Population Control

Israel has been injecting their Ethiopian immigrants with a birth control without their consent:

What if this happened in the West in some form?

Say… Forcing welfare recipients to take birth control?

[quote]therajraj wrote:

Say… Forcing welfare recipients to take birth control?[/quote]

Welfare recipients are already being neutered socially.

One hand enables the other: Fostering co-dependency guarantees votes.

The Labour Party did this to stay in power in England.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

http://www.andersoncooper.com/2012/05/30/forced-sterilization-update-for-victims-in-north-carolina/

[quote]therajraj wrote:

I’m not in favor of ‘no consent’; but I have no problem wirh birth control being a condition for receiving certain social services.

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

Welfare recipients are already being neutered socially.

One hand enables the other: Fostering co-dependency guarantees votes.

The Labour Party did this to stay in power in England.[/quote]

I’m unfamiliar with what you mean by socially neutered but I have found the opposite to be true.

The well off are saying things like “well… Shouldn’t really have kids in this economy…” While lower class people are reproducing like rabbits.

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

I’m not in favor of ‘no consent’; but I have no problem wirh birth control being a condition for receiving certain social services. [/quote]

Kinda a eugenics type approach no?

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

I’m not in favor of ‘no consent’; but I have no problem wirh birth control being a condition for receiving certain social services. [/quote]

Kinda a eugenics type approach no?[/quote]

I’m not sure if birth control while receiving benefits fits into the eugenics category.

It’s not?

“Noun
The science of improving a human population by controlled breeding to increase the occurrence of desirable heritable characteristics…”

Your controlling the breeding of undesirables. How is this not eugenics?

[quote]therajraj wrote:
It’s not?

“Noun
The science of improving a human population by controlled breeding to increase the occurrence of desirable heritable characteristics…”

[/quote]

I don’t think current employment status is a heritable characteristic.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
It’s not?

“Noun

[/quote]

So being Poor is a genetic trait?

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
It’s not?

“Noun

[/quote]

So being Poor is a genetic trait?[/quote]

The Israelis certainly believe so. 2/3 of Ethiopians in Israel are on some form of welfare.

It doesn’t matter if it is or isn’t, what can’t be debated is that the poor create more poor.

The poor create more poor. Birth controlling welfare recipients will prevent more undesirables from being born.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

Agree.

Where as now, the more children you have…the more benefits you recieve.

So why stop having kids?

[quote]therajraj wrote:
The poor create more poor. Birth controlling welfare recipients will prevent more undesirables from being born.[/quote]

A condition for accepting something is NOT forcing anything. Requiring birth control for welfare checks doesn’t force anything on anyone. Ironically, the only coercion actually in the system is forcing some people to pay for others.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Israel has been injecting their Ethiopian immigrants with a birth control without their consent:

Oh, please. Read the original Haartz article — or, better yet, the follow up from Haartz (the original source) that relates how Salon completely spun and misquoted the article:

“When a Scoop Becomes a Smear”

Long story short, the patients were told that that the shot was birth control.

A handful of women, lacking education, did not fully understand this (or, more likely, did not tell their husbands about it and the husbands were pissed), so they put in a new protocol that makes the women sign a release, not just a verbal “OK.”

It’s 100% optional, and always has been.

A non-story.

In short, typical Salon bad journalism.

So the Ethiopian fertility rate in Israel dropping by as much as 50% in the last decade is just a result of a misunderstanding? Are you serious?

I also find it interesting that the Arab-Israeli fertility rate has been in steady decline since 2000 while the Jewish birth rate has increased? Aren’t muslims known for having boatloads of children?

"A hidden camera in a local health clinic recorded a Ethiopian woman being told by a nurse that this shot is given ?primarily to Ethiopian women because they forget, they don?t understand, and it?s hard to explain to them, so it?s best that they receive a shot once every three months? basically they don?t understand anything.?

If you believe the Republican rhetoric you would surely think it murder

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
The poor create more poor. Birth controlling welfare recipients will prevent more undesirables from being born.[/quote]

A condition for accepting something is NOT forcing anything. Requiring birth control for welfare checks doesn’t force anything on anyone. Ironically, the only coercion actually in the system is forcing some people to pay for others.[/quote]

“the only cooercion”? Um that’s pretty horrible by itself, you’re actually leveraging the productive forces in society to create an incentive for those receiving the services.

You are in effect forcing them because you are removing the capital and savings from the private market which would otherwise make them employable in a productive manner. You are removing their productive choices in the market and forcing them into the only favorable path left to them.