus porn has not hurt me. Thus its not bad.

Is that science? If I get a thousand similar anecdotes does it make it fact?