Poor Mans Guide to Getting Strong and Huge

Guys i got so many quesitons in regards to being to poor to be a bodybuilder/powerlifter/strongman so here it goes,
no more excuses here is your OFFICIAL GUIDE, bring it with you to wal mart which i will discuss later.

POOR MANS GUIDE TO GETTING HUGE AND STRONG
step 1:
save all your money you spend on crap supplements that do so little for muscle growth and make your wallet less deep, protein and calories are all of your concern at the moment as you are poor and cannot eat out expensive food. Later this money from supplements will come in handy,

also save money on anything possible, like eating out, you cannot afford to eat out, it is to expensive in the long run ,and since you dont have a car you cannot drive to eat out anyways…

DO NOT GO TO THE BAR, or buy any alcohol, you simply cannot afford it as you are already paying rent, and alcohol stores fat, and has no protein in it, big waste of money, if you are serious about lifting you shouldn’t be drinking anyways.

Ok now that you have saved at least 100 dollars this month if not 200 here is step 2

now
step 2:
Since you are broke and dont have a car get a friend or family member to take you to local walmart and you will get the following:

20 pound of rice thats 2 dollars nothing cheaper in the store calorie for calorie these will be your carb source, and will eat as much as possible

5 dozen eggs for 7-8 dollars cheaper gram for gram of protein than any protein powder you find on sale, and build muscle more than any powder or drink will, plus nutrition, vitamins, minerals, you will also be using the yoke, because that is what big men do, cholesterol is good for hormones, not bad for you, low cholesterol is the issue here, and yoke has most of the vitamins you need to help you grow big.

milk-3 dollars a gallon-a very high protein content thats drinkable with your eggs, and rice to up protein even higher, drink this when you are bored, or thirsty not water, as water will not get you big and is without precious protein, whole milk is best when equal in price due to having more calories dollar for dollar then fat free, and fat free builds less mass than whole milk, or chocolate.

meat of your choice-since you cannot afford to make the drive to the local meat dealer and gas is an issue, and you probably caught a ride with your friend you will be getting your meat from wally world. make sure its cookable quick so that you dont have to spend so much time cooking during your day as most of your day you will be working to get more money, this will be the only expensive thing on the list, but , this shoudnt be an issue here, because remember all the money you saved money by not buying expensive products? Now you are buying big man food, and ready to grow for the first time of your life. Eat as much meat as you can handle

buy bannanas-cheap cheap cheap fruit to go along with eggs in the morning, or just anytime you are hungry

ice cream with hersheys mix- this is for when you are still hungry after a meal and need a good snack with your eggs, or your ground beef. again not very expensive for how much ice cream you get, and plenty of long lasting protein and carbs in ice cream to help build muscle

buy condiments to make any food you like more likely to be eatin and in larger quantity, as large quantity is what makes you grow.

also this is where you will be buying your peanut butter and jelly at, make sure to buy bread as well with bannanas up front.

even though you have a job, and are college student you will find time to eat, you will pack all the food in a bag like your mom did for you in elementary school, and eat it as often as possible every day and get your protein and calories in. this is even more important for you to eat, because you are working, and burning precious muscle building calories on your feet, or walking to class.

Buy something to put your food in for when you go to class, and if enough money is left over buy a coffee maker for 5 bucks along with enough coffee for nearly a year for 5-10 more bucks, this will be the only pre workout you will ever need.

step 3
lift heavy, only use compound movements that build muscle everywhere, overhead press, bench press, rows, and pullups will be a staple of your upper body routine

squats, deadlifts, lunges, and leg press will be the staple of lower body routine, there will be no abs, and and little lifts done as they waste time that coudve been spent eating, working or studying.

and since you are poor you will be spending some time working so no time to waste in the gym on pointless exercises.

you will lift heavy, and as often as possible this is not an option.

step 4
sleep 8 hours a night, no not counting the time where you were sitting there staring at the clock, or when you actually laid down, 8 full hours where you were knocked out cold and dreaming, this is most important step as recovery happens when you sleep

-Hunter Poole

nice

awesome, doing this is allowing me to save up for an actually nice first real car

Tried and true method. I would buy bulk vegetable too, like spinach. I have spinach with everything, literally. I will have a handful with eggs, I will dump all my meat on it in a bowl with some rice, etc. you can get a huge couple pound bag of fresh spinach at Costco for a few bucks. Get a generic multi vitamin too if you have some cash left over. Get a Costco size jar for $10 and it will last almost a year. Look for one with no or low iron since you will be eating a lot of meat and spinach. Hell, just about any brand will do. I am currently sharing a kids vitamin with my son.

PS make the peanut better natural if you can or else it will have trams fats in here

ahh! to live in the usa. dream of buying eggs for that price. decent supermarket eggs over here would cost you $24 equivalent. food seems so cheap over there.

