Pooping with Carbs

I was recently in low carb high fat diet. After the diet I started to eat more again with plentiful carbs and calories. I noticed I get a nasty stool. Right after I got off my diet so it does not seem like a concidence. You think its the carbs?

I don’t think this is a direct answer to your question, but anyone who considers themselves a bodybuilder should supplement with fiber. It will literally change the way you poop forever.

Why is this in the BB section?

exact same thing happens to me.

i’ll go a week low carb, have great ‘movements’ then on the saturday i carb up and it’s like i have brutal IBS the entire day.

absolutely no coincidence with me. happens every time. even with so called “clean” carbs.

some people just can’t handle carbs very well. i suspect candida in my case but who knows. all i know is that carbs mess me up bad in that way.

Your body is just not used to processing large amounts of carbs because you’re low carb 90% of the time. Take some digestive enzymes when you’re carbing up.

well i for one take a ton of digestive enzymes with every meal (including betaine HCL). what i described above still happens.

Insoluble fibre may help. Oatmeal for breakfast with some dried fruit for example. Baked beans are cheap and have loads of fibre in too.

[quote]ProjectX wrote:
exact same thing happens to me.

i’ll go a week low carb, have great ‘movements’ then on the saturday i carb up and it’s like i have brutal IBS the entire day.

absolutely no coincidence with me. happens every time. even with so called “clean” carbs.

some people just can’t handle carbs very well. i suspect candida in my case but who knows. all i know is that carbs mess me up bad in that way.[/quote]

Well I was worried could this mean a bad thing. Maybe my body is not using the carbs? Of course this is a theory.

[quote]Evilmage wrote:
Your body is just not used to processing large amounts of carbs because you’re low carb 90% of the time. Take some digestive enzymes when you’re carbing up.[/quote]

Like? I was in a diet(low carb) but now im eating much more. In fact I taking the anaconda protocal.

[quote]Evilmage wrote:
Your body is just not used to processing large amounts of carbs because you’re low carb 90% of the time. Take some digestive enzymes when you’re carbing up.[/quote]

Does that mean I would benefit more on a higher fat moderate carb if I want to get bigger and stronger since im carb intolerate?

Does this mean going to the bathroom with a loaf of bread next to you?

I ended up getting some digestive enzyme as I was buying some fiber a few weeks ago at vitamin shoppe. I started taking 2 with every meal and ended up going number 2 every 20 minutes with tons of gas. Is this common when taking digestive enzymes or did I just get some bad quality stuff?

My problem when going from low-carb to a normal level of carbs was never pooping… it was the gas. The farting never stopped, and it smelled terrible every single time.

[quote]Hellfrost wrote:
I ended up getting some digestive enzyme as I was buying some fiber a few weeks ago at vitamin shoppe. I started taking 2 with every meal and ended up going number 2 every 20 minutes with tons of gas. Is this common when taking digestive enzymes or did I just get some bad quality stuff?[/quote]

That is not normal, digestive enzymes should be eliminating those problems. I only take 1 with breakfast, lunch and dinner, not with my other meals or snacks, for a total of 3 per day. You might be overdosing. Look for a complete enzyme, I can message you the one I use, if I post it here the mods will become unhappy and lower my internet karma.

I’ve also noticed more nastiness when switching from low carb to high carb.

However, continued high carb, with plenty of fiber, has me going back to shitting rainbows.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]Hellfrost wrote:
I ended up getting some digestive enzyme as I was buying some fiber a few weeks ago at vitamin shoppe. I started taking 2 with every meal and ended up going number 2 every 20 minutes with tons of gas. Is this common when taking digestive enzymes or did I just get some bad quality stuff?[/quote]

That is not normal, digestive enzymes should be eliminating those problems. I only take 1 with breakfast, lunch and dinner, not with my other meals or snacks, for a total of 3 per day. You might be overdosing. Look for a complete enzyme, I can message you the one I use, if I post it here the mods will become unhappy and lower my internet karma.[/quote]

Biotest doesn’t really offer any enzyme products, but anyway you still use the one that you pm’ed me a while back? I was going to get it, but I figured I would pick something up pretty quickly on my way to work. Guess that was a mistake.

[quote]Hellfrost wrote:

No I never took any enzymes.

I just would like to know If it would be better going higher fat for gaining strength. If it means pooping a hell of a lot more than I would be ok with it as long as I would get stronger.

[quote]motherofpearl2 wrote:
I just would like to know If it would be better going higher fat for gaining strength. If it means pooping a hell of a lot more than I would be ok with it as long as I would get stronger.[/quote]

I am going on my 5th month without any carbs except from veggies and occasional fruits (maybe 3 times per week), and I have to say that I am very happy with the progress that I have been making in the gym.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

I just would like to know If it would be better going higher fat for gaining strength. If it means pooping a hell of a lot more than I would be ok with it as long as I would get stronger.[/quote]

I am going on my 5th month without any carbs except from veggies and occasional fruits (maybe 3 times per week), and I have to say that I am very happy with the progress that I have been making in the gym.[/quote]

Just curious are you trying to get leaner or gain some mass right now? Do you still take anything pre/peri/post workout? Do you still use whey?

Thanks!

[quote]Reef wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

I am going on my 5th month without any carbs except from veggies and occasional fruits (maybe 3 times per week), and I have to say that I am very happy with the progress that I have been making in the gym.[/quote]

Just curious are you trying to get leaner or gain some mass right now? Do you still take anything pre/peri/post workout? Do you still use whey?

Thanks![/quote]

I only use a multi, digestive enzymes, and fish oil. I use food as my supplements pre/peri/post workout. I am consistently aiming to gain lean mass, and do not use bulking and cutting cycles. It makes the process a lot slower, but that’s what I like and that’s what I stick with.

I have used protein supplements in the past, but think that my progress has been the same if not better since cutting them out. I think relying on food as your supplements forces you to eat more, eat healthy, and become very knowledgeable about what your putting in your tank.