Poor O'Reilly Getting Picked On

[quote]pookie wrote:
Zap Branigan HBO is on cable not on the air.

Ok, Mr. Pedant, I meant to say he’s still on TV. Who gets TV through the air nowadays, anyway?

This is true. I don’t think he got good ratings. Certainly not good enough for the network to deal with a shit storm everytime he says something stupid or offensive.

Politically Incorrect ran for 5 years on ABC after doing 2 or 3 years on the Comedy Channel; so I guess the ratings where good enough. Towards the end, the formula was also getting a bit tired.

While he is sometimes funny he misses far more than he hits.

He’s pretty uneven, but he’s rarely boring.[/quote]

Agreed. I used to watch that show whenever I could in school. He can keep your attention. I am amazed he is getting such negative shit in this thread. The man was on tv for years. What he said that led to him getting fired was also taking greatly out of context and he cleared it up as well later. Either way, it is only a matter of time before O’Reilly gets cut. Right now, people like someone they can hate. That is always good for a few runs. Eventually, that runs out too.

The only time Politically Incorrect is tolerable is when Christopher Hitchens is on it.

O’Reily is a douche bag

Oberman is a huge, jealous douche bag.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
… Either way, it is only a matter of time before O’Reilly gets cut. Right now, people like someone they can hate. That is always good for a few runs. Eventually, that runs out too.[/quote]

Remember Morton Downey Jr?

[quote]pookie wrote:

Politically Incorrect ran for 5 years on ABC after doing 2 or 3 years on the Comedy Channel; so I guess the ratings where good enough. Towards the end, the formula was also getting a bit tired.
[/quote]

ABC always runs a distant 3rd in their latenight ratings. While the ratings were good enough for them to not bother making a change they were not nearly good enough to deal with any negative feedback.

I suspect if anyone paid any attention to him there would have been more negative feedback and he would have been shitcanned much earlier.

Either way, it is only a matter of time before O’Reilly gets cut. Right now, people like someone they can hate. That is always good for a few runs. Eventually, that runs out too.[/quote]

I think you might be a bit out of touch with the majority of the country. Many, many people love O’Reilly, probably more than those that hate him. Why? Because he’s an asshole to people with views they don’t like.

Who is Keith Olberman?

[quote]Zap Branigan I suspect if anyone paid any attention to him there would have been more negative feedback and he would have been shitcanned much earlier.
[/quote]

Ok, you don’t like Bill Maher, we get it.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
This is fantastic news.

The more we have of this, the sooner these shows will use up their life span and get yanked off the air.

I’ve really grown to despise television media, both the journalism and the opinion stuff. Here’s to hoping the cult of the talking head is in its death throes.[/quote]

Who would have thought that giving them the whole day for news would have resulted in making the news less substantial?

They have hours, I wonder how a network that switched gears and offered more in depth analysis and skipped the sound bites would do.

MONEY MONEY MONEY RATINGS RATINGS RATINGS FOOLS FOOLS FOOLS…just kidding you guys are on the ball.

Agreed. I used to watch that show whenever I could in school. He can keep your attention. I am amazed he is getting such negative shit in this thread. The man was on tv for years. What he said that led to him getting fired was also taking greatly out of context and he cleared it up as well later. Either way, it is only a matter of time before O’Reilly gets cut. Right now, people like someone they can hate. That is always good for a few runs. Eventually, that runs out too.[/quote]

Evidently somebody forgot to clue Rush in on this.

Perhaps Ann Coulter should kiss him where it hurts and make the pain go away?

Or give him a blowjob. Whatever he prefers.