Poll: Who's The Best S&C Pro???

Please only choose from these names. I don’t want anyone inserting their high school coach’s name in here.

Here’s the criteria… If you wanted to look GREAT, play a sport at an elite level, and you wanted to be freaky strong and avoid injury. Who would you choose???

Dan John

Chad Waterbury

Mike Boyle

Charles Staley

Charles Poliquin

Alwyn Cosgrove

Christian Thibadeau

Louie Simmons

Eric Cressey

Bill Hartman

Mike Robertson

Gray Cook

That dork from Biggest Loser

Oprah’s Trainer- Bob Whatever

Vote!!!

Louie

We need a S&C Coach Battle Royal to determine the winner. Set up a full size ring at Biotest HQ and whoever’s left in the ring wins.

with all due respect to the aforementioned coaches, there are a lot of successful guys in the world who just don’t promote themselves enough to have T-Nation visibility

Poliquin

mike woicik. the nfl record amount of rings don’t lie.

[quote]belligerent wrote:
with all due respect to the aforementioned coaches, there are a lot of successful guys in the world who just don’t promote themselves enough to have T-Nation visibility[/quote]

Seconded.

There are lots of D-I (and even a few D-II and D-III, for that matter) college and NFL S&C coaches who you may have never heard of that can hang with many of those guys named, if not all.

I agree!

with all due respect to the aforementioned coaches, there are a lot of successful guys in the world who just don’t promote themselves enough to have T-Nation visibility[/quote]

Agreed. Guys like Nelson Ayotte. From that list, I’d take Poliquin or Louie or Thib.

The guy from the Biggest ‘looser’ is clearly the best. If he weren’t, then why would he be on TV?

[quote]David Barr wrote:
The guy from the Biggest ‘looser’ is clearly the best. If he weren’t, then why would he be on TV?[/quote]

Exactly. It is either the Loooser guy or Dr. Phil.

[quote]speed wrote:
belligerent wrote:
with all due respect to the aforementioned coaches, there are a lot of successful guys in the world who just don’t promote themselves enough to have T-Nation visibility

Agreed. Guys like Nelson Ayotte. From that list, I’d take Poliquin or Louie or Thib.

[/quote]

Nelson Ayotte works for / with Poliquin

[quote]CC wrote:
belligerent wrote:

Seconded.

There are lots of D-I (and even a few D-II and D-III, for that matter) college and NFL S&C coaches who you may have never heard of that can hang with many of those guys named, if not all.
[/quote]

I agree as well. Ethan Reeves comes to mind. I know there are other coaches out there, but for the sake of the poll, let’s just keep to the list given. If I left your name out then, sorry.

Does Staley vote for himself? C’mon Charles, if you had to pick a trainer, who would you choose? :slight_smile:

Oprah.

Anatoly Bondarchuk (just stirring the pot and not following orders!)

Cheers!

JB should be on the list. For me it’d be a toss up between him and Cressey.

[quote]IHateGymMorons wrote:
Please only choose from these names.
[/quote]

So basically what you’re saying is this: Your knowledge of S&C coaches is limited to people who regularly contribute to T-Nation. Unreal.

I’m reminded of this saying: “We take a handful of sand from the endless landscape around us and call that handfull of sand the world.”

Please only choose from these names. I don’t want anyone inserting their high school coach’s name in here.

Here’s the criteria… If you wanted to look GREAT, play a sport at an elite level, and you wanted to be freaky strong and avoid injury. Who would you choose???
[/quote]

BTW, since your criteria is that the person should select a coach is he wants to “play at an elite level,” please list 5 elite elite athletes trained by each of the persons you’ve listed.

I’m not saying you don’t have a good list. What I am saying is that your list is not based on any real knowledge of the S&C community. You just picked the names of guys who write here.

Please only choose from these names.
[/quote]

Why?

Out of that list I’d say Bill Hartman, maybe Cosgrove.

After that Robert Dos Medios, who I guess could have already won this (NSCA coach of the year).

Kelly Baggett and other coaches are also missing from your list.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
IHateGymMorons wrote:

BTW, since your criteria is that the person should select a coach is he wants to “play at an elite level,” please list 5 elite elite athletes trained by each of the persons you’ve listed.

I’m not saying you don’t have a good list. What I am saying is that your list is not based on any real knowledge of the S&C community. You just picked the names of guys who write here. [/quote]

The point of the poll was to use coaches relevant to this site. I threw in the other names and Gray Cook, just for the fun of it.

Save it Cali-fag. Implying my knowledge of coaches is limited to a website makes you look like an arrogant idiot.

This is a hypothetical question for the sake of a poll… not to advertise all the other trainers I know and have worked with.