Pollsters Continue to Prove Progressives Are Right About Everything

I don’t know specifics for Pharm

Here’s their 2016 statement

Looks like a good chunk is related to their 2016 aquisitings.

I think this is the most interesting part:

42b in debt… Ouch.

75% of free cash covered by dividends payable… ouch

11+b in accrued comp and pension related…

Wow that balance sheet isn’t as pretty as I expected. (54.4b in Goodwill, lol)

3 Likes

Ya, the idea that “Big Pharm” is fucking crushing it always makes me chuckle a bit.

2 Likes

OPM bro. It’s expensive.

In Karl’s defense, they do spend a fuck ton in lobbying.

And

Here we are again. A Zep thread that goes nowhere. Why do we do this to ourselves?

Y’all either like to spin your wheels, are suckers for punishment or all of the above

1 Like

The percentage is relative to your total profits.

Gilead (gild, -0.15%) reported $18.1 billion in profit over 2015—but the enormous margin hasn’t escaped controversy.

Man, my heart just bleeds for Gilead they are barely surviving.

With Sovaldi currently priced at $1,000 per pill, a bipartisan Senate investigation accused Gilead of maximizing Sovaldi profits at the expense of hepatitis C patients last December.

The screwing over of the public. Profits over people!

Better donate more money to the politicians to get the heat off and to keep up their profits and ability to exploit the American citizens.

I don’t even… Just, whatever.

1 Like

Margins are relative to total profits, sellout.

Do those groups affect policy the way corporations do? Union membership has steadily fallen for the last half of a century and you expect people to believe they have as much say so as corporations in effecting policy? What your ideology requires you to say to keep it alive is extremely embarrassing, pawn.

The agency of the FDA is set up for the protection of the public so pharma cannot take advantage of the public. Another ridiculous request spurned on by your ideology. A theory when applied to the real world doesn’t work and you can’t take it. Very weak.

So when Big Pharma was initially against medical marijuana, seeking to limit the choice of the public so they could keep up their profits for fear it would dampen their money making. This is a good thing?

The percentages are all relative to their total profits, moron.

Bro, they seek to limit the choices of the public to monopolize their standing. Bro, you don’t see a problem with that paradigm?

The funding of pharma by the NIH. How much money is spent on R&D by the NIH? 32 billion according to them.

Grants & Funding | National Institutes of Health (NIH) An idea of the funding that the public does. But hey, that is not enough they need to do detective work so they won’t be taken advantage of. And you idiots actually believe that is okay. Just goes to show what your ridiculous political philosophy requires to work.

For the morons who actually believe Big Pharma isn’t that profitable.

Why would they spend this much on lobbying? To keep their razor thin margins? If so, maybe their business model doesn’t work.

It goes nowhere to close-minded people like yourself. So please do everyone a favor and just go away.

I irony of calling me a moron here is hilarious.

You are incredibly stupid.