Pollyanna Ideas - Movie Theme

[quote]BeefEater wrote:
An empty box - The Invisible Man
[/quote]
LOL

There are some legitimately good ideas in here and some that are funny - I can’t wait to give someone a dead cat!

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:
It seems in my excitement I mistook that this is a gifting thing, and made some kind of costume charades event up in my head. I say a Volleyball with a DIY Wilson Print packaged inside an old FedEx box, maybe even order a volleyball through FedEx.[/quote]

Lol, I was wondering what the hell you were talking about. I don’t know how, after reading my post, you thought I’d be wearing astroglide to a family Christmas party.

This is a pretty good idea, but I don’t want it to be too obvious. After we came up with the idea this was one of the first ideas someone mentioned as an example of what someone could do.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:
It seems in my excitement I mistook that this is a gifting thing, and made some kind of costume charades event up in my head. I say a Volleyball with a DIY Wilson Print packaged inside an old FedEx box, maybe even order a volleyball through FedEx.[/quote]

Lol, I was wondering what the hell you were talking about. I don’t know how, after reading my post, you thought I’d be wearing astroglide to a family Christmas party.

This is a pretty good idea, but I don’t want it to be too obvious. After we came up with the idea this was one of the first ideas someone mentioned as an example of what someone could do.[/quote]

Yeah, I should have clocked on after sex lubricant came up, but maybe you could have lathered yourself in it, put on a suit and gone as Agent Jay from Men In Black after he gets blown out of the cockroach alien’s stomach, work that creativity man.

You could maybe get a 2GAT123 California license plate, that one’s kind of obscure.

Crocodile Dundee’s hunting knife could be cool if anybody has any use for that. Maybe a cool William Wallace style Broadsword from Braveheart.

Maybe a Police Academy megaphone.

Or if there’s someone you don’t really like there, a jar of dirt from Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest.

Running through these suggestions has made me realise how awful at gifting I would be in this situation.

A brown felt fedora - Indiana Jones.

A “rule of wrist” stick - Boondock Saints
Baseball signed ‘Baby Ruthie’ - Sandlot(alternatively, a baseball absolutely destroyed by a dog, covered in slobber, or a pair of PF Flyers).
A bag of grass(weed, but I’m doubting that will actually be a gift), soap on a rope, and a fruit cup - Half Baked
Jockstrap + cup - Jackass
Raspberry Jam - Spaceballs
Briefcase full of IOU’s - Dumb and Dumber

[quote]red04 wrote:

[/quote]

My favorite so far…I have a soft spot for Dumb and Dumber!

[quote]red04 wrote:
[/quote]

Rule of wrist?

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]red04 wrote:
[/quote]

Rule of wrist?[/quote]

The rule of thumb was that you used to be able to beat your wife with a stick that was no thicker than your thumb. In the Boondock Saints they say something along the lines of you can’t do much damage with that and that maybe it should have been rule of wrist.

Golf balls and uncashed checks for Caddyshack.

[quote]GrizzlyBerg wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]red04 wrote:
[/quote]

Rule of wrist?[/quote]

The rule of thumb was that you used to be able to beat your wife with a stick that was no thicker than your thumb. In the Boondock Saints they say something along the lines of you can’t do much damage with that and that maybe it should have been rule of wrist. [/quote]

Ahh gotcha, I remember the rule of thumb being mentioned, but I couldn’t remember the scene.

bloody axe and stovepipe hat. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
clown mask and fried chicken. House of 1000 Corpses

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]red04 wrote:

[/quote]

My favorite so far…I have a soft spot for Dumb and Dumber![/quote]

Found a sweet Samsonite briefcase on craigslist for $15!