Poor T - A Reason for TRT?

I am feeling better under DHEA and more iodine.
Thursday I make the new lab.

Best wishes for the New Year!

I am still waiting for the new lab…

not really good…

to much E2!

not much Vit D, IGF 1, FErritin, Testo…

I am still taking 30mg DHEA-S/day…

T4 is up, T3 down, TSH down. Any changes in body temperature.

E2 is insane. Still not on TRT? Lowering E2 may improve T!!

To lower E2 you need an aromatase inhibitor [AI], most often that is Arimidex/anastrozole.

E2 can be high from liver problems or from the liver having to process other drugs or toxins.

• alcohol
  • aspirin
  • paint fumes or other chemical exposure

Still need liver lab data. ALT AST
If no identifiable loads from drugs, alcohol etc, one need to consider a liver problem for high E2.

Low ferritin can be from blood loss in the gut. You doctor will have a test blood in your poop.

With high E2, you should not consider testosterone transdermals, you will need to self inject or get pellets injected every 3 months. Your options depend on your medical system.

[quote]KSman wrote:
T4 is up, T3 down, TSH down. Any changes in body temperature.

E2 is insane. Still not on TRT? Lowering E2 may improve T!!

[/quote]

Yes, it is horrible. Perhaps the reason for lowering of libido since three weeks.
Tomorrow I get arimidex. 1mg/week - devided in 2 or 3 doses, is this ok?

No, I am not on TRT. Only 30 mg DHEA/day. I will change it to 10 mg/day. I think DHEA is the reason for the high E2.

ALT 43 (0 - 50)
AST 36 (0 - 50)… normal.
not much alcohol, no aspirine, no drugs or chemicals

Why T i.m. would be better for me than transdermal T?

Thank you for your help.

Transdermals have the highest potential to create estrogens as so much aromatase in the skin is exposed to high T levels. T gels are the worse with large skin areas. High strength T creams applied to smaller areas are better.

SC injections produce less T peaks than IM and create less E2. More frequent small injections are better for the same reason.