Pollsters Continue to Prove Progressives Are Right About Everything

At no point are you certain as you are still trusting others.

I also don’t believe it’s some global conspiracy but I don’t think Big Pharma really cares about how healthy we are or aren’t but I wouldn’t expect them to either.

Big pharma creates drugs that cure diseases and mitigate side effects. Health and wellness is not their game. Lifestyle disease makes them a lot of money. It’s not their fault people eat snack foods, drink Pepsi, smoke etc…

I think asking how much influence they have on our health and wellness is a legitimate question.

Depends on the bucket…

Fair. But people were getting sick before big pharma. They don’t shovel feed us big Macs to sell more insulin. Most diseases are lifestyle diseases. The villain is in the mirror.

2 Likes

Yes, but why change your lifestyle when you can take a pill? I mean, why are people perfectly fine with choosing medication over lifestyle changes? I’m not saying Big Pharma has deliberately brainwashed us to think this way but maybe they contributed to this attitude indirectly.

This isn’t a serious question - people do this all the time. They change their lifestyles in lieu of taking pills. Of course, some people DO go about just taking their medicine. Keep in mind human behavior is largely variable.

I don’t know in what proportions each type of behavior is exhibited, but just from the people in my own life, both my parents have made significant behavioral changes in order to NOT take pills. They enjoy being healthy and spending time with their friends and family. The answer to your question is changing lifestyle in lieu of pills is it improves quality of life significantly - it’s not a big secret and a lot of people ACTUALLY do this for that specific reason…

Some are fine with, some aren’t. I’d imagine the reasons vary but probably fit into categories such as: being lazy, don’t know better (again lazy), have low expectations for their lives, that’s what they know to do, etc.

You didn’t define an attitude. You asked a rhetorical questions. You seem to have a low opinion of other people’s intelligence without clearly defining exactly who you’re talking about…or maybe I missed something from an earlier post?

No maybe needed.

Care to point me to where this was addressed or are you just going to post smug shit?

1 Like

It’s simply about what role or influence, if any, Big Pharma has when it comes to health and wellness in this country. They do advertise themselves as offering magic in a bottle so has this somehow affected how some Americans think. Look at how many Americans are on psych meds; what is Big Pharma’s role in this phenomenon?

And if you don’t like it they will beat your ass with an ax handle…

Meh, You’re looking at it from one angle - I’m sure you consider the other side of the argument but you’re not considering it here.

it takes 2 for “influence” to happen. Those who seek to influence and those are to be influenced. I take zero drugs aside from over the counter allergy medication and the occasional SAID.

It’s not a simple question when you’re referring to an entire population. There’s vast amounts of variation. Some people are more easily influenced than others, and some not at all. There are also other factors that go into the amount of influence big pharma might have on a persons choice of health lifestyle.

I disagree with this. I’ve watched their advertisements and I’m not under the influence that they are trying to convince me that they’re offering magic in a bottle lol … shit have you LISTENED to side effects associated with these drugs? Fuckin’ half the commercial is the micro machine guy rattling off the 30 second list of possible side effects.

To me, they are clearly offering relief for symptoms associated with ailments or diseases. I agree some people see it the way you describe. others the way I describe, still others differently.

I don’t know. I don’t know how many Americans are on psych meds. Also, that’s a pretty wide net wrt drug class. There are drugs that address different things within the “psych med” class - what’s the distribution of these drugs? why?

The questions are what is the influence, if any, and how strong is it?

We are talking about the general public, not you.

Exactly, why?

Well, there’s obviously an influence, that’s not a question at all. That’s never been in disagreement - at least not with me.

The question ought to be, on who is the greatest amount of influence and is it egregious? Maybe I’m misinterpreting your points, but it seems to me your implying there’s malicious intent. I don’t think that’s the case - at least not on any grand scale.

Good luck with that conversation - the “general public” isn’t a real thing on which real decisions are made (or shouldn’t be made)

That exercise is all you, brother.

No, I’m just saying it is a subject worth investigating to find out whether or not there is intent of any sort.

Yet you brought up that some people (from the general public) are more influenced than others.

Thanks for the clarification.

And you keep engaging with me … so, yes YOU are talking about more than just the general public with me

I don’t even know what that means. If we are all part of the general public then how can there be more than that?

man, doesn’t even matter tbh

This is what drives me so bonkers about progressives or leftists or whatever they want to call themselves. They mostly admit that government it easily corruptible, but want to put more power in the hands of government. :confounded:

3 Likes

I literally laughed out loud. Stick to monetary policy, Milt.

1 Like