T Nation

Popping Spine By Pulling On Skin

I don't know if this belongs here or get a life. I work with a girl who said she's been having her boyfriend pop her spine by pulling on the skin on her back over the part of the spine to be popped. She is lying flat on her stomach and he will roll enough skin to grab onto well and pull hard straight away from the spine. She said it pops one or two vertebrae and you can move up and do it again and pop some more and so on.

I've never heard of this and just wanted to know what is going on and if it is therapeutic or dangerous or what. She says it makes her back feel very good and relieves a lot of tension. I was thinking maybe adhesions, scar tissue, connective tissue of some sort or whatever is being broken up and this is the pop and the relief. She swears it's the vertebrae. Does anyone know or have some good ideas about the physiology of what is happening? Thanks.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Thanks. She said he just did it one time and she liked it. We figured he must have gotten it somewhere. You don't just make something like that up, I don't think.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.