Poor Mans Guide to Getting Strong and Huge

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Nice. I heard so much conflicting crap when I was in college, wish someone had just laid down the basics like that. Damn magazines like Flex and M&F didn’t exactly help either -lol.

S[/quote]

i have tried different supplements, methods, training ect, and it never fails, eating massive amounts of calories and protein, yes carbs matter as far as bloat, and sodium, but getting in the protein and calories will get everyone bigger as long as it past a threshhold amount

same for powerlifters, eating like this will help compared to chips cookies and little debbies i see most eat, they would gain better over time with some food change and maybe save some money on the way

[quote]chobbs wrote:
Maybe not abs, but your core should be trained. I feel that oatmeal should have got a S/O.[/quote]

the point here is lack of time, and LIFTING ECONOMY, AS WELL AS FOOD
economy and saving all around
why do a million sets of abs, when you can hit them hard with good foundation lifts that have made people huge since late 1800’s

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]chobbs wrote:
Maybe not abs, but your core should be trained. I feel that oatmeal should have got a S/O.[/quote]

Between “squats, deadlifts, lunges” and “overhead press, rows” you really don’t think there’s enough core training? Serious question, because as far I can tell, the core’s getting hit pretty hard there if you’re working those as you should be.[/quote]

^^^^^x2 bro

[quote]Consul wrote:
Great post, Hunter. I like your focus on buying in bulk and making sure you consume cheap sources of protein and carbs.

x2 on frozen spinach.

Tinned tuna is also cheap and tasty! Making shakes with oats, PB, cocoa powder, bananas, raw eggs and cheap whey is something I like to do.

Edit: try and go to supermarkets/walmart later at night; buy the reduced to clear meat and freeze it :slight_smile:

Supplements that are worth buying, if you have some spare money: whey gives you a lot of options for shakes etc, creatine is cheap and effective, and fish oil has many health benefits. But these are not the first concern obviously. Basic whole foods should be the base of your diet.[/quote]

yes i agree with some things said here, but the focus is on base diet, not shakes,
meat, eggs, fish>shakes no matter the shake

[quote]winkel wrote:
Excellent advice![/quote]

thanks bro just trying to help the poor fokes out here

[quote]chobbs wrote:
Go out and get a deer…real cheap, tastes AMAZING, very versatile too.[/quote]

Yes true, but the processing of meat into, sausage, hamburger patties ect
is gonna cost ya some bucks, plus the gun, and the deer stand, and camo outfit
plus no car to go hunting LOL joking bro i know what you mean

[quote]GSUbarbell wrote:

[quote]Consul wrote:
Great post, Hunter. I like your focus on buying in bulk and making sure you consume cheap sources of protein and carbs.

x2 on frozen spinach.

Tinned tuna is also cheap and tasty! Making shakes with oats, PB, cocoa powder, bananas, raw eggs and cheap whey is something I like to do.

Edit: try and go to supermarkets/walmart later at night; buy the reduced to clear meat and freeze it :slight_smile:

Supplements that are worth buying, if you have some spare money: whey gives you a lot of options for shakes etc, creatine is cheap and effective, and fish oil has many health benefits. But these are not the first concern obviously. Basic whole foods should be the base of your diet.[/quote]

yes i agree with some things said here, but the focus is on base diet, not shakes,
meat, eggs, fish>shakes no matter the shake[/quote]

Oh, I agree entirely. The best gains come from eating enough of the right stuff, and that doesn’t have to be expensive.

Dude, just fucking awesome. Well done.

Awesome
Man

Very Nice! High Five !

:wink:

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
Dude, just fucking awesome. Well done.[/quote]

Dude this is the reason why i post these things!

[quote]Reed wrote:
Awesome
Man[/quote]

Yes BRO THIS IS HOW WE LIVE, this is a DAILY THING for me and REED
ASK HIM reed knows his shit, he has got it together, and going to be SO HUGE, AND STRONG
going to win Georgia strongest man in JANUARY just watch

[quote]Trev71 wrote:
Very Nice! High Five !

;)[/quote]

High FIVE BACK AT YA BRO represent

I really needed to hear this, thanks man!

Decent stuff for beginners.

Only minor remark: here in Europe nothing can beat protein powder in terms of costs per gram of protein (despite it being way more expensive than in the US). Protein from whole food might be preferable for other reasons but if money is really short, nothing can beat it.

[quote]florelius wrote:
I really needed to hear this, thanks man![/quote]

Bro your welcome, this is why i put this out there because its the truth
nothing up for debate here its just how it is bro

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:
Decent stuff for beginners.

Only minor remark: here in Europe nothing can beat protein powder in terms of costs per gram of protein (despite it being way more expensive than in the US). Protein from whole food might be preferable for other reasons but if money is really short, nothing can beat it.[/quote]

Yes i understand europe is much more expensive and the whole farm egg thing, but…
this applies to people in USA ONLY if this is way off base on price for people in europe if these products

does GSUbarbell stand for Georgia State University?

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:
does GSUbarbell stand for Georgia State University?[/quote]

Georgia southern University