Poor Mans Guide to Getting Strong and Huge

[quote]starofdavid5 wrote:
im from a third world country my friend. tropical, as one might say. we have a lot of fishes in here but again “mercury” may still be the issue. grass fed beef is not quite popular here. what i clearly know of grass fed animals are only the goats!lol. eggs too are quite cheaper and i guess we will just have to rely on these sources since supplements are quite expensive.

anyway, patience will really be a great virtue in this game. cheers to all iron lifters out there. “never let go - dan john”[/quote]

this is the truth grass fed beef much better for the health, and probally for gains due to increased CLA content
love the optimisimn bro, hold it down for the 3rd world countries, i know yall are hurtin more than anybody on food prices
i love your dedication

@gsu. thanks man! i think only determination and dedication comes cheap for us. anyway, just read ur stats, you are one freaking strong dude and ur still very young!amazing! good luck on ur future endeavors!

What about walmart whole chicken, already cooked? I think it is about $5. You can easily get three meals with it. Heck I have even gotten the fried chicken at a grocery store and just ripped off the batter.
Frozen veggies are a good deal as well.
I worry about eggs every day. Poliquin talks about allergies. I dunno.

Sometimes grocery stores mark down meat when it is starting to get old. If you cook it the same day, no problem. Maybe even buy a huge brisket and freeze some in small reusable tupperware containers. Pull some out the day before and let it defrost in the fridge.

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]wswnsc wrote:

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

tuna here in our place comes in cheaper than red meat. plus its much safer than the chemically enchanced poultry. prices of supplements here in our place darn also sucks! we also have cheaper alternative brands but fake supps also have an issue here.[/quote]

I do not know where you are from, but red meat is greater than tuna, and tuna is very low in calories much lower in calories than a bag of chicken dollar for dollar where im from

i understand tuna…yes its cheap, but whos gonna eat pound of tuna every single day consistently for protein UNHEARD OF

^^^^^THAT IS GONNA CAUSE SOMEONE TO QUIT RIGHT THERE! Gotta predict human nature, and keep people true to diet, that is why i add in the ice cream, and peanut butter and jelly sandwhich to the list. GOING TO STRICT WILL…MAKE…PEOPLE…QUIT, and go to chips and dip

being practical and living a HALF NORMAL LIFE IS IMPORTANT part of my thread, steak chicken pork eggs many sources of protein to choose from to keep the bodybuilder happy

all this chemical enhanced stuff is overkill try buying grass fed beef its 5x THE FUCKING PRICE
good luck with that [/quote]

NO…IT…WON’T… DO…IT…ALL…THE…TIME… (this is kind of fun typing like a half tard)[/quote]

^^^it is clear you are not with the program, You are a very little fella typing behind computer with no experience at all
EXCEPT EATING TUNA in very high amounts which is actually impressive to me, considering the taste of that shit.
[/quote]

ok. You seemed to identified yourself a college student. Or at least implied that with the “I’m poor” bs. We get that. Let me give you a little dose of reality son. I get that you really are full of yourself right now because you wrote something and you got some good feedback. You put your opinions out on the internet and a couple people wrote back and said “atta’ boy.” Good for you.

You’ve been training for maybe 8 years? Good on ya’ I know that’s impressive to the bro’s in the dorm. But did you seriously expect NO ONE to say anything in disagreement with you? You getting your panties in a wad bc someone says “No, I disagree” lends itself to a whiny little college bitch stereotype - just FYI. Grow up and consider that as hard as you think you’ve worked, as long as you’ve trained, as big a deal as you think you are bc you wrote a half decent post, there’s about a 1000 other people that have worked harder, longer and smarter, and your imgagined level of dedication is mediocre at best.

