Poor Hip-Hop

I feel bad for hip-hop when a song like this… - YouTube is put into the same category (hip-hop) as a song like this… - YouTube

I agree. Where has hip hop gone???

[quote]jnnak wrote:
I feel bad for hip-hop when a song like this… - YouTube is put into the same category (hip-hop) as a song like this… - YouTube

Watch out… our local “Soulja Boy IZ hip-hop” supporters are going to seek you out.

And for the record, I agree. Except only idiots on MTV/BET would even call SB ‘hip-hop,’ most people would referr to it as cell-phone rap.

Soulja boy needs some squats and milk

[quote]bpatt wrote:
I agree. Where has hip hop gone???[/quote]

Underground

Agreed. arab and weezy suck too. Hopefully dre will come out with DETOX soon and put these fools to shame. Otherwise im going back to rock. I agree with high voltage, the good stuff right now is underground.

I want to know how he can afford all that shit. That car, all the chains and shit. Paid for by record companies?

[quote]msd0060 wrote:
I want to know how he can afford all that shit. That car, all the chains and shit. Paid for by record companies? [/quote]

LOL!!!

They don’t own that shit. They borrow that shit for videos and then give it right back. The ones who can actually afford all of that shit are few and far between…and likely also know as producers.

That song sucks.

I mean, it REALLY sucks. Someone actually gave them studio time to try to come out with another popcorn dance move song.

The only thing worse is that people are dumb enough to give them money for it.

[quote]msd0060 wrote:
I want to know how he can afford all that shit. That car, all the chains and shit. Paid for by record companies? [/quote]

Paid for by 13 year old girls who buy the records.

[quote]AssOnGrass wrote:
Soulja boy needs some squats and milk[/quote]

Dude is anorexic.

…and that song sucks.

[quote]elano wrote:
msd0060 wrote:
I want to know how he can afford all that shit. That car, all the chains and shit. Paid for by record companies?

Paid for by 13 year old girls who buy the records.[/quote]

See I always heard that rap CD’s are stolen more than bought, and DLed illegally off the net FAR more than bought.

It’s just fucked up when you see a “video” of these idiots but they’re ALREADY wearing expensive shit even though they just came out. (Talking about this douche bag’s first 3:30 chorus)

[quote]msd0060 wrote:
elano wrote:
msd0060 wrote:

Paid for by 13 year old girls who buy the records.

See I always heard that rap CD’s are stolen more than bought, and DLed illegally off the net FAR more than bought.

It’s just fucked up when you see a “video” of these idiots but they’re ALREADY wearing expensive shit even though they just came out. (Talking about this douche bag’s first 3:30 chorus)[/quote]

Artists make most of their income from touring, not from cd sales…and that was even before people downloaded most of their music.

It is also why those lacking LIVE talent never last long.

Many of these guys you see on videos are still living in their mama’s house unless they knew somebody and got an unusually lucrative deal with the Record company.

In fact, if they aren’t a household name and topping the charts on a regular basis, it is likely they have less money than you do.

Aright, Ill admit I was probably wrong then. Maybe their just props. I want to hear some good rap that FLOOOOOOWWWWWWSSSS and rhymes. I want to listen to a song and say “DAMMNNN!! this guy has skills”, not “what the #@$% is this crap?”. I want to listen to a rapper who spits tongue twisters, not repeating the same thing over and over.

[quote]elano wrote:
Aright, Ill admit I was probably wrong then. Maybe their just props. I want to hear some good rap that FLOOOOOOWWWWWWSSSS and rhymes. I want to listen to a song and say “DAMMNNN!! this guy has skills”, not “what the #@$% is this crap?”.

I want to listen to a rapper who spits tongue twisters, not repeating the same thing over and over.[/quote]

Busta Rhymes
Nas
Andre from OutKast

[quote]Professor X wrote:
elano wrote:
Aright, Ill admit I was probably wrong then. Maybe their just props. I want to hear some good rap that FLOOOOOOWWWWWWSSSS and rhymes. I want to listen to a song and say “DAMMNNN!! this guy has skills”, not “what the #@$% is this crap?”. I want to listen to a rapper who spits tongue twisters, not repeating the same thing over and over.

Busta Rhymes
Nas
Andre from OutKast[/quote]

Don’t worry. He’ll fall under the category of:

Vanilla Ice
M.C HAmmer
Coolio… One hit wonders!!

Repping fo my Aussie hip hop hoppers.

Yea its not the actual video clip but eh… use ur ears.

http://www.break.com/index/a-completely-honest-randb-song.html

[quote]Professor X wrote:
elano wrote:

Busta Rhymes
Nas
Andre from OutKast[/quote]

Adding to that, if you want flow and tongue-twisters, check out Twista and ESPECIALLY krayzie bone’s solo shit. Or just Bone Thugs. Either way, you’re solid.

Just wanted to post this:

Cam’Ron - My Aura

[quote]elano wrote:
Aright, Ill admit I was probably wrong then. Maybe their just props. I want to hear some good rap that FLOOOOOOWWWWWWSSSS and rhymes. I want to listen to a song and say "DAMMNNN!!

This guy has skills", not “what the #@$% is this crap?”. I want to listen to a rapper who spits tongue twisters, not repeating the same thing over and over.[/quote]

Twista & Busta Rhymes, look no further.