Pooping with Carbs

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:
I only use a multi, digestive enzymes, and fish oil. I use food as my supplements pre/peri/post workout. I am consistently aiming to gain lean mass, and do not use bulking and cutting cycles. It makes the process a lot slower, but that’s what I like and that’s what I stick with.

I have used protein supplements in the past, but think that my progress has been the same if not better since cutting them out. I think relying on food as your supplements forces you to eat more, eat healthy, and become very knowledgeable about what your putting in your tank.[/quote]

AWESOME. i wanted to start a thread asking if anyone had gone no-powder while trying to gain muscle.

right now i eat low carb: meat, vegetables, nuts… and protein powder.

but the damn powders don’t agree with me no matter what i use (even the no flavor, no sweetener, high quality stuff you can get online… rice, pea, whey, casein, it don’t matter, tried many brands over the last 14 years… no dice). and yes, i use digestive enzymes and HCL so it’s not that.

sooooooo… i was wondering how to do peri-workout nutrition without powders… and while staying low carb.

you seem to be doing exactly that!

so can you please break down in detail how you do it? it would be greatly appreciated!

[quote]ProjectX wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:
I only use a multi, digestive enzymes, and fish oil. I use food as my supplements pre/peri/post workout. I am consistently aiming to gain lean mass, and do not use bulking and cutting cycles. It makes the process a lot slower, but that’s what I like and that’s what I stick with.

I have used protein supplements in the past, but think that my progress has been the same if not better since cutting them out. I think relying on food as your supplements forces you to eat more, eat healthy, and become very knowledgeable about what your putting in your tank.[/quote]

AWESOME. i wanted to start a thread asking if anyone had gone no-powder while trying to gain muscle.

right now i eat low carb: meat, vegetables, nuts… and protein powder.

but the damn powders don’t agree with me no matter what i use (even the no flavor, no sweetener, high quality stuff you can get online… rice, pea, whey, casein, it don’t matter, tried many brands over the last 14 years… no dice). and yes, i use digestive enzymes and HCL so it’s not that.

sooooooo… i was wondering how to do peri-workout nutrition without powders… and while staying low carb.

you seem to be doing exactly that!

so can you please break down in detail how you do it? it would be greatly appreciated!
[/quote]

Honestly, I keep it pretty simple. I try to eat a big meal 1 hour before, consisting primarily of protein (chicken turkey etc.) and medium carb veggies (carrots, tomatoes) or fruit if it’s going to be a rough lifting day (no fats). Then I try to eat a similar meal within an hour of finishing my lift (again no fat). Then the rest of my daily meals are higher in fat but contain very low carb veggies like broccoli, kale, spinach, cauliflower etc.

I think people get to focused on specific timing and measurements. Eating smart and eating right has helped me the most, both in recovery and general body composition. People don’t realize that most supplements are full of sugar, fillers, and poor ingredients. Using simple cooked meals has worked extremely well for me, as I am getting good quality calories, and can control exactly what I’m putting in my tank.

Thanks man, that was very helpful. Really appreciate it.

[quote]ProjectX wrote:
Thanks man, that was very helpful. Really appreciate it.[/quote]

Your welcome, PM me if you have any other questions or thoughts.