Now I know you’re seething as you read this and will undoubtedly begin working on your best insults in response. Keep calling me small - wow, maybe I’ll be offended if you call me “little”. Lots of kids think that way, I promise. I know because I fire them all the time. FTR, I’m 43, 6"1, 225, and I’d be happy to compare my work ethic to yours. When you’ve trained at this level for 20 years, 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year, then come talk to me about dedication and sacrafice. Until then maybe dial back the name calling and pathetic attempts at belittling people. You only make yourself look like the kid you are. Good look to you.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
What about walmart whole chicken, already cooked? I think it is about $5. You can easily get three meals with it. Heck I have even gotten the fried chicken at a grocery store and just ripped off the batter.
Frozen veggies are a good deal as well.
I worry about eggs every day. Poliquin talks about allergies. I dunno.

Sometimes grocery stores mark down meat when it is starting to get old. If you cook it the same day, no problem. Maybe even buy a huge brisket and freeze some in small reusable tupperware containers. Pull some out the day before and let it defrost in the fridge. [/quote]

i agrree with chicken and cooked veggies can be VERY CHEAP
good option for poor man on a cut

@gsu. thanks man! i think only determination and dedication comes cheap for us. anyway, just read ur stats, you are one freaking strong dude and ur still very young!amazing! good luck on ur future endeavors![/quote]

BRO thanks i am going to put everything i got into the sport until i die.

[quote]wswnsc wrote:

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]wswnsc wrote:

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

tuna here in our place comes in cheaper than red meat. plus its much safer than the chemically enchanced poultry. prices of supplements here in our place darn also sucks! we also have cheaper alternative brands but fake supps also have an issue here.[/quote]

I do not know where you are from, but red meat is greater than tuna, and tuna is very low in calories much lower in calories than a bag of chicken dollar for dollar where im from

i understand tuna…yes its cheap, but whos gonna eat pound of tuna every single day consistently for protein UNHEARD OF

^^^^^THAT IS GONNA CAUSE SOMEONE TO QUIT RIGHT THERE! Gotta predict human nature, and keep people true to diet, that is why i add in the ice cream, and peanut butter and jelly sandwhich to the list. GOING TO STRICT WILL…MAKE…PEOPLE…QUIT, and go to chips and dip

being practical and living a HALF NORMAL LIFE IS IMPORTANT part of my thread, steak chicken pork eggs many sources of protein to choose from to keep the bodybuilder happy

all this chemical enhanced stuff is overkill try buying grass fed beef its 5x THE FUCKING PRICE
good luck with that [/quote]

NO…IT…WON’T… DO…IT…ALL…THE…TIME… (this is kind of fun typing like a half tard)[/quote]

^^^it is clear you are not with the program, You are a very little fella typing behind computer with no experience at all
EXCEPT EATING TUNA in very high amounts which is actually impressive to me, considering the taste of that shit.
[/quote]

ok. You seemed to identified yourself a college student. Or at least implied that with the “I’m poor” bs. We get that. Let me give you a little dose of reality son. I get that you really are full of yourself right now because you wrote something and you got some good feedback. You put your opinions out on the internet and a couple people wrote back and said “atta’ boy.” Good for you.

You’ve been training for maybe 8 years? Good on ya’ I know that’s impressive to the bro’s in the dorm. But did you seriously expect NO ONE to say anything in disagreement with you? You getting your panties in a wad bc someone says “No, I disagree” lends itself to a whiny little college bitch stereotype - just FYI. Grow up and consider that as hard as you think you’ve worked, as long as you’ve trained, as big a deal as you think you are bc you wrote a half decent post, there’s about a 1000 other people that have worked harder, longer and smarter, and your imgagined level of dedication is mediocre at best.

