Poor O'Reilly Getting Picked On

Just goes to show that he can dish it out but can’t take it. Had to get other people to fight his battles for him just like his heroes. What a pussy!

[i]Fox News Calls Olbermann ‘Over the Line’
By BETH HARRIS, Associated Press Writer
Tue Jul 25, 0:50 AM

PASADENA, Calif. - Fox News Channel chairman and CEO Roger Ailes responded to Keith Olbermann’s latest critical volley against Bill O’Reilly on Monday, saying the MSNBC host’s behavior “is over the line.”

Ailes, appearing Monday at the summer meeting of the Television Critics Association, was referring to a weekend incident at the gathering in which Olbermann whipped out a mask of O’Reilly and gave a Nazi salute.

Ailes said Olbermann picks on Fox’s O’Reilly to boost his ratings.

“Clearly he has no viewers except those he gets when he attacks Fox News,” Ailes said.

Of Saturday’s incident, Ailes said, “I really think that’s over the line.”

During his “Countdown” show on MSNBC, Olbermann regularly tweaks O’Reilly. Olbermann has named O’Reilly his “Worst Person in the World” at least 15 times. The nightly “award” is Olbermann’s way of criticizing what he deems bad behavior.

O’Reilly has referred to Olbermann _ although not by name _ as a “notorious smear merchant” and pointed out the low ratings for “Countdown.”

“The O’Reilly Factor” on Fox is No. 1 in the cable TV news ratings. Olbermann generally runs third in the same time slot.

Also Monday, Ailes said Fox will mark its 10th anniversary with a “Thank You America” tour this fall. Shows fronted by O’Reilly, Shepard Smith, Greta Van Susteren, Sean Hannity and Alan Colmes, and Neil Cavuto will do live versions of their shows from 10 cities around the country, including Boston, Chicago, Dallas and San Diego.[/i]

It is amazing that O’Reilly attacks, berates and tries to humiliate every guest he has on his show that he doesn’t agree with, spews hatred on a regular basis, makes issues out of non-issues, lies his ass off constantly and generally is nothing more than a asshole neocon shock jock that talks like he is a tough guy, but he can’t take it when he is on the other end of the crap that he started. He has to get his boss to make a statement protecting him from criticism. Like I said, what a pussy!

This has been going on for a while.

I have not watched either show in months but I have watched both quite a bit.

Olbermann takes O’Reilly’s statements totally out of context and distorts them incredibly.

It really makes Olbermann look pathetic that he has to resort to these weak tactics to try to be revelant.

Olbermann is a bottom feeding lowlife.

Of course O’Reilly is a tool and I have no sympathy for him on the issue.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

Olbermann takes O’Reilly’s statements totally out of context and distorts them incredibly.

It really makes Olbermann look pathetic that he has to resort to these weak tactics to try to be revelant.

Of course O’Reilly is a tool and I have no sympathy for him on the issue.[/quote]

Olbermann does quote O’Reilly word for word.

It is a sh!t show.

al,

Do you watch either/both programs?

If you did, you would know exactly why O’Reilly doesn’t smack this guy around.

olbermann is a cheap shot artist.

olbermann using an O’Reilly mask and then flashing the third reich sign, speaks volumes. It is childish, stupid, petulant, weak, and sad.

Most people would have figured this out without having to be told.

O’Reilly dominates the scene. He has no reason to lower himself to this guy’s level.

You can make negative comments about O’Reilly. However, failure to take on people is not one of them.

If I was O’Reilly, I’d do exactly the same. Let this fool hang himself.

If I was in charge of Fox, I wouldn’t have made ANY comment.

I used to love olbermann when he was on Sportscenter.

He should have realized that his “gift” is to think of new ways to describe lame-ass baseball.

Beyond that, he should not go.

JeffR

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

It is a sh!t show.[/quote]

He does not quote him word for word. He skips words and qualifying statements. These often change the meaning of O’Reilly’s words.

They are both shit shows.

He does not quote him word for word. He skips words and qualifying statements. These often change the meaning of O’Reilly’s words.

[/quote]

So he does exactly what O’Reilly does? Oh, the shame.

[quote]JeffR wrote:
al,

Do you watch either/both programs?

If you did, you would know exactly why O’Reilly doesn’t smack this guy around.

olbermann is a cheap shot artist.

olbermann using an O’Reilly mask and then flashing the third reich sign, speaks volumes. It is childish, stupid, petulant, weak, and sad.

Most people would have figured this out without having to be told.

O’Reilly dominates the scene. He has no reason to lower himself to this guy’s level.

You can make negative comments about O’Reilly. However, failure to take on people is not one of them.

If I was O’Reilly, I’d do exactly the same. Let this fool hang himself.

If I was in charge of Fox, I wouldn’t have made ANY comment.

I used to love olbermann when he was on Sportscenter.

He should have realized that his “gift” is to think of new ways to describe lame-ass baseball.

Beyond that, he should not go.