[quote]alit4 wrote:
ahh! to live in the usa. dream of buying eggs for that price. decent supermarket eggs over here would cost you $24 equivalent. food seems so cheap over there.[/quote]

Really, eggs are that much? How can that be? They organic or something? Well, at least you have free health care.

[quote]sandos wrote:

[quote]alit4 wrote:
ahh! to live in the usa. dream of buying eggs for that price. decent supermarket eggs over here would cost you $24 equivalent. food seems so cheap over there.[/quote]

Really, eggs are that much? How can that be? They organic or something? Well, at least you have free health care. [/quote]

free range, not organic(that would be a lot more!) you can buy cheaper eggs than that but they will be small battery farmed products that means you need to eat twice as much. everything is expensive over here, they don’t call it rip off Britain for nothing. might ave something to do with the value of the £ being massively devalued over the last 3-4 years, but that’s another topic not suitable for this forum.

Nice. I heard so much conflicting crap when I was in college, wish someone had just laid down the basics like that. Damn magazines like Flex and M&F didn’t exactly help either -lol.

S

Maybe not abs, but your core should be trained. I feel that oatmeal should have got a S/O.

[quote]chobbs wrote:
Maybe not abs, but your core should be trained. I feel that oatmeal should have got a S/O.[/quote]

Between “squats, deadlifts, lunges” and “overhead press, rows” you really don’t think there’s enough core training? Serious question, because as far I can tell, the core’s getting hit pretty hard there if you’re working those as you should be.

I’m surprised. This is good.

[quote]alit4 wrote:

[quote]sandos wrote:

[quote]alit4 wrote:

Really, eggs are that much? How can that be? They organic or something? Well, at least you have free health care. [/quote]

free range, not organic(that would be a lot more!) you can buy cheaper eggs than that but they will be small battery farmed products that means you need to eat twice as much. everything is expensive over here, they don’t call it rip off Britain for nothing. might ave something to do with the value of the Ã?£ being massively devalued over the last 3-4 years, but that’s another topic not suitable for this forum.[/quote]

Or the fact that they have VAST amounts of land for farming compared to UK - so we have to import a lot more which is more expensive lol.

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]chobbs wrote:
Maybe not abs, but your core should be trained. I feel that oatmeal should have got a S/O.[/quote]

Between “squats, deadlifts, lunges” and “overhead press, rows” you really don’t think there’s enough core training? Serious question, because as far I can tell, the core’s getting hit pretty hard there if you’re working those as you should be.[/quote]
An ab rollout or plank never hurt anyone

Great post, Hunter. I like your focus on buying in bulk and making sure you consume cheap sources of protein and carbs.

x2 on frozen spinach.

Tinned tuna is also cheap and tasty! Making shakes with oats, PB, cocoa powder, bananas, raw eggs and cheap whey is something I like to do.

Edit: try and go to supermarkets/walmart later at night; buy the reduced to clear meat and freeze it :slight_smile:

Supplements that are worth buying, if you have some spare money: whey gives you a lot of options for shakes etc, creatine is cheap and effective, and fish oil has many health benefits. But these are not the first concern obviously. Basic whole foods should be the base of your diet.

As far as cooking meat in bulk goes, I like ground chicken the most. Takes me about 30 min to cook 5 pounds of it and all I do is season it with pepper and salt. Then throughout the week I microwave a portion of it with any sauce (using diff. sauces keeps me sane). I Used to cook chicken breast, but they’d be so nasty and dry when I rewarmed them (prob my fault for over cooking).

Excellent advice!

Go out and get a deer…real cheap, tastes AMAZING, very versatile too.

[quote]alit4 wrote:

yes i do not know how they make money off them, they are sooooooooo cheap

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
awesome, doing this is allowing me to save up for an actually nice first real car[/quote]

i got faith in you bro keep at it

[quote]sandos wrote:
Tried and true method. I would buy bulk vegetable too, like spinach. I have spinach with everything, literally. I will have a handful with eggs, I will dump all my meat on it in a bowl with some rice, etc. you can get a huge couple pound bag of fresh spinach at Costco for a few bucks. Get a generic multi vitamin too if you have some cash left over. Get a Costco size jar for $10 and it will last almost a year. Look for one with no or low iron since you will be eating a lot of meat and spinach. Hell, just about any brand will do. I am currently sharing a kids vitamin with my son.

PS make the peanut better natural if you can or else it will have trams fats in here[/quote]

yes i understand natural peanut butter would be nice but can get very expensive for the exclusion of trans fat, we are looking at getting the most out of our money, not exactly trying to eat 100 percent clean.

You will get plenty of nutrition from all the food listed, vitamins overkill in my opinion.

and last time i checked veggies didnt pack on much muscle, but to each his own