Now I know you’re seething as you read this and will undoubtedly begin working on your best insults in response. Keep calling me small - wow, maybe I’ll be offended if you call me “little”. Lots of kids think that way, I promise. I know because I fire them all the time. FTR, I’m 43, 6"1, 225, and I’d be happy to compare my work ethic to yours. When you’ve trained at this level for 20 years, 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year, then come talk to me about dedication and sacrafice. Until then maybe dial back the name calling and pathetic attempts at belittling people. You only make yourself look like the kid you are. Good look to you. [/quote]

i was snappy because you said retard which im not
but i really love your passion bro, and if you got the experience ill here ya out on anything
and i agrre with some things you are saying
i am not poor, but try to save money via means listed on here
yes i am happy about my post, and feeling good about helping people on here
i get a serious kick out of people loving my ideas i think anyone would
and you defintly ARENT THE FIRST TO DISAGREE WITH ME
i mean look at all the dislikes im my youtube videos, trust me i know not eveyrbody likes my stuff bro

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]naxis wrote:
I have to add ‘lift consistently’ to this just in case it is missed. Better to lift consistently within your routine than stop-start. If your not consistent your wasting money, progress and time.

One way to help keep things consistent and cheap is by including some element of home bodyweight training. Add in some isometric holds mid-set if you need to make it heavier. I prefer going to the gym, but you have to be realistic. If you intend to go 4 times week, but are generally only making it 2 times, then make sure you plan accordingly. This also includes having strategies for exam times etc.

Also, see if you can trade your labor for gym membership. Ronnie Coleman moved to bodybuilding ‘against his will’ for the offer of free gym usage. I can’t imagine you getting this deal, but work experience cannot be a bad thing.

For food, porridge/oatmeal has got to be on my list. Rice, pasta and couscous are all cheap carbs and allow you to add a bit of variety.
I would also check which supermarkets have the discount fridge and when they fill it. The discount fridge is where you find food nearing the sell by date. The food there can cost a fraction. Go there on the right days/times and fill your freezer. [/quote]

I can tell this isnt american type talk right here
you can save enough from switching from porridge to rice in a month for a membership
and seriously you have to add lifting consistently…THIS IS FUCKING BODYBUILDING THREAD AND YOU WANT TO REMIND PEOPLE TO LIFT ON A REGULAR BASIS ARE YOU KIDDING ME???
THAT IS A GIVEN

do not add this madness to a great place like TNATION [/quote]

T-Nation is not exclusively an American forum, so the answers can vary for that reason. Porridge/oatmeal is cheap in some countries where people who use this forum live. Another person on this thread commented on how food costs differ, it’s a fact and not a big deal. You have to adapt what is found on T-Nation to your environment, whether diet or equipment available.

Lifting consistently - From what I see, it needed mentioning. I get driven nuts by newbies asking questions in the gyms I have used who spend a fortune on the latest supplement and then do not train consistently. I stick by my comment and, by the way, I just found that the same point was highlighted in an article by Bret Contreras on Monday on this website! Damn…its a given so maybe you need to tell him?

Unfortunately basic stuff does need to get repeated again and again as you have people of different levels using this website and joining daily. That is why such great threads as ‘Do This Routine Instead of That Dumb One’ are important. What is plainly obvious for you might not be for the next guy who is just starting out.

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
Be interesting to see how this would change if there was no budget, and if it would at all?[/quote]

it would change some, to clean foods, like oatmeal, and past ect instead of rice
and nuts would be added in as well as some supplements, but this is a bulking plan
not a cutting clean eating plan 12 weeks out[/quote]

Pasta is cleaner than rice… don’t think so mate. [/quote]

that is what you believe, and i have my own belief, both will work[/quote]

I think its science actually.

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
Be interesting to see how this would change if there was no budget, and if it would at all?[/quote]

it would change some, to clean foods, like oatmeal, and past ect instead of rice
and nuts would be added in as well as some supplements, but this is a bulking plan

[/quote]

i garuntee you dont have science to back up that pasta is better for you than rice

[quote]naxis wrote:

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]naxis wrote:
I have to add ‘lift consistently’ to this just in case it is missed. Better to lift consistently within your routine than stop-start. If your not consistent your wasting money, progress and time.

One way to help keep things consistent and cheap is by including some element of home bodyweight training. Add in some isometric holds mid-set if you need to make it heavier. I prefer going to the gym, but you have to be realistic. If you intend to go 4 times week, but are generally only making it 2 times, then make sure you plan accordingly. This also includes having strategies for exam times etc.

