Poor Man's PWO Nutrition

I use chocolate milk and also mix whey with Gatorade. Both work well, though I prefer chocolate milk.

Has anyone done a comparison between chocolate milk and Surge in order to be able to give some sort of estimate as to HOW much less effective it is? Are we talking 50%, 25%, 85% what?

Here’s the original Double Dose Surge article:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1509422

Most lost fat, gained LBM, increased recovery and performed better in the gym. Some maintained body fat while adding LBM etc. I think one guy noticed a bit of fat gain, but he was actively bulking with the rest of his diet as I recall.

The thing to keep in mind with these “budget PWO” ideas is:

1. They (fat free choc milk etc.) are better than nothing at all.

2. But they don’t come close to a precision formula made with premium ingredients based on the latest cutting edge science.

3. Surge is about $1.87 a serving. Not exactly budget busting to begin with, plus you get the best results. I think I paid $1.27 for a bottle of water the other day.

Hey, quick question, should I just jump right in with my dextrose and start taking 80 grams after workout or should I build up slowly?

[quote]danian1 wrote:
Hey, quick question, should I just jump right in with my dextrose and start taking 80 grams after workout or should I build up slowly?[/quote]

You should use Surge instead. My personal results improved significantly. The whole point is to provide an insulin surge and fast acting proteins. Whey hydrolysate tastes terrible, so making this mix yourself is not really practical.

I don’t normally promote other sites on here, but I think the article “The window of opportunity” on www.abcbodybuilding.com is what convinced me to start using Surge, some really good science coverage there.