Pork Barrel Palin

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
It is called tax[/quote]

What is?

RoadWarrior, please post link to the article you posted.

Thanks.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
RoadWarrior, please post link to the article you posted.

Thanks.[/quote]

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20080910/pl_politico/13353

It’s really easy to make the “research” earmarks sound really fucking stupid.

But I’m wondering if these research earmarks had well written grant proposals written for them outlining shit that it could be of benefit? Having gone through a research university, I understand the value of said research grants. Now, 95% of the population wouldn’t understand why the fuck we would wonder why money goes to universities to study algal blooms…

but then again, 95% of the mouthbreathing lemmings don’t know of the Gulf of Mexico ‘Dead Zone’ or perhaps understand how much of Alaska’s economy depends on the ocean’s fish and maybe those fucking seals are eating too many. Or not enough? Carrying capacity reached and population destroyed? What genes makes the seals eat or not eat? Come on.

“studying seals? How fucking stooopid!!!” Gosh! Each one of the bulleted earmarks is damn well relevant to a fishing economy. And they only sound stupid when you dumb them down into a one lined description.

[quote]msd0060 wrote:
It’s really easy to make the “research” earmarks sound really fucking stupid.

But I’m wondering if these research earmarks had well written grant proposals written for them outlining shit that it could be of benefit? Having gone through a research university, I understand the value of said research grants. Now, 95% of the population wouldn’t understand why the fuck we would wonder why money goes to universities to study algal blooms…

but then again, 95% of the mouthbreathing lemmings don’t know of the Gulf of Mexico ‘Dead Zone’ or perhaps understand how much of Alaska’s economy depends on the ocean’s fish and maybe those fucking seals are eating too many. Or not enough? Carrying capacity reached and population destroyed? What genes makes the seals eat or not eat? Come on.

“studying seals? How fucking stooopid!!!” Gosh! Each one of the bulleted earmarks is damn well relevant to a fishing economy. And they only sound stupid when you dumb them down into a one lined description.[/quote]

The funny thing is that Obama has requested one billion dollars in earmarks while he has been a U.S. Senator and has received 100 million just last year.

Funny thing, his wife almost tripled her salary the year after the hospital which she worked at got over 1 million dollars in federal grants.