JeffR[/quote]

I’ve watched both shows before. They are both shit shows. The point that I was making is that O’Reilly acts like a schoolyard bully most of the time. But this move looks like the schoolyard bully is running to the teacher to tell on someone who is doing to him what he normally does to other people. For someone that projects such a tough-guy image, this looks like a punk move. No one from the FOX camp other than O’Reilly should have made any comments. It makes it look like he is hiding behind others.

For the record, I don’t care for either person and I don’t feel sorry for any of them when they are being attacked. I am tired of these types of shows and the people that promote them. I hope one day that they all disappear.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

So he does exactly what O’Reilly does? Oh, the shame.[/quote]

“No fair! No fair! You’re not allowed to do that to me! I’m the only one that’s allowed to do that!” He and his camp are punks.

Marmadogg wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

It is a sh!t show.

They are both shit shows.

[/quote]

I agree that they are both sh!t shows!

I was refering to the back and forth being a sh!t show in and of itself.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

So he does exactly what O’Reilly does? Oh, the shame.[/quote]

Pretty much.

People still pull that “call 'im a Nazi” shit?

This is fantastic news.

The more we have of this, the sooner these shows will use up their life span and get yanked off the air.

I’ve really grown to despise television media, both the journalism and the opinion stuff. Here’s to hoping the cult of the talking head is in its death throes.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
This is fantastic news.

The more we have of this, the sooner these shows will use up their life span and get yanked off the air.

I’ve really grown to despise television media, both the journalism and the opinion stuff. Here’s to hoping the cult of the talking head is in its death throes.[/quote]

Not likely.

The only guy I’m a fan of is Bill Maher, and they yanked him long ago.

little irish,

There was a reason bill “I’m frightened to take on a Conservative unless the odds are 4:1 or greater” maher was pulled, slapped-down, yanked, smacked, ignored, berated, and otherwise laughed at. Here are a few of his comments.

"But I’ve often said that if I had ? I have two dogs ? if I had two retarded children, I’d be a hero. And yet the dogs, which are pretty much the same thing. What? They’re sweet. They’re loving. They’re kind, but they don’t mentally advance at all … Dogs are like retarded children.

? Bill Maher, Politically Incorrect (2001)"

"We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That’s cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it’s not cowardly.

? Bill Maher, Politically Incorrect (2001"

Sounds like your kind of guy, irish.

Small, weak, petulant, and filled with hot air.

JeffR

[quote]JeffR wrote:
little irish,

There was a reason bill “I’m frightened to take on a Conservative unless the odds are 4:1 or greater” maher was pulled, slapped-down, yanked, smacked, ignored, berated, and otherwise laughed at. Here are a few of his comments.

"But I’ve often said that if I had ? I have two dogs ? if I had two retarded children, I’d be a hero. And yet the dogs, which are pretty much the same thing. What? They’re sweet. They’re loving. They’re kind, but they don’t mentally advance at all … Dogs are like retarded children.

? Bill Maher, Politically Incorrect (2001)"

"We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That’s cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it’s not cowardly.

? Bill Maher, Politically Incorrect (2001"

Sounds like your kind of guy, irish.

Small, weak, petulant, and filled with hot air.

JeffR

[/quote]

I know exactly why he was pulled shitbag!!!

There’s many things he says that I agree with, and he makes good points…not to mention he’s a comedian first.

Small and weak huh? Unlike your hulking physique?

You’re a piece of shit. You troll this bodybuilding board, never once come out of this forum, never even remotely prove that you lift, and never comment on anything lifting related, and yet you’ve got the fucking balls to call me small and weak? You don’t lift weights! You don’t talk about lifting weights!

This is why I say that you are the only one of this board that I have no respect for. Now run along, and try finding a gym somewhere.

Uh, here’s the real, ULTRA SECRET reason he’s no longer on the air: he doesn’t put on an entertaining show that people want to watch.

For a guy that’s supposed to be a comedian/social commentator, that’s a mortal sin.

And todays worst person in the world…

[quote]The_Rabbi wrote:
Uh, here’s the real, ULTRA SECRET reason he’s no longer on the air: he doesn’t put on an entertaining show that people want to watch.

For a guy that’s supposed to be a comedian/social commentator, that’s a mortal sin.[/quote]

Isn’t he still on HBO?

I think he got pulled because he said things that, while extremely funny for some people, are also extremely offensive to others. Networks thrive in “middle of the road” entertainment; good ratings with low backlash is the way to go.

[quote]pookie wrote:
The_Rabbi wrote:

For a guy that’s supposed to be a comedian/social commentator, that’s a mortal sin.

Isn’t he still on HBO?
[/quote]
HBO is on cable not on the air.

This is true. I don’t think he got good ratings. Certainly not good enough for the network to deal with a shit storm everytime he says something stupid or offensive.

While he is sometimes funny he misses far more than he hits.

Ok, Mr. Pedant, I meant to say he’s still on TV. Who gets TV through the air nowadays, anyway?

Politically Incorrect ran for 5 years on ABC after doing 2 or 3 years on the Comedy Channel; so I guess the ratings where good enough. Towards the end, the formula was also getting a bit tired.

He’s pretty uneven, but he’s rarely boring.