Also, see if you can trade your labor for gym membership. Ronnie Coleman moved to bodybuilding ‘against his will’ for the offer of free gym usage. I can’t imagine you getting this deal, but work experience cannot be a bad thing.

For food, porridge/oatmeal has got to be on my list. Rice, pasta and couscous are all cheap carbs and allow you to add a bit of variety.
I would also check which supermarkets have the discount fridge and when they fill it. The discount fridge is where you find food nearing the sell by date. The food there can cost a fraction. Go there on the right days/times and fill your freezer. [/quote]

I can tell this isnt american type talk right here
you can save enough from switching from porridge to rice in a month for a membership
and seriously you have to add lifting consistently…THIS IS FUCKING BODYBUILDING THREAD AND YOU WANT TO REMIND PEOPLE TO LIFT ON A REGULAR BASIS ARE YOU KIDDING ME???
THAT IS A GIVEN

do not add this madness to a great place like TNATION [/quote]

T-Nation is not exclusively an American forum, so the answers can vary for that reason. Porridge/oatmeal is cheap in some countries where people who use this forum live. Another person on this thread commented on how food costs differ, it’s a fact and not a big deal. You have to adapt what is found on T-Nation to your environment, whether diet or equipment available.

Lifting consistently - From what I see, it needed mentioning. I get driven nuts by newbies asking questions in the gyms I have used who spend a fortune on the latest supplement and then do not train consistently. I stick by my comment and, by the way, I just found that the same point was highlighted in an article by Bret Contreras on Monday on this website! Damn…its a given so maybe you need to tell him?

Unfortunately basic stuff does need to get repeated again and again as you have people of different levels using this website and joining daily. That is why such great threads as ‘Do This Routine Instead of That Dumb One’ are important. What is plainly obvious for you might not be for the next guy who is just starting out.[/quote]

i see i have not encountered this yet myself, make them boys lift more consistently!

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[/quote]

i garuntee you dont have science to back up that pasta is better for you than rice[/quote]

GSU, why don’t you ask to see the “incredible” physique Marzouk has built over his years lifting and posting on TNation instead?

This is the BB forum, not Supps and Nutrition after all…results are what count here.

[quote]jeremielemauvais wrote:

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[/quote]

i garuntee you dont have science to back up that pasta is better for you than rice[/quote]

GSU, why don’t you ask to see the “incredible” physique Marzouk has built over his years lifting and posting on TNation instead?

This is the BB forum, not Supps and Nutrition after all…results are what count here.
[/quote]

yes i would be interested to see if it is good as is stated.

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

yes i would be interested to see if it is good as is stated. [/quote]

Where did use the word incredible?

Marzouk your points are just stupid.

The OP made a guide to help people save money. I remember reading that you’re an accountant, so that should give you a borderline boner.

But what I don’t understand is your notion of working out with NO money? What?!? What’s next, how to get huge with no home? How to get huge with aids?

[quote]IFlashBack wrote:

The OP made a guide to help people save money. I remember reading that you’re an accountant, so that should give you a borderline boner.

But what I don’t understand is your notion of working out with NO money? What?!? What’s next, how to get huge with no home? How to get huge with aids? [/quote]

yes i am glad you understand
the same notion i was wondering about as well, not enough to life?
i didn’t understand either

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]IFlashBack wrote:

But what I don’t understand is your notion of working out with NO money? What?!? What’s next, how to get huge with no home? How to get huge with aids? [/quote]

yes i am glad you understand
the same notion i was wondering about as well, not enough to life?
i didn’t understand either[/quote]

I think you guys got confused soewhere…

1. I’m not an accountant.

2. Who said anything about no money? I said if money wasn’t an issue. ie. You had a lot of money how would this advice change?!!!

My exact words were, ‘no budget’ ie no upper limit on cash.

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
My exact words were, ‘no budget’ ie no upper limit on cash. [/quote]

i appreciate the input man

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Have no fear, most of the people on this site know of Marz’s lack of progress physique wise.