Pool Hoops Domination

Interesting way to spend your summer vacation:

Thank you Steel Nation. I have found the video you have submitted to this website to be a very entertaining collection of what looks to be a rather fun weekend of pool shenanigas.

Sincerely,
Nate

The only impressive one was the first dunk off the second story.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
The only impressive one was the first dunk off the second story. [/quote]

You lie. You know ~70% of that shit was legit.

Hahaha that’s fucking awesome.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

That whole vid was badass. Those kids have some nuts. I’m scared of heights.

Cool video. I dig the pool as well.

Dunk with the skimmer was the best.

V

[quote]eic wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

You lie. You know ~70% of that shit was legit. [/quote]

Dude, it was legit, but it was for children. Up here in Chico and south of me on the Feather River are all sorts of spots to jump off of cliffs that are way higher than that pussy 8-9 foot jump they were doing.

I regularly hit up a jump off the side of a cliff that is about 45ft high. There’s another one that’s about 60-70ft high on the Feather River that I do gainers and front flips off of all the time. I’m talking about real, big floaty ones too. I also regularly hit up a spot that requires a twenty foot headfirst dive into a small pool in the middle of the creek that’s about 30 ft deep and surrounded on all sides by huge boulders. You jump headfirst and about twenty feet down there’s a tunnel between two of the boulders and you swim through it and come out on the other side.

Shit, I jump off this bridge into the Oroville reservoir all the time that must be close to a hundred feet high. Always wear shoes with that one and stay tight. Fuck, in the creek right behind my house there’s a rope swing I do backfips off of that must be 20-25 feet high up and that’s only into about 7 ft of water.

There’s an apartment complex here in town that has huge parties all the time and it’s got these circular decks that go all around this courtyard with a pool in the middle. Four stories up. On Halloween about eight years ago I got completely plowed and had this costume on where I had some size 50 pants and had filled them with a bunch of bubblewrap up to my armpits like in one of the old JackAss episodes and I jumped off the fourth story roof into the pool in front of about 1000 people, chugging a fucking beer the whole way down.

Those kids probably hit up some crazy cliff jumps if they have access to them, but the shit in that video was strictly minor league child’s play. Yeah, the backflips and front flips were cool, but there’s no real element of danger. If those kids were throwing big floated-out gainers while running off a 65ft high cliff into the Feather River I’d give them some credit, but not for this shit. I see ten year old girls do that shit every weekend in the creek behind my house.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]eic wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

You lie. You know ~70% of that shit was legit. [/quote]

Dude, it was legit, but it was for children. Up here in Chico and south of me on the Feather River are all sorts of spots to jump off of cliffs that are way higher than that pussy 8-9 foot jump they were doing.

I regularly hit up a jump off the side of a cliff that is about 45ft high. There’s another one that’s about 60-70ft high on the Feather River that I do gainers and front flips off of all the time. I’m talking about real, big floaty ones too. I also regularly hit up a spot that requires a twenty foot headfirst dive into a small pool in the middle of the creek that’s about 30 ft deep and surrounded on all sides by huge boulders. You jump headfirst and about twenty feet down there’s a tunnel between two of the boulders and you swim through it and come out on the other side.

Shit, I jump off this bridge into the Oroville reservoir all the time that must be close to a hundred feet high. Always wear shoes with that one and stay tight. Fuck, in the creek right behind my house there’s a rope swing I do backfips off of that must be 20-25 feet high up and that’s only into about 7 ft of water.

There’s an apartment complex here in town that has huge parties all the time and it’s got these circular decks that go all around this courtyard with a pool in the middle. Four stories up. On Halloween about eight years ago I got completely plowed and had this costume on where I had some size 50 pants and had filled them with a bunch of bubblewrap up to my armpits like in one of the old JackAss episodes and I jumped off the fourth story roof into the pool in front of about 1000 people, chugging a fucking beer the whole way down.

Those kids probably hit up some crazy cliff jumps if they have access to them, but the shit in that video was strictly minor league child’s play. Yeah, the backflips and front flips were cool, but there’s no real element of danger. If those kids were throwing big floated-out gainers while running off a 65ft high cliff into the Feather River I’d give them some credit, but not for this shit. I see ten year old girls do that shit every weekend in the creek behind my house.[/quote]

I think you’re missing the point of the vid. It wasn’t a “we’ve got huge balls” video, so much as a “check out the cool shit we can do” video. The point wasn’t how high they were jumping; it was the synchronization and precision. Like the one where the dude bats the ball into the air right in front of the dude coming off the platform. Or where the dude heads the ball up in the air for a guy jumping to catch it. And don’t even get me started on the triple jump things they were doing.

That shit doesn’t really take a whole lot of precision. Plus, I’m sure they didn’t get it right the first time. Come on, one kid jumps, throws a ball up, another kid catches it and throws it to the third guy as he’s jumping. Synchronized swimming is more impressive to me than that shit.

Besides that, you missed the point of MY post, which was a direct response to yours. No, I don’t think it was legit other than that it really happened. I assume you meant legit as in “cool”, so no, I don’t think it was that cool. This is cool:

Cliff Jumping Extreme - YouTube

THIS is legit:

It was obviously a long summer. Good video. Wonder how long they practiced to put that together. Running out with a pool cleaner was just funny, they needed more props. The stunt with the ladder was good.