Pork: Damaged Protein?

I prefer Beelers to Applegate. Thick cut is the way to go.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]wswnsc wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Cr Powerlinate wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
All I know is most fresh pork products make me ill.
Not organic nitrate-free bacon though… thank God!

Oink![/quote]

Does your bacon contain celery salt? [/quote]

I’ve yet to find one that boasts NF and doesn’t have celery salt. So, yes it still contains naturally occuring nitrates, though it’s usually in organic brands, and the one I buy comes from organic pork along with more humane practices.[/quote]

Let me clarify the bacon contains no added nitrates / nitrites (aside from the naturally occurring ones).

I use Applegate Farms. Humane, natural and the best tasting bacon I’ve ever had. I like mine soft and somewhat rubbery. I save the fat to cook eggs in later.
[/quote]

How are you guys cooking? I’ve taken to baking mine on a stoneware sheet (cookie sheet style) lined with parchment paper. Works great. Just curious…[/quote]

Sounds good, but I slow cook it in a frying pan, then pour the fat into a small bowl to use later for frying eggs in!

[/quote]

Dad?
[/quote]

??

LOL

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]wswnsc wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Cr Powerlinate wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
All I know is most fresh pork products make me ill.
Not organic nitrate-free bacon though… thank God!

Oink![/quote]

Does your bacon contain celery salt? [/quote]

I’ve yet to find one that boasts NF and doesn’t have celery salt. So, yes it still contains naturally occuring nitrates, though it’s usually in organic brands, and the one I buy comes from organic pork along with more humane practices.[/quote]

Let me clarify the bacon contains no added nitrates / nitrites (aside from the naturally occurring ones).

I use Applegate Farms. Humane, natural and the best tasting bacon I’ve ever had. I like mine soft and somewhat rubbery. I save the fat to cook eggs in later.
[/quote]

How are you guys cooking? I’ve taken to baking mine on a stoneware sheet (cookie sheet style) lined with parchment paper. Works great. Just curious…[/quote]

Sounds good, but I slow cook it in a frying pan, then pour the fat into a small bowl to use later for frying eggs in!

[/quote]

Dad?
[/quote]

??

LOL
[/quote]

ha, meant as in are we related (you mentioned an older kid earlier, so I just went with dad)… same brand, same cooking method for me :wink:

LOL!

Hey, JF, where are you in MD? We’re more than likely moving to Baltimore next year.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
LOL!

Hey, JF, where are you in MD? We’re more than likely moving to Baltimore next year.[/quote]

45-mins south of there. Have you watched “the Wire”, I’m gonna assume no LOL… j/k

Never saw The Wire. Don’t get the joke.

lol

if you have time to watch TV, awesome show. I never gave it a chance years ago cause the first 20 mins were awful and different than most shows. Turned out to be a great show.

Cops I’ve known have said it’s the most accurate description of how things work, specially in Baltimore. Granted, i hear things have gotten better up there, and the show focused on the bad parts.

if you have time to watch TV, awesome show. I never gave it a chance years ago cause the first 20 mins were awful and different than most shows. Turned out to be a great show.

Cops I’ve known have said it’s the most accurate description of how things work, specially in Baltimore. Granted, i hear things have gotten better up there, and the show focused on the bad parts.[/quote]

EVERYTHING about that show is pretty much on-point.

I recall watching an episode of season 4 at my parents house. My mom (1st grade teacher) was in the room and overheard one of the school meetings scenes and was like, “wow that sounds exactly like us.”

Incredibly well-researched and written show, and basically the more intelligent you are, the more you’ll get out of it. Its also pretty widely considered the best TV show ever, for whatever thats worth.

[quote]chillain wrote:

Cops I’ve known have said it’s the most accurate description of how things work, specially in Baltimore. Granted, i hear things have gotten better up there, and the show focused on the bad parts.[/quote]

EVERYTHING about that show is pretty much on-point.

I recall watching an episode of season 4 at my parents house. My mom (1st grade teacher) was in the room and overheard one of the school meetings scenes and was like, “wow that sounds exactly like us.”

Incredibly well-researched and written show, and basically the more intelligent you are, the more you’ll get out of it. Its also pretty widely considered the best TV show ever, for whatever thats worth.

[/quote]

Yeah, I’ve heard that too. That said, it may be in my Top 5, but probably not.

Personally, while it wasn’t as realistic, for a cop show I liked The Shield better